It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My worst fear has came true, unfortunately.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is not so much of a rant but just an update on her condition.

Hopefully this child will finally get the help she needs. Even though she attacked her mother the other night and no one wanted to do anything about it, especially the magistrate and the officers, when I was in my room and she was screaming "I want scissors", I could tell something was about to escalate with this child. It was the calm before the storm. I could just see it happening.

Well, we kept her home from school because of the school uniform issue and someone making a comment to her about it to try alleviate things for her, to keep her in a calm state, so this way she could be refreshed and happy when she goes to school today.

Well today, She took the bus to school, I'm not sure if anything is stemming from the bus because when she left here, she was in a happy state. But, the minute she reached school, she flew off the handle and tried to physically injure her principal, when they tried to put her in class.

Same thing that started it the other day, she wanted to cut class, but yet she wanted to take the bus to school just to get the breakfast.
. I had to laugh at that part.

If she just wanted breakfast, I would taken her to Mc Donald's.

I have never seen a child so angry in my entire life. My hat is off to those who deal with it on daily basis. I know I am about to lose my mind and patience with it all.

Thankfully, no one was seriously hurt. And I am finally glad that someone else has finally seen the aggressive state this child is in and has been in for 7 months. Because I know, her mother or I, is not making this up.

This child seriously needs help, and these hospitals better get on the ball to help us get her re-evaluated.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Record it and take with to the doctors office.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The child needs help?
You need help raising the child.

Kids do crazy stuff and act up all the time. You have to learn how to discipline them and reward good behavior.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I wish you'd keep all this info to the one thread.

No offense intended, it's just because I've missed a few threads on the child so I'm kind of lost with the story. Only the other day I was convinced she was still a 5 year old and I know you've been venting on here for a while. Must be murder for new members working out exactly what this is about.

A pseudonym would be helpful too. I keep imagining some nameless monster you keep under the stair called "the child". Though if she were mine I think she would be under the stairs.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I can not control what happens at school or on the bus. The child was fine and happy and excited to go to school today. Then when she got there, SHTF real quick. That's not a discipline issue. I think she may been bullied on the bus and when she got to school, didn't want to stay there.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You should bring her over to England. Drop her ass off at the corner of any housing estate, and then wait about 5 minutes for her to aggravate some local Chavs. They will quickly apply some much needed "Knockout Therapy".

There is a lot to be said about the effectiveness of peer "Review". Nothing like a few good beat-downs when growing up to help you evaluate ones position on acceptable behavior while in the company of others.

Then again... After reading your previous posts, Yourself and her mother are more to blame for this kids behavior than anyone. Placating this brat's tantrums and hissy-fits has only re-enforced the belief in this kid that acting like a savage will lead to her getting her own way and being rewarded.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I'll skip the judgmental stuff but have you looked at diet as a cause of this? Too much soda pop? Artificial food full of colourings, flavourings and preservatives? Step-aunt of mine had more or less the same kind of problems with her daughter and if my memory serves, artificial food was the culprit.

McDonalds is not food, no matter what they say. Same goes for processed food and just about every ready meal you can think of.

Also, consistency on your part is called for. No really does mean no, no matter what she does. Hope it helps and doesn't come across as a high horse answer. If she tires you out, drink coffee and stick to your guns. Good luck.
ETA Thought you were the Mom, in this case, her Mom needs to be the Mom and not the child.
edit on 15/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
The child needs help?
You need help raising the child.

Kids do crazy stuff and act up all the time. You have to learn how to discipline them and reward good behavior.

I agree. I can see that there is a child rearing issue at the base of all these posts about this child. Some of the things you say "Oh well" about or "I had to laugh" shows that you are setting bad examples. It seems you behavioural expectations are inconsistant between home and public. My kids pushed to see where the limits were, they found them, and they knew where the lines were that were not to be crossed without reprocussions. Set limits and stand by the punishments you set up. If this parent is leaning on you this much then they are admitting the kid has all the power. Don't be a mousey type, take you parental power and weild it like the king/queen of your household that you are.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Mcdonalds?? Why dont you make her a proper breakfast instead of that crap?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I have to ask for clarity: Is this child being raised by lesbians? I only ask because it sounds like you live with the mom and I was just curious if you are "domestic partners"

link   
reply to post by juleol

I've tried. She won't eat it. Has to be Mc Donalds.

My eggs aren't good enough.

link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein

I have to ask for clarity: Is this child being raised by lesbians? I only ask because it sounds like you live with the mom and I was just curious if you are "domestic partners"

Oh my. No, She's my sister. After having to face this child. It makes me never to want to have a child. Her parents are fault. You guys are right. This was dropped in my lap. This child had issues way before she came down here. But, I have never seen her issues escalate this far.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm not sure where you are, but has this child been referred to a psychologist for testing? I'm asking because my son had these same types of anger issues, flying off the handle, skipping school. He just could not control himself at all. I went through years of problems and doctors before he was properly diagnosed. There are no medications to tread his condition, but counseling can help. He is older now, and has learned a measure of control. I just wish I knew more and got better help for him earlier. I sure hope you can for her as well.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I can not control what happens at school or on the bus. The child was fine and happy and excited to go to school today. Then when she got there, SHTF real quick. That's not a discipline issue. I think she may been bullied on the bus and when she got to school, didn't want to stay there.

Quit guessing and get the info from the kid. If the kids is going to act that way then you have a right to an explaination. If the kids can not give anything to help then punishment is due.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This is the absolute thing that happens when you take away the right to discipline your own child. Now days you can not do that. Not to mention they pump them full of rash ideas. I was raised with an iron fist. Not exactly the right way to do it but I did learn right from wrong. If I messed up, I got punished. Cant do that now, they know it too. I remember one who threatened her mom with child abuse. Mom came right back with mom abuse, dig that. Worked though.
If they want to behave like an animal, then I say give that style of treatment. There is always military school/boarding school too. Discipline is a mandatory thing in growing up right. Too much on the other hand can do more damage.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

Right now her punishment is committed into a hospital with nothing in her room and no visitors. Don't know how else to tell her she is wrong. She doesn't understand. Either that or she's playing us. Knows she's wrong but acting like she doesn't know she's wrong.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by Turkenstein

Oh my. No, She's my sister. After having to face this child. It makes me never to want to have a child. Her parents are fault. You guys are right. This was dropped in my lap. This child had issues way before she came down here. But, I have never seen her issues escalate this far.

Thank you. That eliminates that possibility. This child needs disipline and is looking for you guys to step up, but apparently you think some of it is funny or not worth making the child account for. This child is acting out because it is accepted. If it is a bully then your child will have to find a way to resolve or avoid. It is a part of life. We all have some kind of difficulty to deal with, what if we all just thought it was exceptable to throw a fit and run away because our mommy and our aunty will take us to McD's for our trouble.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Explanation: Hmmmm?

If she just wanted breakfast, I would taken her to Mc Donald's.

Personal Disclosure: Yoda says ...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
She has mental capacity issues A-gensis of the corpus colostrum/Autism/ signs of bi-polarness/maybe schizophrenia. I don't know, this is what I have seen and have been told. Boarding school/Boot camp will not take her because that.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I am surprised she wasn't arrested, charged with a felony or two, thrown into jail, and awaiting her appearance before the judge. Then she would have served some jail time, and sent to a special school for trouble makers, if she is lucky.

You have another chance, but how to fix it I do not know...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join