It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"What I’ve learned pretending to be a man" (NOT BY ME)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I can't really give any links for reasons so instead here is a copy job. What do you people think of this?

So, I’ve been posing as a guy online for nearly twenty-four hours with positive results. I am competing against a pool of polyamorous-vegan-feminist-omegas, but it’s still a minor feat nonetheless. A few things I’ve learned:

- Men constantly have to be on. Not only were my initial messages to girls necessarily concise and witty with a healthy dose of denigration, but every succeeding message has to be interesting even if – as in most cases – the girl gives you a minimal level of conversational material to work with. It also has to be sensitive to her mood and the changing tone and course of the interaction. As my friend put it, the messaging process goes something like:

Probe –> Response –> Calibrate –> Flirt –> Calibrate –> Exchange numbers The hardest part is constantly having to be interesting lest you [censored] it up.

- Women are fickle. Even if a sequence of messages seems to be going really well, a woman will arbitrarily change her mind at any given point if you did not re-calibrate effectively, or her competing options are disqualifying you as a sexual candidate. This trait in particular made me really sympathetic to the hoops men have to jump through when acquiring a girl’s attention, even though most women have nothing to offer. -

-Women are boring and have very high estimations of themselves. I mean, I really should say “people” in this case, because having maintained a female profile on such a website, I can tell you that most men (at least online) don’t really know what they’re doing either. The difference is the self-evaluation. Most men undervalue themselves online and most women overvalue themselves. I understand this is a natural consequence of the sexual marketplace, but after you read the literally hundredth, carefully worded profile of a girl touting her intellectual strengths and esoteric pop culture references, it gets EXCRUCIATINGLY boring. The annoying part is that she thinks she’s being really unique with her taste in independent music + film, off-kilter or “quirky” sense of humour (god, that word gets abused) and how intelligent she is (knowledge accumulation is very different from stringing two abstract thoughts together to make an original one). Please don’t get me started on the contrived neuroticism. Made-up example of something an urban, hipster girl will say in her profile with her thick-framed glasses:

I tend to get lost in my own headspace a lot [focus on her self-absorbed, female emotional content]. Sometimes I ride the bus without a destination in mind. It makes me feel like a single cell in the mass organism of humanity. I’m studying sociology/gender studies/exchangeable liberal arts program and it’s intensely interesting. I’m contemplating going to grad school and getting increasingly useless degrees [remark that is simultaneously self-depreciating and attempting to be self-aware].

etc. etc. I can see how having to be in this frame of mind makes men cynical. I’ve heard men previously remark that they use male friends for intellectual stimulation and women for emotional companionship + sex, and now I understand the compartmentalization a little bit better. A high investment/low return interaction does make you perceive women as a monolithic category that don’t deserve much sincerity. I understand that is self-defeating to admit as a woman, but my male persona can’t help but experience it. While I think it’s important for men to develop charisma and personality, the fact that my profile (which indicates I’m a professional masturbator, who does drugs, seeks casual sex and lives with his parents) gets more attention than a relationship-seeking, professional who is being nice to girls, makes you wonder what [censored] up mechanism is responsible for this. Real message I just received: Your profile makes you seem charming. And halarious. [sp.] Case in point.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
PART: 2

- Girls are completely homogeneous and predictable. You don’t even need to read their stupid, carefully cultivated profiles to send them messages. Here is an average female self-summary I’m spontaneously composing, for example: I’m a really fun-loving and adventurous (arbitrary adjectives that bear little actual meaning). I’m a huge foodie, and I love to travel. Likes include rainy days, hand-knitted mittens and live music. I’m looking for someone intelligent, funny and down to earth (grossly generalized categories). It’s designed to project an image of quirkiness (and subsequent uniquenes) and low maintenance (girlfriend material).

- Never send sincere messages, at least initially. Women easily get half a dozen messages a day, some of which are casual, albeit insipid, one-liners and the other half of which are really overly thought out, contrived responses. If you are sending a large volume of messages to a girls, do not bother writing more than a few lines. Keep in mind, you don’t even need to read their profiles to do this! Just look at their pictures and extrapolate something light and funny. At that, make it something snarky to get their attention. (Note: you should be at least averagely attractive and balance it with enough wit and self-depreciation so that it generates a response.) You should also proportion the snarkiness to how hot they are and their response rate. Once they get back to you, feel free to lower the intensity. Every girl needs some measure of plausible deniability if she ends up wanting to meet up with you. Throw in the occasional dose of heartfelt sincerity.

- If all else fails, being a jerk works. I sent outright insulting messages that actually got decent feedback. For example, I modified Roosh’s tweet as an opener for girls with cropped haircuts: When I meet a girl who has short hair, I put a sympathetic look on my face and ask her if she recently had cancer. It couldn’t hurt.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I agree with you on everything you just wrote. That makes you one very smart woman.
Most women I know, prefer male friends. It's less demanding and more rewarding.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CriticalCK
I agree with you on everything you just wrote. That makes you one very smart woman.

I didn't write this. A lesbian on another site did.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Although this person pretending to be a man probably hasn't spent enough time in cyberspace to truly know what all other women are like, there is probably enough to her observation to warrant some thought.

First of all, why would this person go through such a strange ruse (complete with flirting and trying to get phone numbers)? I find that an odd use of time...but maybe this person has a lot of time on their hands. Perhaps this person is a closet lesbian...just putting that out there....Yes there are women out there online who are full of self-importance and have the intellect of a high school twirp, but the same is true of men online. If she put herself out there as a hedonistic, selfish playboy who still lives with his mama, that will attract a certain kind of woman. What did she expect? A bunch of genius women? I would call this a flawed experiment.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

hmm. AS I guy I don't know how to comment on this without getting hurt haha.

I'll just say that my girlfriend is behind me right now and agrees with this completely.

She only has a couple girl friends, she likes hanging out with the guys better.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Aye, the vapid spinelessness of Everywoman.

As a female, I agree with the assessment. I value the friendship/companionship of men over women because only an idiot would spend more than $500 on a pair of shoes that would actually slow down their escape from a threat. If I spend $500 on shoes, they will have a turbo-boost button.

Here's an excerpt from a real conversation I had with a new male neighbor:
him: You fish?
me: Yeah, love it.
him: Let's go fishing.

And off we went. Only another woman could understand that this type of speed-friendship only occurs in girls under the age of seven or in women in a state of duress.

I simply don't have the time, energy or interest in the female friendship application process, nor the trainwreck left in its stead when she actually thinks she can discuss me in a negative light behind my back and that I wouldn't have any idea what transpired. I'm so good at watching the phone ring while maniacally giggling.

As an aside, although not addressed in the OP, at least in my experience, it appears that women (in general) form or re-form their opinion on a matter once mine is voiced, which in a rush to judgement I determine they're of weak character.

Perhaps I'm wrong and I'm a jacka**, but I'm okay with that. I like fishing.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

I like to go fishing too... wearing my Louboutins and Gucci bag in tow
I, too, myself prefer the company of men rather than woman. With a man its easier to just get things done instead of waiting around throwing a hundred different ideas on what to do on a night out with woman.

Women can be too complex at times unfortunately. Interesting stuff that person came up with posing as a man..

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I've got news for her.

Pretending to be a man on the internet doesn't even truly compare to being a man in real life.

She'll never understand the huge amount of pressures we're under, period.

Men are under huge expectation from society to meet certain standards. We have to be tough under all circumstances and can never show any sign of weaknesses ever. Any sign of weakness is to be ridiculed and dismissed. We are very harshly judged if we do no meet these expectations and treated as though we're nothing if we do not meet them. We are not allowed to be ourselves. And of course we have to ignore any amount of pain we experience and have to sit there and take if someone gives us crap.

When she pretends to be a man in real life, then she can talk. Until then I can't take her seriously.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Posting on the internet is pretending to be a man??? hahahahahaha It's so much better than that, she needs to piss in the woods a couple times first. and get slapped a couple times for not remembering some random thing. Maybe she should be forced to do boring girl things.... oh wait... hmmm..

That is all very true
but I have always been a rebel. At first My stance of protecting the little guy and showing weakness and being nice, rather than cool didn't win me any battles. I was and am sensitive, but I am also strong and was trained to kill, haha ARMY..

I was an outcast, but a well known outcast at least. People knew what I was about, and they are now having to catch up, now that they see I already grew up a long time ago. I look at men who think they are strong as being actually weak because they can't actually communicate there emotions in constructive ways.

Everyone I meet in person likes me, I am usually that guy who wants the party to go all night, always the last one standing. I wasn't ever invited to one before I was a senior in highschool, and then it was one party... Last party I hosted was 300 people and when the cops showed up, I shook there hand and talked with em for 20 minutes and they left.

we made $400 in profit that night haha so illegal...

Moral of the Story,
stand up even when you never fit in, and you will become stronger than almost anyone else.

So basically I died and was reborn. But I am much better off for it.

I do like hanging out with certain girls, but they are usually the girls who only hang out with guys, so they basically complain with us guys about the other girls haha. My girlfriend is girly (make up and such) but manly (beer and basketball)

I am one lucky dude.

edit on 3/16/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I've often signed on to forums using a Masculine name - - presenting myself as a man.

You do get treated differently.

Everyone should try it - - at least once.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
reply to post by chasingbrahman

I like to go fishing too... wearing my Louboutins and Gucci bag in tow
I, too, myself prefer the company of men rather than woman. With a man its easier to just get things done instead of waiting around throwing a hundred different ideas on what to do on a night out with woman.

Women can be too complex at times unfortunately. Interesting stuff that person came up with posing as a man..

Love the Louboutins and Gucci bag in tow

I grew up with 2 brothers in an all boy neighborhood.

I had a harder time learning to be a girl. I found I did enjoy clothes - makeup - all the girly stuff - - - except other girls.

Men were attracted to me - - I was comfortable with men - - and boy were a lot of girls jealous.

As far as camping and the outdoors - - - - the men usually "whimped" first. I remember one time we were in small tents on the ground and it started snowing. I'm like "deal with it - this is nature" - - but NO! They (and their girlfriends) had us packed up in 30 min. Guess who ended up in the back of the pickup in a sleeping bag with the dogs. Wusses.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa

Originally posted by CriticalCK

I didn't write this. A lesbian on another site did.

So let's see, we have a man pretending to be a lesbian pretending to be a man in order to write a sympathetic article about men under the guise of womanhood. That's my take on what's happening as a conspiracy-researcher. Flase flags within false flags.

I have to hand it to you Alyssa, you are very good with coming up with entertaining and provcative topics about the whole relationship thing.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Louboutins??? no idea

Gucci bag haha yea I know that one..

So I'm like half manly?? false flags! aahhh.

edit on 3/16/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
So, this is basically a shameless bump to this topic, but to dress it up legitimately ... can you give us any other insights about what this person learned?

new topics

top topics

join