It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto got the OK!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The US government has for the first time signed off on a large-scale experiment involving genetically modified crops, which will lead to biotech big shot Monsanto introducing an engineered corn seed across America from South Dakota to Texas.

Ok, This is surely going to grind your gears. The U.S. Government has given the ok for a large-scale experiment involving genetically modified crops. So, now geneticly modified corn is gonna make it's way to American farmers across the board. When is it gonna be clear that Monsanto doesn't give a crap about you, me, the farmers. They don't care about no one but there pockets. I'm trying to bring awarness but I don't know what good it's gonna do. The courts already sided with them. So let's see what those farmers are gonna do next to stop those wack jobs. I wish I was a billionaire so I could stick it to them good!!

Experimenting with geneticly modified crops in the US
edit on 15-3-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Wow, so are S. Dakotans unaware of Monsanto, and not protesting it, or do states no longer have any say in their practices? I wonder how much gov subsidies play into this too, only giving aid to those under Monsanto contracts.
I say call the monopoly police!

spec

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

WAIT!! I thought they were already conducting this "experiment". from what i understand, most of the crops grown in the US is GM. so now, they are just making it official? i'm confused.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by couldbeanyone

Yes they are already conducting them. They were ok'ed for pest and weed resistant strains of geneticly modified crops. This one is for drout resistance. 300 000 farmers are again preparing a class action suit against Monsanto.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

good god. how ridiculous is this? i'm going to have to fish thru my internet history and find the article i read stating that gm crops are not nearly as nutritious as the real deal. this is what they are feeding us. i also saw a documentary years ago about a woman to took it up as a life's work to document the effects of pesticides, chronicling it from the beginnings of mass produced food. basically cancer on a plate. and doubly so if you microwaved it.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by couldbeanyone

If you're gonna make the research, you should start a thread on it. I'd love to read it.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I can see it now, many many years from now, if we haven't destroyed ourselves with a WW3 nukedom, people will be so sick of it all that they will have their own farms and smuggling non GM seeds will be a crime punishable by death.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

ooooohhhhh. what a great idea! i think i will. gimme about 24 hours. i have to make a deal with myself to clean the house first. cuz that's how i get stuff done.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Most of our foods are made with corn.
That is a fairly important statement, because GMO corn as a major ingredient in most of the food supply, means GMOs getting to just about everyone.

It's great for messing with our genes and cellular health,
which is great for the medical industry,
which is great for those wanting a malfunctioning, sickly, passive and confused population whose lives will be much shorter than they should be,
which is great for depopulation agendas.

Just pay attention to who plays golf together, then follow the money to the business partners working together for mutual goals.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Farmers, and any person who has eaten GMO unknowingly should sue Monsanto. Heck maybe the whole country should lol.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Here is a place to dig a little
Monsanto Political fund

Clip

Monsanto's participation in the political process includes contributions to political candidates in a manner that is compliant with all applicable laws and reporting requirements. Federal law prohibits corporations from making direct or indirect contributions to candidates or political parties at the federal level. The Company's political contributions at the state level are limited to those states where such contributions are permitted. Such contributions are based on advancing the best interests of Monsanto and its shareowners, including consideration of the Company's interests in the state, legislative activity in the state, Company facilities and employees in the state and local political factors.
Is the decission a repayement for political funding during the current election?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokeythabear
reply to post by XLR8R

Farmers, and any person who has eaten GMO unknowingly should sue Monsanto. Heck maybe the whole country should lol.

I second this motion. All in favor say Aye.

Aye.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Exactly, do not even leave out soya beans, soy and derivatives they are all GMOs also starch and many., unless the processed food you are buying is certified organic every ingredient in it is contaminated with GMOs.

Another reason to stay as natural and organic as possible meaning cook your food and know what is in it rather than buying the process food that you have not clue what is in it.

Eating healthier is getting harder and harder to achieve as our food supplies are been contaminated with GMOs.

I got by one rule, never buy processed foods at all.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Eating healthier is getting harder and harder to achieve as our food supplies are been contaminated with GMOs

Tell me about it. I read the ingredients on every food item I buy at the market, completely ignoring the Nutrition facts labels, which are the least of my concerns.

The least amount of ingredients the healthier it is.
A can of peanuts should say, Ingredients: Peanuts, salt... that's it!
A bottle of Apple juice, Ingredients: 100% apple juice, maybe ascorbic acid, but nothing more.

Unlike foods like Ramen noodles, Ingredients: Four score and seven years ago, .......
Tomato sauce, Ingredients: High Fructose funkadellic, monosuicide, soylent greens, hydrorustoleum, caulk, ADHDTV, yellow #666, contains less than 2% hybrid plastic Chinese mercury tomatoes.

Tasty stuff.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Supposedly the same genetically modified crops that have been linked with the deaths of a number of people who have gotten allergic reactions to the things they put in it...

Awesome.
edit on 15-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

More New World Order Eugenics :/ yay......

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by marg6043

Eating healthier is getting harder and harder to achieve as our food supplies are been contaminated with GMOs

Tell me about it. I read the ingredients on every food item I buy at the market, completely ignoring the Nutrition facts labels, which are the least of my concerns.

The least amount of ingredients the healthier it is.
A can of peanuts should say, Ingredients: Peanuts, salt... that's it!
A bottle of Apple juice, Ingredients: 100% apple juice, maybe ascorbic acid, but nothing more.

Unlike foods like Ramen noodles, Ingredients: Four score and seven years ago, .......
Tomato sauce, Ingredients: High Fructose funkadellic, monosuicide, soylent greens, hydrorustoleum, caulk, ADHDTV, yellow #666, contains less than 2% hybrid plastic Chinese mercury tomatoes.

Tasty stuff.

LOL you have me laughing soooooo hard right now...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Is anything safe any longer? Think on it: veggies and fruits are all monsanto. All meat is monsanto since farmers feed monsanto to them.

Water is being heavily flouridated in some places : Ireland I hear is 100%. Isn't that deadly?

So what is going on, why is the gov't so gung ho to let this happen? I know they're moronic but seriously, they can sit there knowing this stuff is rotten for us yet OKAY it to happen? Is this how they're going to control the masses?

I'm sick. I do not know what to do. We couldn't even START an underground healthy food market because every thing seems to have Monsanto stuck into it some way or the other. I'm truly sick.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Isn't corn used for ethanol? Dear god the poor cars are going to be destroyed by the GM corn. A sad day for all

top topics

<<   2 >>

join