It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who put the dip in the "Dip-Da-Dip-Da-Dip"? I did!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Laz’s Post-Missouri Bean Dip

Here’s the backstory on this dip. Years ago, there was a little eatery in the Waldo area of south Kansas City called Sancho’s. Among other dishes, they served an appetizer called “Chilie Con Queso,” which was a concoction of beans, cheese, and chips. I loved it so well, I noted what it seemed to contain and tried to reproduce it at home. After a while I was making a serviceable version of what Sancho’s served, but after moving to New Mexico, I tried it once again. My wife made suggestions, and it underwent refinements. Most importantly, ingredients got better, and the taste got hotter. Now, I have got it so well down that I can offer a recipe, as follows.

6 cups canned or cooked pinto beans, undrained (Laz uses pressure-cooked Pintos grown in Colorado)
1 4oz can of diced green chilies
1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of ground chipotle chilie
3/4 – 1 cup of salsa (cook’s choice)
1 –2 cups shredded cheese
1 bouillon cube (cook’s choice) (Laz uses tomato/chicken)
other spices/seasonings to taste
a little water if too thick

heat the lot in a saucepan, on low heat for the sake of the cheese
mash contents or (recommended) use a hand blender

enjoy!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Oh good lord as if I was not jungry enough!! Add some cooked chorizo after it's been mashed and I think I may have a new addiction!!

I may have to give this one a try reallllllll soon!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Why Lazarus...that sounds like it could wake a brother from the dead! I'ma try it out on me and my bean-dip lovin' niece.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Thanks for the chorizo idea, but I'll use soyrizo instead. Same hotness, less porkness. I have tried Marcum seasoning in the dip, and intend to try Adobo seasoning as well.

top topics

join