It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi from a beginning writer/social commentator, the Alien Anthropologist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hi all, I'm very new here - no long time lurker, so my apologies if I make a blunder! My sister recommended that I check you out as some of the things I've been writing over the last year seem to fit within the 'alternative' scene exemplified by ATS. So yes, there is a certain amount of self interest to my motivations, but hopefully you'll understand why. I've written a number of essays on a variety of subjects, the main ones being a critique of popular culture and philosophical meditations. I'm not sure what compelled me to write them, perhaps having left University there was a creative urge that wasn't being met, but having done so I wasn't sure what to do with them. Obviously I think they are worthwhile reading but it would be nice to get some feedback, good or bad, so that I can learn from the experience you know? (see how trained to seek approval the education system has left me!) I started writing a blog under the identity of the Alien Anthropologist, the main theme of which is social and cultural commentary from an implied outsider's perspective (hence the alien). I think it's occasionally funny, but probably too much like Charlie Brooker.

I won't post a link to my blog as having read the rules I think that's a no-no. I'll hang around and try to absorb a bit about ATS - I've already found some interesting articles and the community seems to be friendly. So I guess that's my introduction, hopefully someone will say hi and can give me some pointers!

Thanks for reading,

AA

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienAnthropologist

Welcome to ATS!

ATS is......unique. Lots of fun, lots of ire. Always something to make me laugh.

Look forward to seeing you on the boards!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Sound like a well rounded addition to the site. Here's a video memo sort of reminder that we're not just about
conspiracy here. It's about the tooth I mean truth.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Welcome AA, I think you will enjoy your stay. We have lots of material and sources to sift through, and many colorful members from all walks. There is some immaturity and trolling, to be expected I guess, but overall this is the best place for like minded truth seekers.
A mod will be along with the guidelines and tips. Be sure to use the search function, because more than likely, if it happened, it is here somewhere.
You might be interested in our current writing competition, which we have every now and then throughout the year. Also our short story forum is open for writing all year.
enjoy your stay and I look forward to your contributions.

Peace,
spec

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Welcome to your new addiction....

You'll fit in nicely. Enjoyed your intro, and look forward to reading your input.

Des

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hi , and WELCOME to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community

You are right, you cannot post your blog w/out owner approval. That can be found in the T&C.

In the meantime here is some information that will help your stay here..

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only.

Remember the introduction forum is for new member introductions only (please read) and you need 20 posts before you can start a topical thread.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Terms & Conditions - Please fully read!!

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Signature Guidelines

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

Have a great time here

greeneyedleo (aka GEL)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Wow, thanks all for the welcome. Particularly speculativeoptimist, I will check out the writing comp straight away.

GEL thanks for the heads up. It would seem I'm one of those rare birds that reads the forum rules before posting, hence no link.

I look forward to exploring ATS and its unique brand of chewy info-nuggets.

Thanks again,

AA

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Welcome!

i, despite lurking for many years, am brand new to the world of posting myself. i am sure we will have a good time learning to use the site together.

Much Love!

new topics

top topics

join