It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers: "You (civilians/countrymen) Are Not Worth Fighting For!!!"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
And one more comment in addition to the one I made 1-2 pages ago.

Probably 95% of the people believe a military must be in place for defense. So this means left or right or center will support a budget for a military. But it's the details where you will get disagreement.

It's the details where skepticism and ignorance will prohibit a perfect agreement.

Remember, there're two people:
1) gives honor and respect to soldiers without question.
2) only gives honor and respect if they feel it's deserved.

And those in number 2 that don't give respect/honor are just uneducated and/or ignorant.
edit on 16-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Wrong. Those in number 2 are capable most likely of discernment, and critical thinking, signs OF education.

The fact you shine a dim light on those things and insinuate that blind devotion and unthinking is superior, is telling.

What profession a person is in is mostly irrelevant; its the merits of the person that need to be examined and judged. Your thinking would still have us all being a serfs to the british crown if everyone thought professions and positions intrinsically deserved respect and loyalty.
edit on 3/16/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Do UK soldiers not get paid? My marine buddy makes way more than I do, plus gets to live for free on top of it. Most his money goes into the bank.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Aaahhh, we come to the truth. You didnt get a handout? Nobody gonna pay for everything that you feel you "deserve". Maybe you shoulda kept some of that money that you earned while having no real expenses to speak of while the rest of us paid for housing, food and medical. Danger pay for even the National Guard that were/are over seas is no joke. Pretty good ching as my sister tells and I bet she got paid a shade less than you if you saw combat. My brother in law is an airborn ranger and he made more money than I did when i was earning about 30 bones an hour and pulling 80 hours a week. Sadly tho he managed to piss it all down his leg before he even made it back home. I fear that a few years of being under the Governments ward makes many of you unable to understand the value of money. Hopefully you at least have an excuse like him in that he has a family and a wife who is unwilling to do anything more than be a "army wife" and spend (she also has learned money is just handed out). Wont work, wont go back to school,hell, wont even be bothered to get a drivers license. Now Please allow me to bend over backwards and kiss my own ass for you. Why dont you get a piece of cardboard, write a sign and stand by the freeway to get your handouts. Sounds like you would fit right in with the rest of the societal drop outs. Peace Brother.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I wonder if mandatory 2 year service would solve some of the confusion?

My reasoning is that some people are just plain ignorant and lazy about this. They'll never learn what they need to in order to understand. By forcing them into service, you kick start them and they're better for it.

Several US presidents never served in the military yet they were commander-in-chiefs. Strange eh?

Why do we get lessons in math, history, science, language and so on, but not military lessons?
edit on 16-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I don't want you fighting for me and you are not.

Your fighting for the rich to get richer and stay rich.

I did not join the military because I did not want to be like you and think like you.

If there was a real threat or war within the homeland I would pick up arms and fight for myself.

In fact there is a real threat at this point and it's our own government and when the time comes I hope you will join the real patriots in defending our country from the internal attack that has been happening and join us in kicking those treasonous criminals out of our capitols and corporate offices!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

The beauty of the United States of America is that in times of need we are all soldiers. The second amendment says so.

Maybe Americans are tired of starving while overpaid and undereducated boys go play war in a place dubbed "the sandbox" by many that got there and considered the so called "war" a joke.

If you want respect, you give respect. Complaining because the government is going to cut your job will not get you any respect, especially here in the midst of actual veterans that served back when we faught real wars, not overinflated scurmishes against a less than worthy foe.

p.s. They faught real wars for a hell of a lot less money than you! Servicemen didn't make jack # for wages until at least the 80s.
edit on 16-3-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

I agree with you fully as long as you understand that Honor and Respect doesnt equate to a free ride from now on. We make our decisions and if we have respectable reasons and honorable intentions you will reap what you sow but you know life is tough all over and a chip on your shoulder buys no food unless it is a gold chip.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yes of course but nearly as much as our American brothers and sisters.. You will never get rich in the British army that is for sure!

In barracks troops do not live for free, but have to pay for food and accommodation that used to be subsidised but is no longer.. The pads (married soldiers) have to pay rent on their quarters too plus exorbitant charges if anything gets damaged..

The only time troops do not pay is on operations or on manoeuvres...

However still have to pay income tax, national insurance, council tax et al

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by regor77

Im not asking for people to pay for stuff for me.. Heaven forbid!!

But it does wind me up no end that a forces family who have to leave their married quarters cannot get on the council waiting lists for homes (that we would pay for and not claim benefits) yet someone who has been in the country for five minutes get housing straight away...

edit on 16-3-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Well that sucks balls, I hope they aren't charging you like 3 grand a month like I had to pay for an APT back in NY

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I just like to shoot things, stalking around for hours on end in conditions you might find uncomfortable (to say the least)...something about the feeling of a smooth recoil...it is a calling you are correct...

regarding the rest, I would protect liberal rights, conservative...almost any freedoms written in the Constitution...I would not support shooting Bald Eagles or defacing the Greatest flag on Earth -> the US Flag...there I draw the line...

Stay out of my sights please...

Sniper

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

"A soldier with a voice"

Me too

However we do not get heard

Our married quarters are being taken from us.. A lot are in squalid conditions.. There are troops starving in the barracks because food is not subsidised anymore.. When you leave you are left for dead by your country who supposedly has a covenant with its servicemen/women..

The country broke its covenant with us first..

The only honour in serving is being with the guys we serve with.. I used to be proud of serving my country, and would have died for it...

I do feel bad for you, but man you choose to join. No one put a gun to your head. Did you even know what you were getting yourself into? I mean the world has been at war for decades. I even attempted to join but was held back in MEPS because of something that happened in my past. That's what I'm grateful for because if I hadn't been I'd probably be another dead body laying in a country where no one cares about me.

Me personally will NOT defend my country. The reason is because it's not mine anymore. This WORLD belongs to the rich elite and we are nothing more then slaves to keep the machine running. It sucks that you are in a real rut. I couldn't even imagine it. I HATE government and will ONLY stand beside my brothers and sisters as you yourself said.

See we are not that much different. I wish you would of had the same set back as me so that you were never able to join. I'm sure now you know what it's about.

Knowing what you know now... would you still make the same decisions and join?

Good luck man...

BTW we all get herd... and we all get ignored...

We are ALL in this together...
edit on 16-3-2012 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

Thanks for your post

I echo everything you said

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
People, the OP seems to be located in the UK and demanding direct democracy now. If you are in the US his opinion is even less important than his attitude. I personally think he sounds more like a guy who misbehaved and got sent to the military as a last resort.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
You are not....

Why the hell should any of us put our lives on the line for any of you??..

You pay our wages??

Do you think that we become soldiers to "Get Paid"???

You can stick your taxes where the sun does not shine!

Soldiering is a calling... If you are forced into it by conscription then that does not count..

In the west we are volunteers...

That may sound strange but an integral part of humanity has always had its soldiers..

Why??

Because it is a profession as much as becoming a carpenter, lawyer or doctor...

We are not brainless morons... Imagine having to get 28 guys from a to b without being seen or heard, using the ground to its best advantage, with one foot on the ground that covers the moves.. Then the reaction to effective enemy fire, locating the enemy, the assault; which is done out of sight of the enemy with the ground being used to best advantage..

Learning the weapons systems, navigation (not sat nav) using a map and compass.. Advanced first aid.. Advanced tactics.. language skills.. Survival in any conditions... Local customs and laws.. The list is endless.

My government always goes on about "the military covenant"

Which supposed to look after housing et al after service.. We get none of that.. And am just left for dead by our own country.. Same for the wounded.. Infact foreigners take priority..

Nobody fights for us... Why should we fight for you??

That is the consensus amongst the troops..

Basically..

##SNIP##

We will look after you when you look after us...

It has been a long time coming...

And I for one agree..

edit on Thu Mar 15 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

So, basically, you want to kill people for fun? If not to protect the people of the nation of whichever branch of military you serve? Sorry, not serve. Whichever branch of military you think is the most fun. I agree, soldier'ing shouldn't be taken lightly AND it does seem "fun" to do those soldier things; run through the mud, crawling on your belly, shooting running body like objects, etc but the fact you don't think the common person worth defending, NOR the constitution, is frightening. Wish you luck

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
To be fair, I never really asked for you to fight for me in the first place. Thank you?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Do the job your paid to do and stop complaining. go kill some more civilians and then go home to a heroes welcome to the brainwashed masses. Your not fighting for us! your fighting for the select few who decide who and when we go to war with and take mosty the dregs of society that find themselves with no other credible career option but to join the army. Those that know better are psychopaths that feel no remorse in killing in a false war for false beleifes and relish the killing and torture.

I will start supporting you when you are actualy fighting for a just cause and not over oil and if you are too stuid to beleive otherwise then your exactly in the right place you should be...on the front line taking fire.

You are an extremely hostile invading force... nothing more... go kill a bunch of innocent people for God and country lol!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

NP man... we are all confused and scared at what is to come and why we are even having to go through this. It seems like too many get greedy and forget about what really matters in life. That's why I get a small smile on my face when I see movie actors and celebs protest. They are rich, but even they are sick of it... maybe for different reasons, but they are still sick of the abuse by the american government. As I can see the UK is no different according to your post (and others), though I do not follow a lot of their affairs.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I'm going to have to take issue with you here Woodward. Are you in Doncaster or something? I'm in the UK and there isn't ANYONE that I know fairly well that supports the troops. Yeah, I have loose acquaintance with people that do and I overhear people that talk of their support and I know of one or two people that have that car (bumper) sticker, but I also come into contact with lots of people through work (many in fact- I work in local council/social housing maintenance-so I meet the tenants as well as the other tradesmen) and have had the puke inducing privilege of encountering individuals that openly support the troops that also think that the killing of "foreign" children is funny. Strange that the few people I know of are also your Daily Mail/Star reading Sky sport/soap watching morons.

Weird choice of career in my mind to sign up to have the potential opportunity to kill another human, or in some cases, random animals, and at the behest of a controlling elite that see you as cannon fodder.
Sure, defend the country - when it needs defending. No need to take part in false wars and wars of conquest and wars for profit.
edit on 16-3-2012 by barmyfluid because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

We will look after you when you look after us...
We can look after ourselves just fine thanks......

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join