It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you really want something to happen on December 21st?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The date is dawning and the theories and predictions just wont die down. From fake alien invasions, to Nibiru and Star Gates opening from within the Sun, almost everybody (at least on ATS) is convinced that "something" is going to happen on December 21st 2012.

With all the doom and gloom happening around the world with the anticipated global economic collapse, numerous wars, earthquakes and tsunamis, the overall feeling of the human population is really rather negative and distressing.

With that in mind, why is it we are all looking for answers and to fuel our imaginations with more possible ending scenarios regarding 2012? Do we really want the truth so that we can make time and plan our final actions with our family and friends. To make shelters and stock up on supply's in the hope we have the right information? Or is it because deep down, we actually WANT something to happen on this supposedly fateful day!?

Maybe it's just me, but i'm not entirely convinced anything with indeed happen at the end of the year, but a big part of me actually wants something to happen to punish humans for the way we've ruined this planet! Perhaps it's because i'm so fedup of been as skint as a flint i'd be better off if something occurs?

Strange, anyone else feel like this, or is it something you dare not consider a possibility?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I consider it a very real possibility. But I don't lean towards the doom and gloom scenarios-those are playing out right before our eyes.

Maybe it is just me, but I want something to happen that will turn the world around, change people's attitude toward what is important.We just can't do this for much longer.

My own personal belief is that somehow we get some sort of intervention, because honestly, we need it.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

If something is going to happen, it would be cooler if it happened on December 20th so everyone is caught off guard. Maybe everyone is driving to the hardware store for their excessive duck tape purchases and a huge CME directly hits the earth and all power goes out with a hundred million people in hardware stores.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm going to make something happen. That's right, I am having a party if I am still employed. If not, I have a bottle saved up for that day. I also have some movies with the end of the world theme that I have not watched yet for that special day.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The only part of that scenario I hope for is that something may happen that may unite human kind, Now I do not wish/hope for harm to anyone, and part of me remains suspicious of any global event because of the convenient and utilized 'problem, reaction, solution' mechanism. I am hooping we are, as the modern Mayans, clarify, "in a season of change." Whether it be in consciousness, cosmic, or just plain ole attitude, part of me always wishes for change that is a step forward in our evolution....for the better.

Peace,
spec

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I really hope something does actual happen, whether it be positive or negative we can work from there and turn it into something positive, because I feel the world needs change.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I would have to go with no. Only cause I have two small children and I never want to see the look on their faces as our world gets destroyed. If it was just me.. I'd say bring it. If I live, I live, if not, then Peace OUT!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The only thing that is going to happen, is that the non-level headed people will be on the street corners, waving their 'The End Is Nigh' signs, while the rest of us sit back and laugh at them.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I dont actually want anything special to happen.. I want to make it to 2013! But i do want something to happen during this year so the humanity can move on to a better world..but was hoping that it was nothing catastrophic..

I used to play D&Dragons and other RPGames .. and using it as a metaphor.. i would like humanity to "level up"

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The "Official" Unofficial 2012 Doomsday Vote Thread! www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
The date is dawning and the theories and predictions just wont die down. From fake alien invasions, to Nibiru and Star Gates opening from within the Sun, almost everybody (at least on ATS) is convinced that "something" is going to happen on December 21st 2012.

With all the doom and gloom happening around the world with the anticipated global economic collapse, numerous wars, earthquakes and tsunamis, the overall feeling of the human population is really rather negative and distressing.

With that in mind, why is it we are all looking for answers and to fuel our imaginations with more possible ending scenarios regarding 2012? Do we really want the truth so that we can make time and plan our final actions with our family and friends. To make shelters and stock up on supply's in the hope we have the right information? Or is it because deep down, we actually WANT something to happen on this supposedly fateful day!?

Maybe it's just me, but i'm not entirely convinced anything with indeed happen at the end of the year, but a big part of me actually wants something to happen to punish humans for the way we've ruined this planet! Perhaps it's because i'm so fedup of been as skint as a flint i'd be better off if something occurs?

Strange, anyone else feel like this, or is it something you dare not consider a possibility?

i have to say this sums up EXACTLY how i feel! Right down to wondering if i just want something to happen coz i'm fed up of being skint!

new topics

top topics

join