It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My worst fear has came true, unfortunately.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by Manhater

ask her if she thinks shes pretty enough to be a stripper?

Yeah, I don't think so. She definitely does not know that stage or comprehension.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I dont know much else to tell you,,,,,,,,,

i can feel bad for you and her....

you can pray things will work out for her....

or you can intervene and direct her in a more stable/coherent/intelligent/cooperative/happy direction

if no change is made,,, no change can be made,,,,,, you are a hopeless spectator,, or you are the creator and controller of the games.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I've tried. She won't eat it. Has to be Mc Donalds.

And there lies the root of it all. It does not HAVE to be McDonald's unless someone caves and buys it for her. Does she have a job to pay for it? If not, just don't buy it for her, and soon enough she will get hungry enough to eat anything.....or starve. She may have mental issues, and I hope she gets help, but it sounds like everyone is scared of her, and she uses it to get her way. I hope you can be free of this soon....it's not healthy for you.

Another thought....has she been tested for schizophrenia? I'm thinking it is very possible from all I have heard of her behavior.....and left untreated, you could be in danger if she "goes off".
edit on 3/15/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

This is a 16 yr old whose age level is at age 4/5 okay. It is little difficult for her to comprehend and for her to comprehend others around her. You have to work with her.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Has she seen a professional about this? She probably needs medication.....and if she wouldn't take it...she needs to be hospitalized and forced to take it (IF she is diagnosed with a mental health problem) If she is found not to have a mental problem, then you should let the law deal with her. Tell her if she wants to live under YOUR roof, that she WILL follow the rules and respect you....and if she starts ranting and talking about scissors, you will have her commited. Then let HER make the choice. I would also tell your sister that if she does not demand the same respect, and stop coddling her daughter, that you will have no choice but to drop them off at the homeless shelter. They have no right to stay in your house and disrespect it.....unless you allow it. I know that sounds harsh.....but this girl strikes me as a potentially dangerous person.
edit on 3/15/2012 by StealthyKat because: sp

edit on 3/15/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Has she seen a professional about this? She probably needs medication.....and if she wouldn't take it...she needs to be hospitalized and forced to take it (IF she is diagnosed with a mental health problem) If she is found not to have a mental problem, then you should let the law deal with her. Tell her if she wants to live under YOUR roof, that she WILL folloow the rules and respect you....and if she starts ranting and talking about scissors, you will have her commited. Then let HER make the choice. I would also tell your sister that if she does not demand the same respect, and stop coddling her daughter, that you will have no choice but to drop them off at the homeless shelter. They have no right to stay in your house and disrespect it.....unless you allow it. I know that sounds harsh.....but this girl strikes me as a potentially dangerous person.
edit on 3/15/2012 by StealthyKat because: sp

Like I told her doctor today. She is a danger right now, and she needs to be hospitalized. I also agreed with him on the coddling. He sees it, I see it. That's why she runs over mom like a mack truck. She doesn't run over me, only when she gets into her modes of non-comprehension does she do that. I don't know what's going on in her mind right now. But right now, we need to get the bottom of it. That is the most important thing. We know the source is stemming from the separation of her father, and couple of months of outburst, okay, I understand that, but, now this is going overboard.

She does have a psychologist, but she can't see him everyday. Right now, that is what she needs. I think the school should also get one. In case she doesn't want to go to class, then she go speak with the counselor. I think because they tried to force her today, that is why she became more violent. If they didn't force her and left her where she was at, she may of went in on her own or just sat there all day being quiet.

She is already committed right now, but because she's acting good for the moment, he's just going to send her home, probably tomorrow. I don't doubt it. He might keep her and place her in a facility. I don't know yet. I told her doctor to take everything out of her room, and she gets nothing for the day. The ER is not a game.

Yeah, I told him that too, that I possibly believe that she is a disorganized schizophrenic and not an Autistic. But he said he can't be the one to do the re-evaluation of that, and is going to try to get to another neurologist who can properly diagnose her. I believe she was misdiagnosed. But, because they have already labeled her as an Autistic, he has to treat her as Autistic.

Guess will see.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by juleol

My eggs aren't good enough.

The eggs are probably OK but most fast food is too high in salt, sugar and fats and the drinks (even the lemonade) has caffeine (I wouldn't put it past them to have 'salted' the buns & other foods with caffeine either).

Diet influences mood.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
do you mind me asking why you've decided to take on the responsibility of taking care of her when she is your sisters kid?

also what are her personal beliefs, if you're aware of them? what are her thought patterns, whats running in her mind?
depending on her age, boy troubles? lack of sex? or family issues? deep seated hatred of someone or something.

I get really pissed when people question me about irrelevent things or do things that don't make sense.

i'm guessing you can't have a heart to heart and find out?
edit on 15-3-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
do you mind me asking why you've decided to take on the responsibility of taking care of her when she is your sisters kid?

also what are her personal beliefs, if you're aware of them? what are her thought patterns, whats running in her mind?
depending on her age, boy troubles? lack of sex? or family issues? deep seated hatred of someone or something.

I get really pissed when people question me about irrelevent things or do things that don't make sense.

i'm guessing you can't have a heart to heart and find out?
edit on 15-3-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

Read the damn thread.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Her mother has problems too. I will say mentally. Probably depression. [she is famous for the malingering and factitious disorders, she makes up a new illness everyday]. Totally annoying, because it's like, now what's wrong with you. She doesn't know when to stop talking. One those people who like to hear themselves and has to explain in detail every little thing.

I mean if she has dealt with this for 16 years, I can't imagine what toll this taken on her.

She is blind right now and doesn't want to see how dangerous her daughter has become. I believe she is scared of her daughter. I know I am, I know my dog is. She knew of this child actions before she came down here, and knew that the child needed in home placement but never did it.So, I'm doing it because this situation is no laughing matter and is escalating into an area where someone is going to get hurt.

Yes, the child is into boys right now. Plus has no friends. So I also believe this a part of it. She's lonely, and that's why she looks to me like I'm her supposed girlfriend.

It's really a sad situation where I hope I can provide the help they need.

Doctor would like me to let them hit rock bottom. But, clearly they need help, or nothing is going to change between either one of them.
edit on 16-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

reply to post by juleol

OK, I have defended you in the past but....

If she won't eat what you make, then she can go hungry, she will eat eventually. She just needs to get hungry enough. Under no circumstances get her Mc Donalds again!!! It is not neglect if she has food available to eat, even if she won't eat it because she doesn't like it.
Yes I know she gets violent, well let her and get it on tape. call 911 or what ever the number is where you are at and let the operator hear her. Do this every time, eventually the police will get tired of being called out and will make sure the right person pays attention.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Yep, I'm taping everything, everyday. Unfortunately my battery died the night she was screaming for the scissors and hitting her mom. If I was recording, she may have stopped. I don't know.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
She needs some xanax

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Screw that, give me the xanax.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
She is no damn child at sixteen.I don't know about the US,but at sixteen she is legally responsible,able to get a job,and get married(with parents consent).You need to let her know that she is an asshole,and you are not having any of it.And where is the father in all this?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by adnachiel21

She is mentally incapacitated. Right now she is a child. She is not an adult. Father walked out.She will never be able to hold a job. None that I can foresee.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

reply to post by juleol

Sorry but that is BS! If you cook food for her, especially food that she eats, then she will eat it or go hungry. No off to McDonalds or wherever for a treat. You are rewarding and re-inforcing bad behaviour. And the child will not starve to death if she misses out on one meal.

BTW - I suggest you do some research on MSG and other food additives. Some of these chemicals are more addictive than coc aine and have other side effects.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Elentarri

Never heard of MSG, I look into it. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

There, I told her mother today, they better find a new place to live and tomorrow I am going to go get the evict notice. Can't do it today, I have to work soon. She came home from school today and tried to attack my dog, then tried to hurt herself outside thinking it was fun. I am done. She is way too crazy for me. She wanted to go the hospital, she's at the hospital. I give up. The mom is begging and pleading to me to wait until the first before I do it. I don't know if I can. That is way too long.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

(From your computer thread)

The eviction lasted long didn't it? Why don't you stop being an enabler and put your foot down and show her who really rules in the house? Otherwise she is gonna have her way with you forever. You act all innocent thinking you have done nothing wrong but you and her mother have! You can't raise a child by accepting everything they ask for and letting them be violent and have no godamn consequences!! Take people's advice for once and throw her out if she is so much trouble. But clearly as you didn't do it last time you clearly LOVE the drama.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

reply to post by adnachiel21

She is mentally incapacitated. Right now she is a child. She is not an adult. Father walked out.She will never be able to hold a job. None that I can foresee.

If she has the mental age of a 4 or 5 year old, then she truly is and always will be a 'child.'

Also, if she is autistic on top of that, the meltdowns and violence will be tough to deal with because he capacity for reason is poorer than an average 16 year old.

As far as food goes, if indeed she is autistic, food problems are common. And some autistic kids will refuse to eat anything but one or two items. They will not eat other things, even if starving. They will choose to starve over putting offensive (anything other than their one or two choices of food) in their mouths. This isn't just being picky or stubborn. This is a common autistic problem.

Dealing with autistic kids is really hard. But it sounds like she loves you. You might just hold the key to getting through to her. If she loves you and admires you, she might be able to be convinced to control some of her outbursts if she knew you didn't approve, and worked with her to find better alternatives.

But it sounds now as if her violence coupled with her mental incapacity is causing very serious issues. Even if she doesn't understand why she is locked up, she will need to be protected from herself. And she will need to be controlled so she doesn't harm others.

Edit to add: I don't know if she is autistic, but there have been studies done on the gut flora of autistic kids. Theirs is different. It might be due to a severe food allergy or to antibiotic use, but the result is a weird imbalance. Probiotics can help. So can a clean diet, but that doesn't fly if they won't eat it. They are looking at wheat and gluten sensitivity as well. But, yeah, if you can eliminate MSG, aspartame, and chemical additives, it wouldn't hurt.
edit on 16-3-2012 by JustSlowlyBackAway because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join