It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World’s youngest grandmother is just 23-years-old

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Source

Rifca Stanescu gave birth when she was just 12 years old and two years ago her daughter Maria had a baby at the age of 11.

Now I used to work with a woman who was a grandmother at 32 years old and I thought was to young to be a grandmother. Now 23 is the new 32.

Needless to say this is a very, very, VERY young age to be a grandmother, most women in the US and other western nations are not even having children until they are closing in on 30 and beyond, let along being grandmothers.

I have to admit, I dont know much about the people and customs of Romania or other eastern Euro peoples, but I;m going to go out on a limb here and say that their norm is probably closer to the norm of thw western nations and this story is just an exception.

Maybe I'm wrong, although this statement also makes me wonder

She fled with her boyfriend because she was worried her father would force her to marry someone else in the village of Investi in Romania.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Indeed fairly uncommon in modern societies to be a grandmother at such a young age. Although before modern medicine I am fairly positive this wasn't all that uncommon due to life expectancy not being all that great. Longevity was in the luck of which section of the gene pool one derived from.

This story however...well...we can hope for happy endings I guess.

edit on 3/15/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Nice family

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Sorry, but that story is not at all uncommon and I have a hard time believing this is the "world's youngest." Several years ago I had contact with a 23 year old grandmother right here in Florida, and at the time it didn't surprise anyone that I worked with, they all had similar stories. If it can happen here in Florida, then surely it can happen in places with arranged marriages at age 11 and 12. I'm sure there are many, many 23 year old grandmothers in India and Pakistan and Saudi Arabia and Iraq and Iran, etc.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I'm actually not surprised to hear this, even if I wasnt aware of it at first, and after reading your input in other threads, I am positive that you are the member here that knows best on this topic.

Never the less, just too damn young if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Definitely too young, and very disgusting for it to happen in a "civilized" nation such as the US. No excuse for it, and I think it is just one more symptom of a collapsing culture. We can't sustain the mistakes we are making, and currently things in the poor and minority communities are collapsing, but it won't be long before it affects each and every one of us and the country comes tumbling down around us.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
*gulp*
I'm petrifide of becoming a grandfather at 35, there's been some funky looking guys with stupid hair hanging around my 13 year old daughter lately...

At least they can all go nightclubbing together I guess..?
edit on 15-3-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
*gulp*
I'm petrifide of becoming a grandfather at 35, there's been some funky looking guys with stupid hair hanging around my 13 year old daughter lately...

At least they can all go nightclubbing together I guess..?

Do you have a picture of yourself cleaning some game, or maybe some stupid looking scalps you could hang outside to make a point? At least have a tatted up, ex-con friend stop by on date night that even your daughter can't debunk, and sit on the porch sipping Shine and shooting shotguns at squirrels! Or, maybe slip a cop $100 to stop by off-duty and rough up some punks and take down their info.... just in case!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I knew a girl from Romania who described it as two different Worlds. You had the cities.. and you had the country. Education is horrible outside the cities and in the villages and remote camps and so on.. so this wouldn't be surprising to me. When I was in high school however I remember two girls a few grades lower (I believe they were 8th grade?) got pregnant.. they would have been 13-14ish. It definitely happens, and it happens all over the World. where ever stupid decisions can be made, they will be made.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

one phrase comes to mind

'Dont have a grandson with a dog collar'

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I knew a girl from Romania who described it as two different Worlds. You had the cities.. and you had the country. Education is horrible outside the cities and in the villages and remote camps and so on.. so this wouldn't be surprising to me. When I was in high school however I remember two girls a few grades lower (I believe they were 8th grade?) got pregnant.. they would have been 13-14ish. It definitely happens, and it happens all over the World. where ever stupid decisions can be made, they will be made.

My friend from Armenia says exactly the same thing! You have the educated city folks, where the education system surpasses even the US. Then you have the illiterate country folks. There is a very clear dividing line between the classes in the old Soviet states. The educated folks speak Russian in addition to their native language, while the country folks barely speak their native languages. Even here in the US when we run into someone speaking Russian, he can immediately tell by their dialect if they were privileged or not.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The world nr.1 : I am a Romanian myself, can say that being a grandmother at that age is not common in Romania at all. Actually we have serious issues with population aging while the average age for having the first child exceeds 30s. Actually only one in 8 families will have a child in Romania !

Now the world nr.2 - we talk about the gypsy communities. They do live organised on a tribal way , and yes they are millennia behind in regards to civilisation. Thanks to the EU legislation, their culture is protected and secure - culture that means stealing, making kids at early age then sending them at early age to beg for money all over Europe's largest cities. if any EU citizen would ever practice what the gipsies are allowed to do , we would be in prison in no time. By the way , the "earning potential" for a gipsy kind trough begging and stealing is believed to be around 150 000 euro (or 200 000 $). The more kids, the better you get. Then you can live in the rich side of the gypsy village:

edit on 15-3-2012 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

and Reply to GetreadyAlready

That vid was awesome! I'm a single dad with two girls... You have no idea the amount of fear that brings! *shudders*. Sadly, I dont have any of the above tools, but I've told my daughter if she ever gets a tattoo or piercing, I'm getting the exact same one and telling her friends she copied me
So far its worked! Luckily, they are both pretty smart kids, but I know the primal urges will get the better of them eventually....
Oh well, if all else fails I shall invent a laser guided fridge throwing slingshot, primed and ready to launch and sit it in the driveway.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It really astounds me; that governments don't mind getting all up in a woman's vaginal business...but the guys that are committing statutory rape go free and unpunished in most cases...they should strike statutory rape from the books and call it what it really is: child molestation. Even at age 18 most people could be considered functionally retarded; just ask any high school teacher.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkchemistry

they should strike statutory rape from the books and call it what it really is: child molestation.

You're undermining actual child molestation by comparing it to statutory rape...which is in some cases, sex between an 18 and 16-year-old and such.

Even at age 18 most people could be considered functionally retarded; just ask any high school teacher.

That has nothing to do with age, but all to do with culture.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Charmed707

It is child molestation, consensual or not does not make any difference. Anyone over 30 years old can tell you that an 18 year old barely knows how to wipe their ass when it comes to any thing. I am not trying to be funny or undermine anything, I am speaking from 39 years of experience and wisdom from living. 5 years older than the combined age of the 16 and an 18 year old put together you mention.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
The world nr.1 : I am a Romanian myself, can say that being a grandmother at that age is not common in Romania at all. Actually we have serious issues with population aging while the average age for having the first child exceeds 30s. Actually only one in 8 families will have a child in Romania !

Now the world nr.2 - we talk about the gypsy communities. They do live organised on a tribal way , and yes they are millennia behind in regards to civilisation. Thanks to the EU legislation, their culture is protected and secure - culture that means stealing, making kids at early age then sending them at early age to beg for money all over Europe's largest cities. if any EU citizen would ever practice what the gipsies are allowed to do , we would be in prison in no time. By the way , the "earning potential" for a gipsy kind trough begging and stealing is believed to be around 150 000 euro (or 200 000 $). The more kids, the better you get. Then you can live in the rich side of the gypsy village:

edit on 15-3-2012 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

We have a few gypsies where I live in California & last week a whole family & I mean kids, grandma & all robbed a Circle K in San Clemente. I see some on the bus, very young girls that look maybe 18 with 2-4 year old kids & STILL breast feeding

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkchemistry

Well maybe your brain has ossified, not all young people are ignorant. Some of us are quite intelligent, articulate, and well mannered, idiots have been a part of society since the beginning of time. It has nothing to do with age but intelligence.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkchemistry

It is child molestation

Post-pubescent teens are not children.

Anyone over 30 years old can tell you that an 18 year old barely knows how to wipe their ass when it comes to any thing.

Again- that has nothing to do with age and everything to do with a culture that does not value intelligence or maturity. There are many middle-aged 'adults' today that act like complete buffoons.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Tell me the same thing in 15 years, and I'll be happy to listen to it. I was there, I was a teenager at one time, I know how it was then, and I know how it is now. Culture has a lot to do with a person's moral compass; just because a sex tourist can go buy; as in own another human being, of any young age they want in Thailand, does that make it right?

Ignorance and being stupid can and does happen at any age. I am talking about wisdom gained by experience. People interested in teenagers are predators, wanting to use and manipulate them for sex period, a lot of that continues late into peoples 20's. I could go out any day of the week and pick up a girl aged 16 to 20 without any effort, at a point of experience; it becomes easy to see what makes people tick, and a person can manipulate them using the drives and motives these young people have...it's sad but true, and the inexperience and gullibility that young people have make them targets.

On the old show: To catch a predator; do you think any of those guys getting arrested had any good intentions?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join