It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This world is becoming a horrible place. I'm almost welcoming whatever horrible things may come

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I feel like Pop Culture has changed vastly as of recently. I feel like growing up they impressed the image that most people just wanted to be cool, and good looking, and as normal as possible. Now it's the opposite, everyone wants to be a very unique, weird, dorky person. Body modification is at an all time high. People fashion choices have gotten pretty weird, most notably people like Lady GaGa. I see boys wearing girl jeans, girls with purple and pink hair, people with face tattoo's. People obviously don't care enough about their appearance to be able to get a respectable job, but somehow, as bad as the economy is, it's now easy enough for any tattooed idiot to become rich without doing much. Look at all these dubstep artists who everyone is obsessing over for making all the same beats with enormous bass drops and thats pretty much it. This #s been out for years, why is everyone so into it all of a sudden? What's so great about skrillex that makes him better than any house dj in the last 20 years? Anyone can get famous just from youtube now a days, look at Antoine Dodson. After the night intruder video, he got paid enough from going on talk shows he moved out of the ghetto, and moved to a nice apartment in LA. For doing pretty much nothing.

Things like Hedge Funds BAFFLE me that they are completely legal. Basically a someone manages a hedgefund; he reaches out to maybe 10-50 different people who he knows are worth millions, and invest the money they give him into new businesses, then right before the bubble bursts, they bail out and without really doing anything turn a few million into hundreds of millions. Basically the easiest way to make money without getting famous on the internet now a days is already heaving money. There is no lower middle class anymore. You're either rich or you're struggling right now. It's like a monopoly of money right now.

It seems like the people who do the least are the ones most recognized nowadays.

Ever notice that while bush was in office he pretty much did nothing but screw things up. And when he wasnt he was pretty much just doing nothing. He went on vacation 2 weeks out of every month. And yet people only made fun of him for being "dumb". Yet you rarely saw the media attacking him for any policy or political issues. Wheras Barack Obama, everyone thinks he's smart and stern, but the second he makes any sort of mistake, they jump down his throat like hes purposely destroying the nation. In the end it wouldn't have mattered what he did, no one can bring us back from the whole bush put us in. Or should I say Cheyney put us in, cause lets be real, cheyney ran the country, and bush was just a puppet.

Nothing seems right at the moment. I'm really starting to believe something is in fact going to happen soon cause I feel like this planet, the United States especially, is just becoming a horrible horrible place. And in my opinion, something needs to happen. This planet needs a good kick in the ass. Of course I don't want the world to end, and I don't want people to die. But some sort of message or something to get things to change a bit is all this planet really needs at the moment. In the end, I always saw the world ending because of Robots and AI, as depicted in the terminator, matrix, i,robot, etc. And I always thought Apple and that Jeopardy computer would have something to do with it. I don't think the world is going to end per say, but I think something is definitely going to happen, hopefully sooner than later.

With all that said, Mark Zuckerberg is a douche bag and there is no reason he should be Man of the Year. People in Germany discovered the cure for HIV last year and you didn't hear a thing about them. Why? Because it was found using stem cells so of course the American media couldn't promote that. A cure for HIV that you probably won't see in the US for many many years if ever. If anything Zuckerberg should be hated, Facebook is one of the worst things to happen to this planet, people are gaining or losing jobs, relationships, friends because of it. Peoples lives are based off computers now. Human interaction is becoming a thing of the past. I'm fearful for the worlds future.

But I think i've said enough as it is and gone off in to a bunch of random tangents.I'll end my rant there. I could probably fill up two or three more posts of my point BS so i'll spare all of you. I'm sure everyone thinks i'm nuts by now.

edit on 15-3-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

Who cares what color someones hair is, how tight their pants are, or what music they listen to?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Imagine you were brought to this year from a generation of the past. Say anything before 1970 or so. I feel like people of the past would on us in shame for so many reasons. Just as the illeged "John Titor" said the people of the future look at our era as complete scum bags. I'm beginning to believe it.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OGOldGreg

Ever notice that while bush was in office he pretty much did nothing but screw things up. And when he wasnt he was pretty much just doing nothing. He went on vacation 2 weeks out of every month. And yet people only made fun of him for being "dumb". Yet you rarely saw the media attacking him for any policy or political issues. Wheras Barack Obama, everyone thinks he's smart and stern, but the second he makes any sort of mistake, they jump down his throat like hes purposely destroying the nation. In the end it wouldn't have mattered what he did, no one can bring us back from the whole bush put us in. Or should I say Cheyney put us in, cause lets be real, cheyney ran the country, and bush was just a puppet.

Definitely belongs here in rants. BTW where have you been, Obama still blames Bush any chance he gets along with a lot of the Dems/ non fox msm, and while he was in office, yeah they were bashing him big time with the exception of the month or so from 9/11 (which, I had to respect, it surprised me).

Lets not go into Katrina, where he was ready to step in yet the local governor said no. 72 hours and they bash him. Obama with the oil spill 30 days - 30 before they started to say anything negative.

Double standard much?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

You are "almost"?
Keep trying, they almost have you where they want you.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
"The wheel in the sky keeps on turning". It is all good. This site has a way of bringing out your "Oh my goodness".
Lots of folks enjoy being scared and upset about things they have absolutely no control over. This way they don't have to look in the mirror and try to change that. As someone else said on this forum earlier, "be the change you want to see".

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm having a difficult time taking this topic very seriously.

I mean, I came into this thread expecting to read about the ways in which the world has become a horrible place. Instead I get girls with pink hair.

Facebook is one of the worst things to happen to this planet? No. Human trafficking is one of the worst things to happen to this planet. Underage girls getting traded among rich friends and raped repeatedly is a little worse than someone posting "I'm at Starbucks and they're out of non-fat milk!" as their Facebook status.

Please try to gain some perspective.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepixelgarden
I'm having a difficult time taking this topic very seriously.

I mean, I came into this thread expecting to read about the ways in which the world has become a horrible place. Instead I get girls with pink hair.

Facebook is one of the worst things to happen to this planet? No. Human trafficking is one of the worst things to happen to this planet. Underage girls getting traded among rich friends and raped repeatedly is a little worse than someone posting "I'm at Starbucks and they're out of non-fat milk!" as their Facebook status.

Please try to gain some perspective.

So in my long 2000 word post, i mentioned literally only one sentence about pink hair and thats all you took back from it? that says a lot right there. My point is the world is becoming # through people have VERY EASY CONTROL OVER. Are you out there saving kids from child trafficking? Are you planning on doing so any time soon? Do you think you have the means to do so? Have you been abducted? If I wanted to talk about child trafficking then I would have made a thread about that. Thats like saying I didn't mention that the Browns need a new quarterback because the Giants won the Superbowl. Sorry I don't have the time to touch on every single problem in the world jsut cause you think it's necessary.

EDIT:And if you want to talk about perspective, my step father was shot in the back of the head 3 years ago. No suspects found. No reasons given why. Not a single #ing clue. He was shot in the head and killed in broad daylight, for virtually no known reason. So come talk to me about perspective some more.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

So come talk to me about perspective some more.

Ok, I will. If you're going to start a topic about how horrible the world is, don't you think it would have been more effective of a rant to mention a family member getting shot instead of people getting tattoos?

Please don't pull a bait-and-switch like that. It's not very nice.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
n/m.

edit on 16-3-2012 by dreamingawake because: deleted.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepixelgarden

So come talk to me about perspective some more.

Ok, I will. If you're going to start a topic about how horrible the world is, don't you think it would have been more effective of a rant to mention a family member getting shot instead of people getting tattoos?

Please don't pull a bait-and-switch like that. It's not very nice.

has nothing to do with switching, you mentioned perspective and I showed you mine. If I wanted to start a thread about children being kiddnapped I would have started a thread about Kony, but god knows we have enough of them. Are you done trolling?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Congratulations. You are getting old.

Soon you'll be making strange ''yaaargh' noises when you bend down.

edit on 16-3-2012 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Can't really deny this. I'm only 24. Sometimes I feel 74.

new topics

top topics

join