It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers: "You (civilians/countrymen) Are Not Worth Fighting For!!!"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Only one thing goes through my head as I read this thread.....

Does anyone really want to debate weather or not the Military would fire on the Population if they were ordered to do so?

It's only a matter of time now. If you can't see the writing on the wall, than you don't know how to read.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This post seems trollish and intentionally provoking to me and as a matter of fact, your opinion in no way reflects on or influences the thousands of young men and women currently serving this country today.

If you're not trolling then thanks for your service to date and leave the military at your first chance.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I commend you for stating that. I was born and raised military and am still military. When some people join it is for the money others want to help people and countries that can not help themselves or are in need of support. Sometimes the TPTB's agenda gets in the way.

There is no job that does not have pros and cons this one just seems to have some pretty bad cons. What about the doctors or the research technicians who choose to take lives based on medical priority? Or the social worker that sends a child home to a family where abuse is evident? While to some it may not seem the same but if you have watched or dealt with any of those situations first had it is pretty close if not par.

The ignorance of individuals or groups that assume each person in the military is out for blood and carnage or agrees with what is being done amazes me. You(people) intend to tell me that every decision you make is 100% what you want to do with no questions or quilt involved?

While some of you pump your gas and enjoy your imported products remember it is the military that helps make that possible because I am sure without someone guarding the waters there would be a lot less product coming through.

If your not willing to stand behind our soldiers please feel free to stand in front of them. And no your freedom wasn't free. And yes there are still quite a few good "men" left to fight the true good fight, just sometimes you have to wade through the poo to get things done.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
While I have tremendous respect for those who have served...I never asked you to fight for me...

I never wanted to send them to these wars but in this country that doesn't matter. In fact what I find so incredibly ironic is the fact you are supporting a government and fighting for a government that will send you to war regardless of what the people you directing your anger at think...so your anger is misplaced.
You are supporting your own abuse...by fighting for the government that uses you all like tools...
edit on 16-3-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Stop fighting. Stop doing the bidding of TPTB. You are not fighting for me; you are fighting a resource war for international bankers and multinational corporations. Stop fighting THEIR war, before they get you killed or maimed. If this really is consensus, get your fellow soldiers together and walk away from everything. The master you serve is squeezing the life out of your family and loved ones here in the States in the name of Democracy and in the name of defending something that they are fundamentally opposed to in the first place. Stop transporting opium; stop confiscating gold, silver, oil, diamonds and coal....
In the days to come, you will be asked to bring your special talents to the homeland to be used against me, your wives, your parents, your neighbors… quit before you are forced to comply. Make a choice. Make it quick.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ALostAlien

You're trying to get a rise out of me, aren't you?

I must inform you that it's not working. I fart in your general direction and request that you suck it in.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I have just as much respect for the nurses, the care workers, the social workers, firemen and policemen doing work on the front line with some of the most vulnerable or difficult people in the country. People who's calling it is to help others and care for them. I don't like the way we have put Soldiers on a special pedestal There are lots of people who work away in the back ground who never get any recognition, yet without which our country would fall to pieces

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
I don't believe it. This country has supported our military more than any other time since WWII. Veterans are honored by their communities. Of course there are jerks who hate all soldiers but overall they are respected and honored. If this truly was a soldier's response, he doesn't belong in the military but I still don't believe it.

I agree entirely. This soldier may feel betrayed by us "sheep" for becoming anti-war. However, anti-war DOES NOT mean anti-soldier. I fully support the troops. They have essentially become mercenaries for the colonial elite west to get it's way. I think many soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines realize that and they as well are tired of all this war mongering.

Don't ever think that because the American population is increasingly hesitant to send our sons and daughters abroad to fight for oil, resources, and the continued hegemony of the west, that we don't support the troops and have their backs. #, instead of all the tax breaks for the rich, why not use just 5 % of that money and completely upgrade the Veterans Administration. And there in lies the people the troops should be pissed at. The ruling elite class that sends them to war but won't pay for the basic necessities like healthcare and mental health when they come back!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

There are far more people that support the military than those that do not. You never see that on the agenda driven media outlets.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
What an idiot. We, "the people", never asked anyone to go sign their lives away. Most of the people that are in the military go because they need or want money for school. Not to mention all the benefits with credit. The exception are the leathernecks that are bread to kill and are born into it too blind to see they are nothing more than the rich man's thugs. Those that do find out what is really going on are out there protesting in congress, not typing away on a conspiracy site.

If you wanna get mad at someone then take a look in the mirror because we are not the one's who makes your decisions in life so buck up and learn to take some responsibility for your own actions.

If and when the fight comes to my shores you will not be anywhere around fighting for me. You will be either dead or engaged in defending yourself so don't come blowing smoke up my butt because of your after military problems. We have problems on our own because while you are out there fighting to stay alive, we are right here fighting for our freedoms that are being striped away day by day.

You are a solder with a gun... we are solders with a voice... we both have weapons... the difference is ours does not kill innocent people...

I'm done here...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
1) It's too bad soldiers these days are irrelevant anyway, with unmanned technologies and other new wartime things, the basic soldier is endangered as a species.

2) I don;t want soldiers like YOU to fight for people like ME anyway, because YOU are probably nothing more than a signal corps guy or some other useless profession that doesnt involve front line action, even though you talk like an operator, chances are you are not one.

3) It's nice to know how many of you have made your choice, good to know that when the revolution starts, I can feel guiltless about putting you in a hole right next to your officers and compatriots. Just know, there are millions of us who are trained just like you, who are waiting for that time when you have to make the choice, fight us, or fight for us, and if you choose to fight us, you;re just as dead as anyone else choosing the same.

Any soldier who agrees with him is in the same boat with me, and countless others like me. One thing I know for sure, I never as a soldier needed civilians to care about me. You are sworn to defend this country and its constitution, by saying you wont fight for us, you are saying you wont fight for this country or its constitution, therefore going back on your word, an solemn OATH you swore to Keep us safe. But instead of doing that you buy into the anger and the hate that they program into you, so that it wont be a problem for you to kill us. And that makes you, and your superiors and think-alikes a bunch of fuggin COWARDS.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

then lay down your arms. if you fight you fight not for the common good. you only further the agenda of the exact people who oppress you. i respect the military, but in a country such as the US i only respect because i pity. i pity the narrow mindedness of following orders cause it's your "profession". without the soldiers the global tyranny would cease.

so basically

F off, right back at ya homie.

let the flames commence.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
The OP's loyalty isn't to the British people.

Instead his loyalty is to Queen Elisabeth, her heirs and successors, as embodied in the oath that soldiers take when joining up.

So the OP's contempt for the English public is hardly surprising.

I say surprising. What's genuinely surprising is that the OP's served in uniform in any capacity whatever. I assume that's what he means ? That he's a serving soldier ?

Sorry to have to mention this, but he's a self confessed drunk in most of his other contributions. And a Daily Mail reader to boot (what squaddie in the British Army reads that crap ?)

This one

Oh yes, my loyalty is to the guys next to me, not the fricken queen, nor government, nor you

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rabbit806

I am infantry..

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

You are not worth me flaming for

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
You are not....

Why the hell should any of us put our lives on the line for any of you??..

You pay our wages??

Do you think that we become soldiers to "Get Paid"???

You can stick your taxes where the sun does not shine!

Soldiering is a calling... If you are forced into it by conscription then that does not count..

In the west we are volunteers...

That may sound strange but an integral part of humanity has always had its soldiers..

Why??

Because it is a profession as much as becoming a carpenter, lawyer or doctor...

We are not brainless morons... Imagine having to get 28 guys from a to b without being seen or heard, using the ground to its best advantage, with one foot on the ground that covers the moves.. Then the reaction to effective enemy fire, locating the enemy, the assault; which is done out of sight of the enemy with the ground being used to best advantage..

Learning the weapons systems, navigation (not sat nav) using a map and compass.. Advanced first aid.. Advanced tactics.. language skills.. Survival in any conditions... Local customs and laws.. The list is endless.

My government always goes on about "the military covenant"

Which supposed to look after housing et al after service.. We get none of that.. And am just left for dead by our own country.. Same for the wounded.. Infact foreigners take priority..

Nobody fights for us... Why should we fight for you??

That is the consensus amongst the troops..

Basically..

##SNIP##

We will look after you when you look after us...

It has been a long time coming...

And I for one agree..

edit on Thu Mar 15 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

There is a reason people dont respect the military much anymore. Considering you are NOT fighting for the civilians, but fighting for the global power brokers in their games that use all you "volunteers" as pawns to be moved around... your rant is misguided.

Retire, and come home. Form a militia or something if being a soldier is a calling. Actually protect the US and its people, instead of helping it try to conquer the world. Youd get so much more respect, I dont think that you could even imagine.
edit on 3/16/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by godWhisperer
seems like an awfully big generalization- i sure as hell do not want you to fight for me. i did not ask you to fight for me and if i had a say you would not be fighting at all.

it seems the military is fighting for the benefit of the ruling class more than anything else, and to throw everybody under the bus because you feel unappreciated by this heartless ruling class then it would seem you are attributing blame to the wrong people.

Exactly. The TPTB does a great job in making their slaves proud of what they are. They do not even have to force, people voluntarily join the army in thoughts of saving their homeland but what they end up doing is participating in massacre solely for the profit of TPTB. Sure they keep giving you the so called "respect", honor, medals and blah for being a good sheep. Do you even realize how many terrorists are born out of this hate and chaos when they see their sons and brothers and sisters getting killed by some army for no damn reason?

I do not want to bash anyone in military as most of them join it with good intentions but please stop for a moment and see what you are doing. Please see how you are getting used by those elites sitting in air conditioned bunkers giving you orders to bomb.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
(feel the need to make one last post in this thread)

Probably 95% of the people believe a military must be in place for defense. So this means left or right or center will support a budget for a military. But it's the details where you will get disagreement.

It's the details where skepticism and ignorance will prohibit a perfect agreement.

Remember, there're two people:
1) gives honor and respect to soldiers without question.
2) only gives honor and respect if they feel it's deserved.

And those in number 2 that don't give respect/honor are just uneducated and/or ignorant. If they read about world affairs an hour or two a day for a period of time a lot of good would come from it. These wars we've been fighting in the past 40 years are complicated. And they'll only get more complicated as time goes on. The world will not get simpler. So don't expect people to give any more or less respect/honor than they do today. Just try to have more patience for stupid people. Tell em to get educated.

Again, I post this for people who think it's political (it's not, it's knowledge):

edit on 16-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I just want to say that military life is one of un sung heroes. They are warriors. Warriors need not praise to be who they are. Warriors need not victory to be who they are. Even in defeat they are still warriors. I respect that. The second you put on that uniform for more than the fact that you are a warrior, you become something else.

You can realize you are warrior for many reasons. Usually it is done out of love for your people or your country.
Sometimes it can become evident through feelings of intense rage or hate for what an enemy has done.

Always, it is because you are already a warrior and you chose your war. We all chose our battles but a warrior chooses those he cannot truthfully avoid. He will fight his enemy no matter what. Not because he makes him his enemy, but rather because his enemy chose to fight him.

There is a difference between a job and a calling. Some callings are neither worthless or noble. A warrior will always be a warrior no matter the war or peace he lives in. Weather he chooses the war or not depends on him.

A warriors quest is honor. You cannot make a job out of honor. Your job may be honorable, but it is so in the way you carry it out.

I thank my countries warriors for answering the calling I could not in good faith answer. I do not judge you, I understand why you are there. I just have not made that war my own.

To people joining the military because it has career opportunities, please leave. You will only become the worthless mercenaries of the future, or unfulfilled soldiers.

Military life has no real perks besides living with honor and seeing the real connection between people willing to die for each other. That should be enough, or you are just in the wrong business. It is a job at that point and you have missed your true calling.

Either you are a warrior or not. There is no grey area here. I thank my nations warriors for their sacrifice, I look down at those that make a job out of killing people.

There is a difference. One serves with honor and lives the life of a true patriot while the other bitches about his paycheck and thinks to civilian employment of his skills.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

"A soldier with a voice"

Me too

However we do not get heard

Our married quarters are being taken from us.. A lot are in squalid conditions.. There are troops starving in the barracks because food is not subsidised anymore.. When you leave you are left for dead by your country who supposedly has a covenant with its servicemen/women..

The country broke its covenant with us first..

The only honour in serving is being with the guys we serve with.. I used to be proud of serving my country, and would have died for it...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join