It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers: "You (civilians/countrymen) Are Not Worth Fighting For!!!"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Exactly my thoughts as I read through these posts.

It is interesting how previous posts regarding local law enforcement and how they are becoming enforcers for a militaristic society. Those same posts said the true soldiers in our armed forces would never turn on our own countrymen. They said that our armed forces are here to uphold and protect this great country and all opinions of every individual in this country. It is our men and women of the armed forces that let us keep these freedoms.

A post like this is the antithesis of America itself. A 'soldier' saying the country they are fighting for isn't 'worth' it. Civilians saying 'we didn't ask you to do this' and 'you only took this job because you have no other skills' and are, essentially, worthless.

Really?

The reason we do have a country like this is because our fellow Americans are willing to give up so much so the rest of us can live a life of freedom. While our government isn't perfect, far from it in my opinion, I at least have the freedom to say I disagree with our leaders. It is because of the great men and women of the armed forces and their personal sacrifices that we keep these freedoms.

And to the men and women of the armed forces, while not everyone agrees, or even likes what you do, a greater majority do. As citizens of this country we do not fear what so many others do because of you. Perhaps it is that lack of fear that makes some so outspoken, but the reason they do not fear is directly because of you.

Please do not let a thread like this divide who we are as a nation, as a people and as individuals. America is free and strong because of our service men and women. And I for one would like like to offer you a sincere thank you.
edit on 16-3-2012 by ObservingTheWorld because: Clarification

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

OKAYYY....well if the proverbial SHTF at least we know what side of the fence some of you will be on. Thanks for the heads up.
As someone else said....way to generalize us sad little sheep who know nothing. I guess it is a good thing that some of us worthless dumb sheep don't generalize our soldiers, otherwise someone might mistake you for an enemy of the state...geez nice to know you speak for all of your fellow soldier as well.

edit on 3/16/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I for one am offended by this persons post for a number of reasons. The first being that this idiot claims to be speaking for the whole force when they clearly have not seen combat. I say that because anyone who can go to combat and not come out with a stronger understanding that we serve out of admiration and appreciation for one-another (Soldiers),and not because of our political ideologies, is a liability in future combat operations. So, I suppose the rest of us in uniform are better off if he takes his off.

I am in my uniform because it is an honor to serve with the other men and women who wear it. Some of us put it on because we had nowhere else to go. Some of is couldn't afford college. Whatever! Its on now and I know you will die for me and I, for you.

America is not perfect but the idea it pursues; is! We will probably never get it right. Not so long as human nature possesses greed and selfishness. Hmmm... Selfishness... sounds like this guy has expressed the exact same trait that causes this country to lose sight of the American idea for the future, from time to time.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You are putting your life on the line because your put your name on the dotted line, end of story. Volunteer - does this mean anything to you? You were not aware that the military might send you to wherever they felt would boost their self interests? And that some of those wars might be considered "unjust" to the U.S. or the world? Blame yourself for your lack of foresight, don't rant at civilians, many who don't want the U.S. in the middle east at all. What exactly do you expect your regular farmer / fireman / school teacher / plumber / IT tech to do? What would qualify them for non-cowardice?

Add to that, that you knowingly and willingly joined the branch of military MOST likely to be in harms way. What has your average citizen done to suddenly merit such hate and anger from you? Also, it's a laughable joke that you say all serving are doing it for deep, personal, honorable reasons for their country. Please. I served many years - many.. MANY serve because they have no other plans / money / it sounds cool / they like weapons. I've spent enough nights with jarheads (whom I deemed as friends.. I was in the Army), and 11Bs to know the mindset of many of them. You are spouting gibberish when you speak of them like it was a deep-seated commitment to protecting our countries freedoms that caused them to join. Ridiculous. Not that I don't fully respect them, and the danger they place themselves in to do their jobs, but get some perspective - you are speaking folly, and you know it.

I hope if you really are a serviceman, that a superior sees these rants - you are not fit to hold a weapon at the moment. You need deprogramming sooner rather than later.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

LOL! Dont complain about "putting your life on the line" when thats what you volenteered to do.
You cant even fight for our freedom when your occupying another country that hasnt even done anything to us...
Its only fighting for our freedom if enemy troops are on our soil. And then I will take care of myself.
Stop feeling all high and mighty just because you get to go around and kill people for a living.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

As a veteran from a family of career military as well as some in for minimum tours I partially agree with your views. One guy that replied said people join our military because of unemployment. That is true - for some of them. IF I was president/ Congress I would trim down a lot of the non-combat people; I would keep our SOCOM (Special Ops ) teams fully active;
But, just by implementing our 'existing' militia statutes (Tile 10, U.S. Code Sec 311 a, and b ) our country would 'save billions of dollars. A Citizen army is what we need to keep as back-up, not military reserves.

A small book any of you may wish to read is "On Power and Ideology" by Noam Chomsky. Another, back in 1968 or so was a paperback titled "The War Business."
War today is about MONEY. Defense industry money; bribing Generals for contracts, and bank 'loans' to fund it, and the Lobbysists and 'donations (a.k.a Bribery) to Congressmen and Senators. ***As Eisenhower said - "Beware the military, industrial complex."
This topic would takes a book to fully address, but my ets was about 45 years ago. I would not serve today, given the myriad of unconstitutional 'conflicts' we have going; yes, same as VietNam. Conflicts, no declaration of war. This is a sad state of affairs.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Don't worry my fellow soldier, one day they will beg you to save them and their children. They can talk all the smack they want, but in the end when they are running for their lives, it's you who they will seek.

link   
Here is some commentary on the action of fighting the Battle of Armageddon and fighting kinsmen, which Arjuna clearly does not want to do(in your case it seems it is defending your kinsmen you have trouble with)

Yajna: Sacrifice as Altruism & the Regard for Others
The wise learn to control the gunas’ five senses with the mind and practice non-attachment. Krishna tells Arjuna that Yajna, meaning sacrifice, is the only act that does not bind us in the hologram (III.9-10). The Indian scholar, Krishna Chaitanya/KK Nair, interprets Yajna as altruism, meaning the regard for others that produces acts of selfless sacrifice, no matter how small, which are ‘free from narrowly personal attachment’ and carry no desire for reward or recognition (The Betrayal of Krishna). I like this understanding of the word Yajna - and in any case, it is certainly more applicable in our own times.

There is in Hinduism the subtle, enlightening, and intriguing thought that this universe is itself God’s Sacrifice. Everything is God, and God permeates All, therefore we are in effect breathing, eating, and standing on God. The universe is holographic and there is no thing that is not God. Through the wonderfully illusive power of Maya, the Creator has transformed Its Oneness into Multiplicity in what must be the ultimate supernal altruism.

Krishna Chaitanya/KK Nair carries this ideal of sacrifice as altruism further by translating Krishna’s words (III.11-12) to mean that altruistic behavior to both deity and our fellow human beings will bring us the highest welfare (sreyas; also means bliss and happiness). We do however have the freedom to deny this ideal way of living, which Krishna plainly states will bring us the greatest happiness, and we may choose to behave selfishly. But if we make the choice to act altruistically in partnership with God, not only will we benefit, but the entire world will also share in the higher consciousness we Become.

www.metaphysicalmusing.com...

Here is the same story from the perspective of an atheist who analyses things a bit differently, but food for thought as he still comments on whether it really matters whether we kill our kindsmen or not. In the end, all is the manifestation of God, so it matters not who we kill but only that we do our duty to serve.

home.vicnet.net.au...

link   
OP if it were up to me, any one that served would get housing, education, medical as needed,ie mental and physical for free, US or UK/ NATO troops who have served on the US behalf sadly this is not the case to many come home with wounds, and get no help nor relief, if fight you still have to pay rent, education, tax, med,and for med's. This is is not right nor just, but it is the way it is the policy makers are partly to blame the VA is what is is, it too needs changing. The motto of" it is not of us to question why, but to do or die." should be in all minds before joining/ signing up for service, not all are meant for service, you think you are till you see up close and personal, even then some lose it, the lucky ones do not sense it, or have earned the highest honer, a spot in Arlington, for they suffer no more.

link   

Originally posted by fleabit
You were not aware that the military might send you to wherever they felt would boost their self interests?

I think the point is missed. The military in itself, in my opinion, does not care about self interests, it does not exactly fall into their mission statement as their purpose for existence.

It is the corruption in Washington that sends the men and women into harms way. When I served, I had senior personnel tell me from time to time, off the record of course what we were doing is BS. The problem is the pharma companies, the global banks, etc etc that has the self interests and are using our brothers and sisters as tools in their endgame. Hence, the military industrial complex.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Nice troll post. If you don't want to work for the people, then you are already in the right job working for the big corporations. You say soldiering is a calling, I think you mean killing...

An honorable soldier should be willing to protect the weak and dumb, or better yet, free them from captivity.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is a moronic post. Since the 90's, virtually everyone who joins the military does so as a career choice and for advancement opportunity. You do it because you want to and your job is no more noble than the paramedics who rescue people, the police officers who keep the crazies under control, or the carpenters who build the homes we live in.

The odds of dying in the military, at least for my country, are LESS than the odds of dying as a civilian, for the past 20 years. So pull your head out of your arse. Thanks.
edit on 16-3-2012 by donkeystyle because: (no reason given)

The guys who work oil rigs have a more dangerous job than a soldier. You don't see them getting honored.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Nobody forced you to join up.

The people feel just the same.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Because it is a profession as much as becoming a carpenter, lawyer or doctor...
We are not brainless morons...

Ohhhhh yes you are.

If you are fighting a war that doesn't defend american soil or citizens and are fighting because big brother government tells you to, then I'm sorry but yes, you are brainless. Fighting should not be condoned anywhere except in the case of defense.

Also, which of those professions you listed requires you to risk your life? none? oh thats weird, then how is being a soldier like them? Oh? its not?

edit on 16-3-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

THE WORTHLESS #ING SHEEP WILL DIE

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Whatever this thread is I wouldn't take it to heart, who ever wrote this is clearly selfish and self absorbed. I was in the USN and never did anyone ever attack the tax payer, the countrymen, the US citizens. They're the reason we have a military and they're the people the military is protecting (in a perfect world).

I despise the currently military complex the America is but I do not despise the military nor do the military despise the US citizens. Aim your anger towards Washington DC and its counterparts.

Carry on.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALostAlien
reply to post by The Sword

THE WORTHLESS #ING SHEEP WILL DIE

And this post gets my vote for worthless post of 2012 so far.
Way to prove you are a complete and udder uselessness to the Gene pool.
edit on 3/16/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think are soldier's should all go on strike ..
they deserve to be heard , and hold tptb accountable for their tryanny

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I think the whole problem is that there're two people:
1) respects soldiers and honors them without questioning it.
2) only gives respect and honor if they feel it's deserved.

There're a lot of number 1's and a lot of number 2's.

Number 1's can be safely ignored in this post. It's the number 2's I am going to address.

So why do the number 2's feel like soldier's do not deserve their respect and honor?

Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Odyssey Dawn and Operation Desert Storm and Operation Enduring Freedom were all fought on foreign shores. None of those countries directly attacked the US like Japan did in WW2. They may have been involved in some proxy wars that threatened US assets, but none of these examples are clear enough to be obvious. This creates a lot of confusion. People have a tough time understanding world affairs. These wars are more complicated and on a global scale. Only when these people get educated will they give you the respect and honor you deserve. So please don't blame them. Tell them to learn about the world and get back to you later once they have a handle on things.

Military affairs are not simple. There're a lot of laymen who're hopeless.

I don't see this situation getting any better. The world will get more complex, not simpler.

It's not a republican or democrat thing, generally. Watch this:
If you go back and review Gore/Clinton, you see they cross-examined Saddam on a level similar to GWB. They also concluded that Saddam was a threat to world peace and security.

Democrats and Republicans hate each other too much to admit they agree on some things.

It's deeper than politics. Some people just have a lot more skepticism and ignorance than others on world affairs and, specifically, military operations and their purpose. It requires a lot of time to convince them. Maybe this is nature's way of ensuring that nothing happens without excessive amounts of convincing. But I think it's just laziness. All it takes is a person to read an hour or two a day about the world.
edit on 16-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think this whole thread was started to stir up #$@! that didnt need to be.

This thread looks/feels like WW2 propaganda.

Anything to get a reaction.

Its like throwing a bannana in between two starving monkeys.

Just- stop.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join