It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if nothing happens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I won't enter my personal beliefs concerning what will happen this year but I have a few questions. I will say that if the catalyst isn't introduced within the next 12 months I don't think I will see it in my lifetime.

For the last few years or so we have been bombarded with movies, music, music videos, and all sorts of entertainment leading up to Dec 2012 . These things have taken many forms including aliens, TEOTW, religious and spiritual lessons, sacred texts,occult and esoteric ideology, and ancient Egypt just to name a few. I know that this is also just a tiny part of ATS and I don't mean to throw any shade but conspiracy sites have seen a lot of traffic for people searching for information.

What happens if nothing happens? Look at it from many angles including entertainment, religion, and politics. I could say that we'd find another doomsday date but honestly, I don't see that happening. Well, at least not on the level of Dec 2012.
edit on 15-3-2012 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
nothing will happen and the world will continue turning

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

When nothing happens there will still be a number of suicides. After that you can expect to see people either pointing to an insignificant event as proof that the "prophecy" came true or they will come up with some excuse to change the date. My guess is they will go with January 2013.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

I believe something will happen, ALOT of nothing.
People will sit around and put off what should be done TODAY in hopes that we will recieve some sort of AWAKENING or jesus will come to save us, or the aliens will land and give us the cures to all of our ills and make our leaders lead right.
But in truth, nothing will happen and at the end of the year, folks will find a new next thing to put their minds off of what they should have done DECADES ago.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Your joking right? If nothing happens do you think we will have nothing to look forwards too?

Of course not. It will be 2013 that's a year with 13 in it. Forget 2012 we are all doomed in in 2013. You heard it here first.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I am not really a believer in the 2012 shenanigans, but never underestimate the suddenness of what's round
the next corner..

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

Nothing is gonna happen....It's only 70 degrees in northern PA in MARCH! Been in these parts since 79' and aint seen nothing like it! But, the world will turn with us or without us....

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
well before that day thousands if not millions of people are going to go crazy "just in case something really does happen". mass destruction will happen in local and big towns. many will be at home with family crying and embracing them self, waiting for the unknown to happen.

i imagine that the build up of everything will make people go crazy like when the year 2000 happen but multiplied by 100. the people are going to be the reason for everything that happens.

i feel like something is bound to happen some time because the earth is a living thing and so is the sun and pretty much everything is and we all know death is inevitable to living things.

if nothing happens 12/21/12 then people are going to have alot of regret and apologizes for 12/22/12.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Just like Y2k, at least we were mentally and physically prepared just in case... and had something interesting to think about

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm not looking to debate IF something will happen. I'm asking what will happen to mankind since so much has been put into the year?

I've never witnessed a more viral campaign, though.

As for Y2K, the only prep I did was make sure we had extra water and a little extra food. I also had cash on hand - just in case. At that time I had an 11 month old.
edit on 15-3-2012 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

The Doomsday supply companies (emergency food, shelters, guns, etc.) will be laughing all the way to the bank, and await the next idiotic prediction, of which we see Plenty here on ATS!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz
nothing will happen and the world will continue burning
Fixed!

Look at what is going on in the world, we are on the very brink of the biggest religious conflict and economic collapse in modern history and we are just waiting for the moment when the SHTF. It's inevitable.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
then we will live to see the fall of man through political stupitity the silence of our freedoms and the last steps to our biggest fear that there will be noone left who isint a mindless sheep
so eaither way the end of somthing is near look around

and maby we all just sit back and go wow! 2013 sucks nothing to talk about ehh
too bad well have nothing to look foward too i mean theres no way we can ever have space travil
we will go blind

oh and "global warming" hahaha

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I don't think we here at ATS have a clear view on the issue. I'm reminded of the "Chinese Problem," which is "One billion Chinese don't care about your little life's problems." Although there are a fair number of people in the West who have been exposed to the Doomsday scenarios, most don't take them at all seriously. They are largely not people like us, who have the luxury of sitting on ATS trying to scare each other to death. We're not a very good cross-representational segment of humanity.

If nothing happens, which is statistically the most likely scenario, there will be people who think up another date just around the corner just to keep the level of hysteria up for their benefit.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecuritySeeker
reply to post by cry93

Nothing is gonna happen....It's only 70 degrees in northern PA in MARCH! Been in these parts since 79' and aint seen nothing like it! But, the world will turn with us or without us....

Yeah high 70s here in Michigan. Its just weird. We seriously have lost the majority of a season here. Not saying I'm sold on 2012, but events are certainly making me give the subject more attention than I would have only a year ago.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
I'm not looking to debate IF something will happen. I'm asking what will happen to mankind since so much has been put into the year?

Some people will mortgage the house to live better for this last year on earth, some will be able to pay it off and some will lose the farm.
Others like me who realize it is all fear mongering will just prepare for human stupidity and live...err thrive.
Just the same as any other event, cataclysm, Etc.

I've never witnessed a more viral campaign, though.

Don't remember Y2K or 1984 do you?
There are many other "end of the world" events, too many to list.
But every time it is the biggest event EVER!!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
THERE WILL BE CHANGE. At least for the people of the US. We'll know who are new president will be. Agendas have to be tightened up. No time to waste.

I've always seen the apocalypse or armageddon as being an end of the world as we know it. It doesn't necessarily mean fire, brimstone, antichrist. It certainly can't be disqualified either IMHO. Revelations has been around for a looooooong time. Plenty of time for people to put plans in place to make whatever they want to happen to the world, happen. Even if someone doesn't believe in religion, they must aknowledge the fact that religion can still be used to get desired results. For example, a non religious person can still study and learn about religion and therein devise a plan to use that knowledge for their benefit. Why not make their prophecies come true. If they want the anti-christ, give them Santorum (j/k) or some other dumb schmuck they need to use at the moment.

Sorry for digressing but I do believe no matter what, that there will be change. An end to things as we know it. It's already started, surely it's obvious that common sense ended a while ago

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
For much of the population, nothing will happen. Or so they will think... Enlightenment will only be given to those who seek and accept it. But to answer the question, majority of the planet will believe all the upheavals are man made and our fault. That is what will be pushed on us by TPTB. They will have the answers. So they think. Those of us that are already awakening, see that it is coming. We feel it everyday. Many are already becoming more and more uninterested. The change is a lot less Hollywood so therefore it will be pushed aside for another hobby or doomsday event.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
bunch of idiots committ suicide..

After being trolled into the ground, ATS deletes the 2012 forum and replaces it with a new year or doomsday forum.

top topics

join