It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's banks to be blocked from global banking system

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Iran's banks to be blocked from global banking system

www.bbc.co.uk

Swift, the body that handles global banking transactions, says it will cut Iran's banks out of the system on Saturday to enforce sanctions.

The move will isolate Iran financially by making it almost impossible for money to flow in and out of the country via official banking channels.

It will hit its oil industry, but may also have a heavy impact on Iranians who live abroad and send money home.

The move follows EU sanctions against Iran over its nuclear programme.

The US and its allies accuse Iran of trying to develop nuclear weapons - a charge it denies.

Iran last week agreed
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This is a major move. and I do beleive we know the influence on those. Let us remember, a lot of bank owners are Jewish and on top of that Israel is being threaten. Say hello to the sanction that will cause a lot of issues. Issues for Iran, yes!, but i wonder on the profound effect on U.s. Gas prices, Eu prices and Uk prices. Even if does have no effect on oil prices, i am sure Iran retaliation will

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well, that's an act of war.
So, I guess it's on. More needless death and destruction.

If the global banking system cut off the United States, I know bombs would start flying in an instant.
edit on 15-3-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Hahahahahahaha. I guess the Rothschild's are having trouble setting up a central bank in Iran

Gaaah ok i've had enough of this slave prison society. Tyrants your days are numbered.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, Tehran declared this to be one of their personal Red Line moments awhile back when it was being pursued as a serious action. Now it's about to happen. I guess it's time to see what Iran is made of. Are they making idle threats like so many before them or do their lines mean something when they warn other nations not to cross them. I know the U.S. tends to back it's threats...will Iran?

Tune in Monday as the first business day this will be in effect..for the answer.
This could get real wild.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This would seem the proverbial 'line in the sand' from the western world to Iran.

Now would certainly seem the time for 'cooler heads to prevail'. Otherwise ...

yeah. things could get ugly Real quick.

* turns to page four of the game book - "how to incite the intended response" *

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Sounds like they are doing Iran a favour. I wish they would cut Canada off from the world banking system.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I've gotta be honest with you folks, I was born in the 1950's. I was born in a simpler time when the government did not yet possess the power of science-backed propaganda. I know what integrity is. Integrity ....... a term completely and totally absent in today's government.

Right now, I see a US "government" intent on controlling the globe. I see a US "government" playing global chess with the world. I see a US "government" that will gladly trade "reality" for propaganda and global strategic position. I see a US "government", gone to the darkside, willing to kill completely innocent foreign civilians to achieve their warped goals. What ever those goals may ultimately be.

Yesterday, the target was Libya. After examination of the issues in the middle east, I knew the US "government" was backing the wrong horse. The simple fact is: We (the U.S) are the bad guys. Period. Simple fact.

Please allow me to be open and honest. I despise "typical" middle eastern treatment of women. It is beneath contempt. But ..... it is their choice. They need to work thru their social immaturity and achieve growth in their own time and their own way. All their social development is now on hold due to massive oppression by the US and Israel. Don't bother bombarding me with tales of "God's chosen people". I don't have time for the utter BS.

I would be making monthly contributions to organizations seeking freedom from US/Israeli terrorism, but the bought-and-paid-for US government has defined such organizations to be "terrorist". I am stuck. My "free" government has decided they will think for me in matters of conscience.

Well, Uncle Sam -- screw you and all the state-sponsored terrorism you represent. You do not represent me. Period. That goes double if you decide to start another war in Syria or Iran.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well you know Canadas always open if you are unhappy with the way things are going.(no disrespect intended just stating a option) Personally i think cutting iran off from its money is a great move. Good luck buying food,sending Hamas and hezbollah money and buying russian and chinese weapons with no cash or way to even direct payment. Most of us are stuck here riding this out and just have no way to leave even if we wanted to. So as long as I am stuck here ill play the role of a law abiding citizen until its not possible anymore.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Did not expect this to happen. This is unprecedented, isn't it?

This is HUGE, and IF war was going to start, this could be the lynchpin.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I've been waiting for this story to appear. I look forward to reading the responses. When I heard this on the news today along with the Taliban quitting talks, Karzai trying to evacuate troops and the talk of threats against the family of the troop in custody, I was thinking to myself "Damn, beware the Ides of March..."

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
very similar to the way Japan was isolated pre Pearl harbour
then you have the old enterprise due to be scrapped headed for the hormuz
just like the ships bombed in Pearl harbour, while the modern ships were well off and safe

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

Hey now, don't put us and our out of control government in the same boat, its not like their is a consent of the governed here anymore.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Reminds me of the Jewish boycott of Germany before ww2 in an attempt to crash their economy.

Of course they leve that out the history books

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Do Iranian banks offer Islamic USURY free (no interest) banking? If so that would be a major problem for the IMF as this type of bank does not cause its people to go into debt and lead into oppression. The Rotshchild owned banks want to charge USURY to enslave people. It is their prime motive.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

The USA has lined up the queen and king...perfect for the attacking enemy rook to set up a pin and to remove the USA queen from the board..for those of you who know chessspeak..

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Do Iranian banks offer Islamic USURY free (no interest) banking? If so that would be a major problem for the IMF as this type of bank does not cause its people to go into debt and lead into oppression. The Rotshchild owned banks want to charge USURY to enslave people. It is their prime motive.

This is exactly what i was wondering...

No 2nd needed

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I was wondering that as well, or if their currency isn't controlled by the IMF or something of that nature.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

The last i heard was that Iran, NK and Venezuela are the remaining 3 countries without Rothchild banks in them (Globally). Prior to the Iraq war the list was...

Iraq
Libya
Iran
Venezuela
North Korea

2 wars later, 2 countries down.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

I think Cuba is another one that doesn't use the World Banking System, correct me if I'm wrong.

-SAP-
edit on 16-3-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join