It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Awakening WILL Happen - So Says Logic

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 4KAAN

The impression I got from the channelers that I researched such as the "Crimson Circle" was that they were conceited egomaniacs preying on the weaknesses and fears of others just to turn a profit. I've been burnt too many times trying to ignite passion from my heart rather than my head. I'm glad you found my friends ideas about binaural beats amusing as well.
.. I am positive that they do produce beneficial results for people that use them properly, but there isn't a sound frequency anywhere that I know of that can turn a dope into a genius without significant effort on the persons part to absorb knowledge through traditional means. I listen to classical music while I study (decided to get a degree before I become too much of an "old dog") and from the information I can gather classical music has a similar effect on the brain as some of these frequencies. I have even practiced meditation a little, but my mind very rarely stops long enough for me to truly relax. Most of my animosity towards the "new age" movement comes from people claiming to be spiritually genuine taking advantage of others weaknesses to profit financially. It is not just the "new age" movement I criticize either, I have just as harsh opinions towards many other faiths as well.. I was raised to be a Christian, even graduated from a Catholic High School when I wasn't even Catholic, but all the exposure did was cause me to see most organized religion as a means for populous control. I'm not against anyone being spiritual as long as their not being taken for a ride.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by XTTIOTX
reply to post by 4KAAN

I was raised to be a Christian, even graduated from a Catholic High School when I wasn't even Catholic, but all the exposure did was cause me to see most organized religion as a means for populous control.

I think this is going to be the subject for my next thread. I was raised a Christian too, and living up to their expectations of living "like Christ" is impossible in accordance to their dogma. In fact, trying to be righteous has gotten me in more trouble than if I had just accepted that religious texts are fairy tales and ghost stories with sprinkles of truth. It's really messed up, but I think this is something we can overcome slowly but surely, if not through some great catalyst for awakening.

I'm not against anyone being spiritual as long as their not being taken for a ride.

edit on 29-3-2012 by 4KAAN because: preposition malfunction

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
lol so much raw energy from both sides.

oh how i wish i could harvest it.
i could do so much with it.
edit on 29-3-2012 by TheGrandWarlock because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join