It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's ATS turning into?!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Originally posted by paradox

Anyways, you already admitted that you did believe. I knew you had it in you!

Yes, I believe in my disbelief.

This does not really get you anywhere.
At least not where you're trying to go.

Yes it has, it has gone against everything you've said, which is, "I don't have a belief regarding the existence of God"

You clearly do, and now you can admit it.

For some reason?

I disbelieve in the existence of god.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Yes, but you have been using that definition the whole time for your reason why you don't have a belief. And if you have been trolling the whole time about it, then what does that say about your opinion of GLP? Maybe you have one foot over there, because you like it!

I hate GLP.
I am banned over there anyway, they randomly ban tons of IPs to get you to pay for a premium membership.

I take that as a childish insult.

I could believe that. But should I?
Your words still sound like you got GLP in you.

I have been a member of this site for 9 years.

So what? You've been barely a member for that time. I was lurking for a long time before I signed up. So what?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

You should say, "I believe that God doesn't exist", instead of hiding your position.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

\

I have been a member of this site for 9 years.

So what? You've been barely a member for that time. I was lurking for a long time before I signed up.

I was in the Marine Corps, I kept up with everything here even though I didn't post.

So what?

So obviously I appreciate this website more than GLP, otherwise I would have been over there for the past 9 years. I had an account there a long time ago and was disgusted at the content (mush worse than here, but the more recent influx of banned people from GLP to this site could explain the crap content) so I never bothered posting there.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

You should say, "I believe that God doesn't exist", instead of hiding your position.

Believing that god doesn't exist would still be a rejection of theistic claims AKA atheism....where are you trying to go with this?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I was in the Marine Corps, I kept up with everything here even though I didn't post.

But your posts are baiting and misleading. There are others on here that do the same thing, and it's exactly the quality you say you don't like in GLP.

Ironic

So what?

So obviously I appreciate this website more than GLP, otherwise I would have been over there for the past 9 years. I had an account there a long time ago and was disgusted at the content (mush worse than here, but the more recent influx of banned people from GLP to this site could explain the crap content) so I never bothered posting there.

You said you were banned. Why are you now talking like you can go back? Are you a part of that influx of people?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Believing that god doesn't exist would still be a rejection of theistic claims AKA atheism....where are you trying to go with this?

The same place I've gone with it for the dozens of posts I've exchanged with you. You were there, weren't you?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

But your posts are baiting and misleading. There are others on here that do the same thing, and it's exactly the quality you say you don't like in GLP.

Ironic

There you go with vagueness. Do you have any examples of this?
I have only provided facts and definitions.

You said you were banned. Why are you now talking like you can go back?

I am. Where did I talk like I can go back? Can you show me?

Are you a part of that influx of people?

Yeah...seeing as I joined 9 years ago I would have to say I am not.

GLP periodically does random mass bans of its members. There was another mass banning about 2 or 3 months ago.

ETA: Let me correct myself. Hell, they even ban the IP addresses of people who just visit the site to lurk. Not only members.
edit on 3-28-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

The same place I've gone with it for the dozens of posts I've exchanged with you. You were there, weren't you?

Yes and I have not understood any point you were trying to make.

An atheist is an atheist is an atheist.

No matter which way you try to twist it, it is still a rejection of theism. A disbelief. The nonacceptance of theistic claims.

Comprende?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

There you go with vagueness. Do you have any examples of this?
I have only provided facts and definitions.

It's not vague at all, its only about half of my posts in response to you. And that makes you the person you're talking about in your OP.

I know, it's OK unless you do it and no one points it out for you.

I am. Where did I talk like I can go back? Can you show me?

You said you would go back it you didn't hate it so much.

Yeah...seeing as I joined 9 years ago I would have to say I am not.

So what? Just because you signed up here long ago doesn't mean that you weren't a long contributor there, why should I believe that?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

It's not vague at all, its only about half of my posts in response to you. And that makes you the person you're talking about in your OP.

I know, it's OK unless you do it and no one points it out for you.

Except you have not pointed out a single thing.
You are saying I am not an atheist, because of failure to comprehend the definition.

I have provided the definition, and you just keep talking, still proving that I am an atheist either way.

It seems like you are trolling, almost.

You said you would go back it you didn't hate it so much.

I did?

So what? Just because you signed up here long ago doesn't mean that you weren't a long contributor there, why should I believe that?

True.
Don't really care if you believe it or not.

I am not going to start a crusade based on your lack of belief, like some people tend to do.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Yes and I have not understood any point you were trying to make.

Yet, you suddenly do. Could you tell me where exactly where you got what I was saying?

An atheist is an atheist is an atheist.

Sure, but it doesn't presume that they don't believe in the idea that God doesn't exist.

No matter which way you try to twist it, it is still a rejection of theism. A disbelief. The nonacceptance of theistic claims.

Again, with the baiting...

WHERE have I said that atheism DOES NOT reject the idea of theism AKA the belief that God DOES exist?

I think you are more GLP than anything.
edit on 28-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Yet, you suddenly do. Could you tell me where exactly where you got what I was saying?

I'm positive I just said I don't.

Sure, but it doesn't presume that they don't belief in the idea that God doesn't exist.

it does not presume that we do not believe in the idea that god does not exist.

what? Atheists are not theists. We do not believe in the existence of god. Your consistent use of double negatives isn't going to confuse me, so nice try.

Again, with the baiting...

You must be confusing facts with 'baiting' again.

WHERE have I said that atheism DOES NOT reject the idea of theism AKA the belief that God DOES exist.

When you were telling me the definition of atheism is wrong, and that I am not an atheist.

I think you are more GLP than anything.

Now this is baiting.
I'm going to have to ask you politely to attempt to be more mature and cease your trolling. I would hate to have to get your posts removed.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I'm positive I just said I don't.

You said it,

I believe that I disbelieve theism. There you go!

So you had to know sometime before that point. So lets hear it. When did you know?

what? Atheists are not theists. We do not believe in the existence of god. Your consistent use of double negatives isn't going to confuse me, so nice try.

You're doing it again.

You must be confusing facts with 'baiting' again.

Your facts are no good.

When you were telling me the definition of atheism is wrong, and that I am not an atheist.

I never said the definition of atheism was wrong, I said it was wrong how you apply it to yourself, but you enjoy living a lie, apparently.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Now this is baiting.
I'm going to have to ask you politely to attempt to be more mature and cease your trolling. I would hate to have to get your posts removed.

I'm confident that if a moderator reviewed all of our exchanges ( unfortunely long exchanges) they would see what I'm saying. So go report them.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

So you had to know sometime before that point. So lets hear it. When did you know?

What did I 'know sometime before that point' ?

Your facts are no good.

Facts are facts, kind sir.
But this shows, once again, your blatant disregard for them.

Can you give me an example of a fact that is 'no good' ?
(hilarious oxymoron btw. kudos)

I never said the definition of atheism was wrong, I said it was wrong how you apply it to yourself, but you enjoy living a lie, apparently.

can you show me how I applied it wrongly? I thought we cleared this up in this post. Apparently that is still not simple enough for you.

Oh well.
I guess you will never learn. I am still an atheist as I reject theistic claims, as has already been said numerous times. Yet you continue an argument...why? Baiting is the only thing that comes to mind here.

Well, it's a beautiful day out. I think I'm going to go to the forest preserve with my girlfriend. Thanks for the lengthy discussion, although it didn't really get anywhere. Still nice to pass the time

Peace.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

What did I 'know sometime before that point' ?

You affirmed that you do believe that God doesn't exist. Which is exactly what I was demonstrating to you the entire time, in many ways. And that is what you couldn't seem to grasp.

You constantly acted like you have no belief either way on the existence of God, like you have a non-position, but that's not true.

Facts are facts, kind sir.
But this shows, once again, your blatant disregard for them.

Can you give me an example of a fact that is 'no good' ?
(hilarious oxymoron btw. kudos)

If you thought you had a non-postion on the existence of God, you're wrong. That's a bad fact.

And your response is going to be, "But I'm an atheist and that's what an atheist is, you can't lie to me about the dictionary"

LOL

can you show me how I applied it wrongly? I thought we cleared this up in this post. Apparently that is still not simple enough for you.

I like how you have my quote on the top that distinctly says "You reject the claims of theism...."

Notice that you left out the rest of what I said?

"...but you accept the claim that God doesn't exist. It's a belief based on the existence of God, AND YOU HAVE IT"

You do my work for me very well!

You are so in denial that I can't believe you are, so you must be a GLP flunky.

Oh well.
I guess you will never learn. I am still an atheist as I reject theistic claims, as has already been said numerous times. Yet you continue an argument...why? Baiting is the only thing that comes to mind here.

Sure, and you accept the belief that God doesn't exist. But you won't acknowledge that, accept in your single post, so you are baiting.

Well, it's a beautiful day out. I think I'm going to go to the forest preserve with my girlfriend. Thanks for the lengthy discussion, although it didn't really get anywhere. Still nice to pass the time

Tell her about your new found belief for me!

edit on 28-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Please don't report me!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
ATS is a data farm to see the underlining thoughts from people.

because if they ask by TPTB on one one what we thought most

would clam up in fear of retribution.

what better way to hear what people really think and when civil unrest, or revolution might get sparked.

occams razor.

makes sense and its simple.

but what do i know?....

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
they record social media chats.

ATS. would be a gold mine.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join