It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto plans massive biotech experiment in the US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Monsanto plans massive biotech experiment in the US

rt.com

The US government has for the first time signed off on a large-scale experiment involving genetically modified crops, which will lead to biotech big shot Monsanto introducing an engineered corn seed across America from South Dakota to Texas.

The Monsanto Corporation has been given the go-ahead to test out a man-made corn variant that they claim can thrive in dry, unfavorable conditions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15-3-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Looks like were getting turned into lab rats, I mean would anybody actually eat that? If this is true I'm done eating corn for good. I haven't even heard of this till I read this article, isn't this something that everybody should be given a heads up about. Monsanto has a bad enough rap as it is I doubt that corn is anywhere close to safe. They even used the word test so I'm assuming they don't no if there's dangers or not.

rt.com

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Slowly but surely, more and more "products" will have their influence in one way or another. Legislation is being pushed to hide ingredients from you or allow "organic" labels to not actually be organic. I always suspected these mega corporations of doing despicable things, but just assumed it was for the money, now it seems more and more likely they have other reasons.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Remember the Boston Tea Party?

It is getting about time for a Monsanto Crop Burn Party.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There's so much money in it and its in so few hands that we've completely lost control (politically as well as FDA/scientifically).

Eugenics is back and seems to be using poison directly in the food of the least "desirable".

Funny too how the primary problem farmers are finding is that their animals can't breed. Welcome to the Nazi's new nation, Amerika.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Remember the Boston Tea Party?
It is getting about time for a Monsanto Crop Burn Party.

They'd see you coming via your cell phone tracking. You'd be struck by a drone. And if you think you can boycott - guess again, you'd need your own farm and be hauled away like the raw milk producers. Then you'd have a hard time getting new seeds to plant since that corporation owns all the LEGAL seed storage too. Wanna plant you're own seeds? That's illegal ya know. You can't even $%^&.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
There's one absolute guaranteed way to stop these psychopaths, and it's been proven effective in "field trials".

Hungary Destroys All GMO Maize Fields
India Cheers While Monsanto Burns
India Farmers Again Burn Monsanto Cotton Fields
International Call to Action: Monsanto on the Ropes
Haitian Farmers Vow to Burn Monsanto's Hybrid Seed Donation

edit on 15-3-2012 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88

Looks like were getting turned into lab rats, I mean would anybody actually eat that? If this is true I'm done eating corn for good. I haven't even heard of this till I read this article, isn't this something that everybody should be given a heads up about. Monsanto has a bad enough rap as it is I doubt that corn is anywhere close to safe. They even used the word test so I'm assuming they don't no if there's dangers or not.

rt.com

You know how it turned out for the lab rats dont' you?

AAEM's position paper stated, "Several animal studies indicate serious health risks associated with GM food," including infertility, immune problems, accelerated aging, insulin regulation, and changes in major organs and the gastrointestinal system. They conclude, "There is more than a casual association between GM foods and adverse health effects. There is causation," as defined by recognized scientific criteria. "The strength of association and consistency between GM foods and disease is confirmed in several animal studies."

link

Like this one:

The study, jointly conducted by Surov's Institute of Ecology and Evolution of the Russian Academy of Sciences and the National Association for Gene Security, is expected to be published in three months (July 2010)--so the technical details will have to wait. But Surov sketched out the basic set up for me in an email.

He used Campbell hamsters, with a fast reproduction rate, divided into 4 groups. All were fed a normal diet, but one was without any soy, another had non-GM soy, a third used GM soy, and a fourth contained higher amounts of GM soy. They used 5 pairs of hamsters per group, each of which produced 7-8 litters, totally 140 animals.

Surov told The Voice of Russia,

"Originally, everything went smoothly. However, we noticed quite a serious effect when we selected new pairs from their cubs and continued to feed them as before. These pairs' growth rate was slower and reached their sexual maturity slowly."
He selected new pairs from each group, which generated another 39 litters. There were 52 pups born to the control group and 78 to the non-GM soy group. In the GM soy group, however, only 40 pups were born. And of these, 25% died. This was a fivefold higher death rate than the 5% seen among the controls. Of the hamsters that ate high GM soy content, only a single female hamster gave birth. She had 16 pups; about 20% died.

Genetically Modified Soy Linked to Sterility, Infant Mortality in Hamsters

Don't forget to boycott High Fructose Corn Syrup HFCS, aka Corn Sugar now.

edit on 15-3-2012 by pianopraze because: edited links

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Monsanto will end up being one of the mega corporations in charge of the US Government, able to bend it at their will.

The USDA is incredibly stupid to hand over control of the US crop to a single corporation.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

What is this, a history review? "Thirty years ago today in history"

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Monsanto already took over the corn market - they're just "upgrading" with this new variety.

...Bacteria and other pests develop resistance to GM and GE plants and animals - so replacements are always in the pike. It's a guaranteed market, just like for antibiotic resistance and developed immunities to other meds.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Round-up they did.

F Monsanto.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I know they already cornered the corn market(no pun intended), I've known about that for a while. My main focus is how the switch is being made from some natural corn to all this genetically modified crap. Monsanto's been forcing out small scale agriculture for a while now.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
There's one absolute guaranteed way to stop these psychopaths, and it's been proven effective in "field trials".

Hungary Destroys All GMO Maize Fields
India Cheers While Monsanto Burns
India Farmers Again Burn Monsanto Cotton Fields
International Call to Action: Monsanto on the Ropes
Haitian Farmers Vow to Burn Monsanto's Hybrid Seed Donation

edit on 15-3-2012 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

Its funny how many look at these countries as 3rd world and backwards compared to the US, however at least they are smart enough to know when they are being screwed out of their birth right and are willing to stand up and do something about it. it would be nice to see Americans find thier missing balls and take some similar actions...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Monsanto already took over the corn market - they're just "upgrading" with this new variety.

...Bacteria and other pests develop resistance to GM and GE plants and animals - so replacements are always in the pike. It's a guaranteed market, just like for antibiotic resistance and developed immunities to other meds.

They have also cornered the soybean market and 95% of all Soy is from frankin-soy beans. Stop eating soy it is not good for you anyway. And read labels soy is in everything now and there is no reason for it to be part of the ingredients. I was looking at fish oils the other day and most of them had soy in it WTF? Only eat organic non hybrid corns preferably grown yourself or by someone you know but do your research on where the seeds came from even so called organic growers in some cases are using GMO but not using chemicals to grow it so are calling it organic.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The Native American Indians must be turning over in their mass graves,

at what US & Monsanto biogenics has doing to their native corn!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Words cannot express the HATE I feel for that company! I feel very strongly about very few things. I love my kids, I hate war and I hate Monsanto!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
All it takes...

is the right plague. And the entire nation's corn crop dies in one feel swoop.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Monsanto = death of humanity.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The evil ones are intent on spreading their seed.
It's time to move the conversation from talking about them and discuss what to do about them.

Seriously, what are the available options?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join