It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria to host aid monitors; death toll reported near 10,000, Same Death Count As In Bosnia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
CNN

More than 8,000 civilians have been killed during the Syrian crisis, the United Nations says. Opposition activists said the overall toll is more than 9,000, mostly civilians. The numbers have exceeded 9,700 and are "fast approaching 10,000," said Rafif Jouejati, spokeswoman for the Local Coordination Committees of Syria, an opposition activist network.

CNN Little propaganda text
"City after city, town after town, Syria's security forces are using their scorched earth methods
Really the same tactics the mainstream news outlets have said that gaddafi used? but didn't?

"It is urgent to break the cycle of violence, stop military operations against civilians and prevent a further militarization of the conflict in Syria," Ban said.

But this only gets Better people are starting to wake up! just look at the comments at the comment section!

So in 6 months it was 8 thousand, and two days after that was said its now 10,000? You expect me to believe this?
So in 6 months it was 8 thousand, and two days after that was said its now 10,000? You expect me to believe this?

These numbers are like the ones reported during Iraq for both civilians AND TROOPS. Unbelievable and FAKE.

Of course there always people who buy and believe CNN propaganda.

It is an absolute shame to the civilized democracies to stand by and watch innocent woman and children get massacred by a mad man who thinks he owns Syria. Shame on Russia and China and Iranian evil Islamic regime that are assisting Assad's regime to kill its own people. AND shame on those in here with none sense comments that approve Assad’s killing.

well its not surprising he or she believes it look at CNN on what they added in the article children what better way to support a intervention then to use children as an image for a viewer mind making him believe CNN story?

dont get me wrong it is tragic what is happening Syria i did some diggings and it seems there are two or three terrorist groups supporting,aiding the rebels already a few members of the Syrian NTC have quit it.

Surprised CNN didn't report that, well its not the first time i also have tweeted Anderson Cooper on twitter and asked Why hasn't CNN Reported that Terrorist groups are helping the Syrian rebels?

Still no response and its funny that in this article it mentions this.

According to the state-run Syrian Arab News Agency, government security forces, which have been bombarding the city of Idlib, cleared it of "terrorist" elements, confiscated explosives and weapons and battled "armed terrorist groups" in the surrounding countryside.

CNN cannot independently confirm reports of casualties or attacks in Syria because the government has severely restricted the access of international journalists.
CNN cannot independently confirm reports of casualties or attacks in Syria because the government has severely restricted the access of international journalists.

If CNN cannot independently confirm reports of casualties or attacks in Syria then Why are they reporting the numbers from the opposition groups?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Nice catch on the specifics of the statements and how this is becoming a parody of reality over there. Who knows what reality really is...but the fact they use the Unconfirmed qualifications as often as they do, as major news outlets, tells me they have no idea either.

It reminds me of Iraqi troops throwing newborns to the floor to die there so they could loot the incubators from the ICU units of Kuwaiti Medical facilities. They didn't even use "unconfirmed" back then...and it had about as much truth as reports of Santa Clause carried by NORAD and NASA every year.

Stay skeptical!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

They didn't even use "unconfirmed" back then...and it had about as much truth as reports of Santa Clause carried by NORAD and NASA every year.

Ow Oh i know that one! that trick is so easy to figure out and the illusion of the Myth Santa Clause however when i have kids i have tell them that he exists i dont want them to be heart broken at such young age.

NORAD is just tracking a Drone that fly's every year and that acts as Santa Clause i mean honestly if there were any pilots that were really following Santa why haven't they come out and admit it to the news outlets that he exits?

I mean even the Canadian Air force can also track him by sending pilots so why haven't they?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Why did you mention Bosnia in the title, when it's not mention anywhere in the text?

Again, propaganda?

edit on 15-3-2012 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
i am increasingly concerned with the validity of news coming out of the region, it is very difficult to make an informed opinion. who are the bad guys in the situation? if we oust the current regime will the next regime be worse? the middle east has been a boiling pot for a long time now and it seems its ready to blow, i am worried about what this spring/summer will bring about.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Seems that instead of going to a news stand to get our news, we need to be going to the DNC headquarters....
Anything for a vote.....

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
Why did you mention Bosnia in the title, when it's not mention anywhere in the text?

Again, propaganda?

Its because this the nearly same death toll The western mainstream news outlets in Bosnia and there war propaganda and there support for a NATO led Intervention which it worked.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by Nikola014

Again, propaganda?

Its because this the nearly same death toll The western mainstream news outlets in Bosnia and there war propaganda and there support for a NATO led Intervention which it worked.

The total deatholl in Bosnia by the end of the war was around 100,000 if i recall it. 100,000 in total, Bosnians, Serbs and Croats.
Im guessing that you are refering to the genocide in Srebrenica, am i right? Propaganda? Hardly a propaganda. There is enough evidence of the number.

The Trial Chamber in the Krstić case heard evidence of intercepted conversations between VRS soldiers, including the accused, which corroborates the fact that Bosnian Serb forces killed between 7,000 to 8,000 Bosnian Muslim prisoners.
srebrenica-genocide.blogspot.com...

Even Bosnian Serbs estimated that there was around 7000 - 8000 victims.

As of June 2011, 6594 genocide victims have been identified through DNA analysis of body parts recovered from mass graves[28] and 5,138 victims have been buried at the Memorial Centre of Potočari.
en.wikipedia.org...

What more proof do you want ?
6594 are identified untill today, and they are stil finding those massgraves.

Sorry, i dont see any connection between Bosnia and Syria.

top topics

join