It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

So Cain is the son of Satan?

page: 2
2
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


All I can find is the symbols. This language is as mysterious as the lord. Also about your point on the serpent what if i run into a non believer and he asks me this question. Ive seen a few athiests ask the question of why the serpent got punished and i can never answer it. Then its followed by oh God is unjust blah blah blah.


Okay, sorry, that is a good reason. Okay, the Hebrew word is "Nachash" (sp?), and it originally meant "shining one". Because of the Genesis narrative Nachash came to mean a serpent. satan masquerades as an angel of light.


The Hebrew word rendered "serpent" in Gen. 3.1 is Nachash (from the root Nachash, to shine), and means a shining one. Hence, in Chaldee it means brass or copper, because of its shining. Hence also, the word nehushtan, a piece of brass, in 2 Kings 18.4.

In the same way Saraph, in Isaiah 6.2,6, means a burning one, and, because the serpents mentioned in Numbers 21 were burning, in the poison of their bite, they were called Saraphim, or Seraphs.


Serpent of Genesis 3.


For the Hebrew root meanings of those names:

Here.




posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


And to piggyback on what NuT just illustrated, I'll just reaffirm....here...

Genesis 3:1 starts off with "Now the serpent was more subtil..."

Here is Strongs Concordance on the word translated as serpent:

H5175 nachash naw-khawsh'

from H5172;

a snake (from its hiss).

And the H5172 that H5175 is derived from:

H5172 nachash naw-khash'

a primitive root;

properly, to hiss, i.e. whisper a (magic) spell; generally, to prognosticate.


KJV: X certainly, divine, enchanter, (use) X enchantment, learn by experience, X indeed, diligently observe



Here's a couple links I highly recommend you checking out:

studybible.info...

and

www.bible.cc...

edit on 3/17/2012 by Iason321 because: added links to sources of great information.



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin
 


Can't go into too much depth with this one because it's not an area that I've studied much (mostly because there really isn't a need to) but I have heard that explanation before. The problem is that the verses surrounding that whole area keep referring to the fruit as food. Adam also took some and ate it, so by this misunderstanding Adam would have joined in a threesome with Satan and Eve. This view has in the past been used to promote racism as well, claiming that one race or another were descendents of Cain and therefor the Devil, making them an evil race that should be avoided, looked down upon and even murdered.

The most recent NIV translation tried to clear this misunderstanding up by making it clear that Cain was born out of the sexual relations between Adam and Eve.

Not only that, but Cain's descendents would have been wiped out by the flood during Noah's time, unless the bloodlines had intermingled again.



posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by vaelamin
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


All I can find is the symbols. This language is as mysterious as the lord. Also about your point on the serpent what if i run into a non believer and he asks me this question. Ive seen a few athiests ask the question of why the serpent got punished and i can never answer it. Then its followed by oh God is unjust blah blah blah.


Okay, sorry, that is a good reason. Okay, the Hebrew word is "Nachash" (sp?), and it originally meant "shining one". Because of the Genesis narrative Nachash came to mean a serpent. satan masquerades as an angel of light.


The Hebrew word rendered "serpent" in Gen. 3.1 is Nachash (from the root Nachash, to shine), and means a shining one. Hence, in Chaldee it means brass or copper, because of its shining. Hence also, the word nehushtan, a piece of brass, in 2 Kings 18.4.

In the same way Saraph, in Isaiah 6.2,6, means a burning one, and, because the serpents mentioned in Numbers 21 were burning, in the poison of their bite, they were called Saraphim, or Seraphs.


Serpent of Genesis 3.


For the Hebrew root meanings of those names:

Here.



Satan did not masquerade in the garden of Eden, he WAS a being of light. Evil iniquity was not present during creation. Only love & light came with the Elohim. Evil was created, take demons for example.

I'm not theologically liberal, but I think it is entirely possible that Eve was sexually seduced by the serpent. Let me find the material, and I'll elaborate further.
edit on 18-3-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo
 


And the plot thickens. I was wondering when you might show up. I knew with your knowledge that your opinion might differ from the rest. Im interested in seeing the info you will be showing.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin
 





And apparently according to the fellow alot of the bible was mistranslated very badly from the hebrew scripture?


Not according to the DSS, or the priestly scrolls priests wore about their necks biblical archeaologists found dating from Yiremiyahu's time (Prophet Jeremiah) amoung other artifacts.

That excuse has been played out and refuted by archeaology.



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by vaelamin
 





And apparently according to the fellow alot of the bible was mistranslated very badly from the hebrew scripture?


Not according to the DSS, or the priestly scrolls priests wore about their necks biblical archeaologists found dating from Yiremiyahu's time (Prophet Jeremiah) amoung other artifacts.

That excuse has been played out and refuted by archeaology.


And how many years do those silver inscribed amulets pre-date the Dead Sea scrolls?



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 





And how many years do those silver inscribed amulets pre-date the Dead Sea scrolls?


500 years, around the time of the babylonian exile, so apparently the people who originally compiled the books really did know hebrew/greek and weren't just talking out of their butts.



posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 





And how many years do those silver inscribed amulets pre-date the Dead Sea scrolls?


500 years, around the time of the babylonian exile, so apparently the people who originally compiled the books really did know hebrew/greek and weren't just talking out of their butts.


Do you know if that text that's on the silver amulets match what we see today in our Bibles, or is it drastically different?




posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 





Do you know if that text that's on the silver amulets match what we see today in our Bibles, or is it drastically different?



It's the same as what was copied down by christian monks, whose so called "copies" are what our bibles are made out of today and what our bibles translated into, which just happens to be the same as the DSS. All in ancient hebrew, which was translated into greek with the septuagint.

What people who scoff at biblical archeaology fail to recognize (which is largely due to colossal ignorance) is that biblical archeaologists study those ancient languages for many years which is how they are able to translate them.

Take a look at this, notice the evolution of languages, detailing that even english has evolved from paleo-hebrew. The languaes themselves are proof that some of the 10 tribes migrated west where their alphabets evolved into the modern dialects. Remember how suppsedly the bible had a "story" where everyone used to speak the same language? The story of Nimrod and the tower of Bab-El? The original language spoken before the language shifted to many languages very well could have been paleo/ancient hebrew.




evolution of language
edit on 22-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 



(which is largely due to colossal ignorance)


You see, I always thought it was wilfull ignorance... Or in layman's terms, "Stupid on purpose." And i know Adam and Eve spoke Paleo-Hebrew, they were both created fully adult, completely hardwired from Christ.



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by manna2
 



there are 2 lineages in Genesis, and Cain is not in Adams lineage.


Perhaps because the next name on that list isn't a son of Cain?


Adam had quite a few sons and daughters you know.


So you make things up to fill in the blanks instead of just following the word of God . Cain was the son of Satan , this is just one reference to the offspring of Satan. The parable of the wheat and tares , the tares were sown by Satan , the seed that was sown was Sperma as in prodigy , offspring . When Jesus told the Pharisee he was of the devil just before that on verse 8:41 the Pharisee said that they were not born of fornication , so they knew what Jesus spoke of .

If Adam and Eve had sinned with their mouths why did they cover their private parts with fig leaves and not their mouths ? Why were. They ashamed for being naked ? Use your head Satan seduced eve just like it said in genesis if you read it and not listen to what you were taught by the churches of man which are run by Satan for the most part.

1 John 3:11-12 KJV

Text11For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. 12Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.



TextKing James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok
 


Interesting. So lonewolf was wrong? Oh well i guess even if the bible is written by scholars doesnt mean they worship the lord. I wonder what tribe of people Satan got? The cannans?



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin
reply to post by Azadok
 


Interesting. So lonewolf was wrong? Oh well i guess even if the bible is written by scholars doesnt mean they worship the lord. I wonder what tribe of people Satan got? The cannans?



His. Son Cains offspring are known as Kenites meaning sons of Cain .



posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin
 


The Hebrew Bible clearly states that Eve begot a man with God (YHVH). (See Genesis 4:1) This clearly means that God blessed Eve with a son after procreating with Adam. This is what the text implies. It can have no other meaning.



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthEvolves
reply to post by vaelamin
 


The Hebrew Bible clearly states that Eve begot a man with God (YHVH). (See Genesis 4:1) This clearly means that God blessed Eve with a son after procreating with Adam. This is what the text implies. It can have no other meaning.


Or, she could be saying that the child she bore came from him in the essence that he is the Creator of all things, and the Creator of life. Remember that book was written by prophets and prophetic language is different than what regular people speak. This was prophecy speaking about the birth of his Son Yeshua into this world. God gave Moses the prophecies of the coming of the future Messiah and it is even encoded in the geneaology of names, from Adam to Yeshua there is a story written in the meanings of the names.



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


My sense is that Eve was giving thanks to God for the mystery of procreation. It is implied in the text, and in the ancient Middle Eastern concept that God is responsible for all things and transcends the cause-and-effect cycle.

Nothing more is suggested by the verse.



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthEvolves
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


My sense is that Eve was giving thanks to God for the mystery of procreation. It is implied in the text, and in the ancient Middle Eastern concept that God is responsible for all things and transcends the cause-and-effect cycle.

Nothing more is suggested by the verse.


Oh absolutely. It is written, "in him give thanks in all things". Unfortunately there are alot of people out there trying to make scripture say what they want instead of what is there, they add to it or take away from it which God has forbid.



posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


Well, I am not a theologian. I am only a Philosopher Troll who is most jolly and insensible. What I can say, however, is that there is no indication that Cain is the son of the serpent in the Hebrew text.

I do think that the Gnostics had some tradition about that. Remember, though, that the Gnostics did not like the Hebrew God and held some other views at odds with the Abrahamic tradition.



posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok
 



So you make things up to fill in the blanks instead of just following the word of God.


I have no idea what god you worship or follow, but Genesis says "Adam knew Eve" and she bore Cain.

"Knew" = boinked.



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join