It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inter-Galactic Web?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I hope I've picked the right forum for this, MODS, please feel to move this to the appropriate forum if necessary.
Right, on to the matter at hand.....

I wonder if there is such a thing as an inter-galactic web/ internet? Just think if there was, how would one go about signing up to it, or decoding it? Obviously it would be available in wi-fi, and not fibre optic broadband (he, he)
What do you all think, would it be feasable or even theoretically possible? It is something thats been on my mind for a while now, it would be nice for all those techies' out there on ATS that think outside of the box to get involved and give me your thoughts and opinions on this matter, and yes, even the skeptics that like to ruin peoples fantasies for them would be welcome to get involved in this one, as I would love to hear arguements and evidence to the contrary as to why this would not be possible. So, what does everyone think then? Get posting people, amaze me with your fabulous insights, as I need a bit of a break from all those "UFO's spotted near the sun!" threads. How would you go about getting round the speed of light barrier when sending a wi-fi signal from alpha centauri or the andromeda galaxy then? Would quantum mechanics come in to play I wonder? Maybe its theoretically possible already, the studies may have already been done for it, and they are just waiting for the quantum computer to be invented so they can go online.... hmmmm... that would mean they would have to incorporate string/super string or m-theory in to it, to get around the 185, 000 m/p/s barrier as everything is linked in those theories and theoretically with these theories communication would be instant whatever the distance, maybe. Well, theres the first theory of mine for feasability to kickstart this thing off, lets get going then, full steam ahead!!
And just as an afterthought, what of an intergalactic social networking site, like facebook for example, just imagine adding friends from far of solar systems by the name of Glarblax gorffle-blatt or something crazy like that? And then the automated zoosk date match programme you can sign up to through facebook, e-mailing you matches for a xenomorph thats looking for no strings attached fun, likes going out, and romantic flights through the horsehead nebula?

PEACE!!

edit on 15-3-2012 by DARREN1976 because: spelling...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976

I believe there is however it is a mesh or unified consciousness all can tap into. Carl Jung touched on it in his research. I have researched it my self and know it to be real through remote viewing experiments I have done using sender receiver experiments with other researchers.
A purely subjective interface the software is developed through intention,attention and practice.

Telepathic suggestion and the bond between family utilities this field.

Research Dr Tillers university lectures to get what I have found is the most functional reference frame for physics theory on how it works. He and his team have many experiments which have been duplicated worldwide but largely ignored by the Orthodox mindset in general. At the end of the day the interface software will be developed by those interested in its applications and an open mind.

Best of luck in your research. I hope these sign posts assist you in your journey fellow traveler.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Shirak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Lol, loved the intergalactic dating site comment.

The first thing that comes to my mind is that we would need to be able to communicate with the network.

With WiFi, we created it and its protocols so we know how to go about that. If you want more info search for ieee 802.11 a/b/g/n

We would need hardware software to do so. By the way, what if they don't use hex or binary but something... alien

See currently our computers run in binary, 0's and 1's- these represents on/off states. with alien technology they could have an infinite number between on and off, or use something else all together.

I would love to go to spacebook and have lots of friends that way

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I love this idea! Intergalactic dating
. Maybe this is the way well have first contact, tapping into an intergalactic web, since we cant go too far yet..

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak

I believe there is however it is a mesh or unified consciousness all can tap into. Carl Jung touched on it in his research.

Interestng.... I never even thought of this, even though I know the concept of what you are saying, the akashic records come to mind, as in Edgar Cayce, now there was a true pioneer!

Best of luck in your research. I hope these sign posts assist you in your journey fellow traveler.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Shirak because: (no reason given)

Thank you so very much, you are most welcome my friend!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
Lol, loved the intergalactic dating site comment.

The first thing that comes to my mind is that we would need to be able to communicate with the network.

With WiFi, we created it and its protocols so we know how to go about that. If you want more info search for ieee 802.11 a/b/g/n

We would need hardware software to do so. By the way, what if they don't use hex or binary but something... alien

See currently our computers run in binary, 0's and 1's- these represents on/off states. with alien technology they could have an infinite number between on and off, or use something else all together.

I would love to go to spacebook and have lots of friends that way

Well, nobody knows for definate what kind of mathematics an advanced race would use, but a galactic federation of races would obviously use something generic and they did send out the message to the stars in binary thinking that may e those king of mathematics would be universally recognised, so maybe there is something in that after all, obiously for it to be generic and recognised by different races already signed up to it, it would have to be in the simplest form possible for all the races to be able to decode it, the problem is finding out how the signal is layered/embedded/encoded...

Maybe that SPACEBOOK concept would be one for me and you to monopolise if this ever came to pass eh? what do yo think? earn ourselves 10 billion space credits each?

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
I love this idea! Intergalactic dating
. Maybe this is the way well have first contact, tapping into an intergalactic web, since we cant go too far yet..

maybe it would become possible with quantum computers like i said, wouldnt that be mind blowing though, turning on the first quantum computer for the first time and within minutes it picks up this galactic web and gains first contact? it would be absolutely earth shatteringly unexpected wouldnt it?
edit on 15-3-2012 by DARREN1976 because: additions...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Something like that could change the world as we know it. Wonder if they have you tube videos speculating whether or not WE exist

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly

Something like that could change the world as we know it. Wonder if they have you tube videos speculating whether or not WE exist

LOL!!! And they would have ther own skeptics trying to explain us away as swamp gas bouncing of beetlegeuse, or weather ballons, or even rigel (chinese) lanterns!!! maybe they have their own version of david icke trying to sell his books by telling everyone that all their alien royal emporers are really simian (homonid) aliens from the 3rd dimension called earth in the sol region that eat their lizard young(eggs) as a sacrifice to their heathen god(the holy trinity) to stay immortal!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
You got it, once we get in, we'll be rich

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Very cool question.

How about a transmitter/receiver device that works on the principle of quantum entanglement so that all messages would be available to all devices at once. An individual would need a unique identifier (DNA?) to access their particular mailbox/message board. Although I wouldn’t want to think about the level of galactic spam that would be floating around.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Another way I was thinking of getting instant communication over vast distances is thus, when the electrons of the same particle are seperated they still interact with each other no matter the distance (I think thats the right way of explaining it) so I was wondering about putting one electron one side of a vast distance and it's partner electron on the other side of the vast distance and throwing the communiq'ue between the two, to get instant communication from one side of the galaxy to the other, maybe if there is a galaxy internet spanning the cosmos out there, waiting for us to tap into, then that could be the way they solve the distance/speed/time it takes issue...
Does that sound about right do you think?
edit on 16-3-2012 by DARREN1976 because: sticky keys, not typing the letters I press half the time....

new topics

top topics

join