It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

P.E.T.A. Exposed for the shame it is. Feel stupid now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Documents published online this month show that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, an organization known for its uncompromising animal-rights positions, killed more than 95 percent of the pets in its care in 2011.

The documents, obtained from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, were published online by the Center for Consumer Freedom, a non-profit organization that runs online campaigns targeting groups that antagonize food producers.

Fifteen years’ worth of similar records show that since 1998 PETA has killed more than 27,000 animals at its headquarters in Norfolk, VA.

In a February 16 statement, the Center said PETA killed 1,911 cats and dogs last year, finding homes for only 24 pets.

Read more: www.sodahead.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well, well. This is genuinely a big surprise. After "Meet Your Meat," and PETA's various other exposes of the meat industry, I never would have expected to find the shoe on the other foot; especially not to this degree!

What is the future of PETA now, I wonder?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

PETA"s name is mud now.
There was an article posted about this last week. I hope the story keeps circulating until they are out of business.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
this is old news. im sure u could find a thread already posted about this

2nd

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
PETA = People who Euthanize and Terminate Animals. There is nothing "ethical" about that organization. Somebody ought to run up to people who wear PETA tee shirts and throw blood on them.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Feel stupid now?

Who are you asking? I haven't heard of any PETA members on this site

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I don't really understand though why they would kill the animals. How can you be an organization devoted to the better treatment of animals ... then murder all the animals in your care? I don't think it's even possible to get more hypocritical than that.. it's absolutely disgusting..

Anyone supporting PETA in my eyes are no more than secretive kitten murderers.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This gets posted once a month.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I just thought of a saying that seems appropriate for PETA "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"
and that post about throwing blood on them is spot on bunch of bloody hypocrites.

hey does anyone know how much peta earns yearly in donations? and where does the money go?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
You all are vastly underestimating the amount of animals out there with no home.

Not every shelter can be a no-kill shelter.

You seem so upset that they would euthanize so many and yet don't care about the ignorant people who had those pets and dumped them.

If we didn't have so many idiots then we would have less disposable animals.

Pick any animal organization and you will find similar numbers of how many pets are killed.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This is actually quite old news.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It may be old news but, I just heard about it yesterday. I am an animal lover and I didn't know this about PETA. I can understand the difficulty in finding homes for so many animals but, only saving 24 of them?!? They are as bad as the Humane Society. I agree that it should be pushed harder to make people fix their animals. I am just shocked that they put down so many more than they save!

My biggest question is why, if this is old news, is this information still not common knowledge?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
What's with the thread title?
Feel stupid now?

No I don't at all
Liberals vote for Obama, Obama ends up being more pro-war than the most hawkish republicans and mr. transparency becomes so secretive
Feel stupid now Liberals?

I don't mean you are a liberal or anything
I just mean just because an orgranization/administration kills their promises doesn't mean you stop believing in the cause

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

That was mine
bad example I gave... I admit

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Who should be feeling stupid?
And why is other people feeling stupid so important anyway...?
edit on 2-7-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This is Old News.

PETA kills thousands of pets Each and Every Year in this manner. They try to find homes for them but those that don't get adopted each gets the Axe. PETA does this because they claim the cost is too high to take care of them - so, they kill them instead!

better to give all the animals to the SPCA. How can PETA participating in mass animal murder be legal?

If you or I owned a pet and decided to kill them off because you could not take care of them, we would go to prison.

top topics

join