It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trinidad UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I am not sure if this short YouTube clip has ever been posted on here but if it has, I apologize.

What I see is a person filming a stationary object in the sky and at around 30 seconds into the clip, the object just disappears or flies away at a tremendous speed. Not sure what to make of it..CGI, fake, hoax, real...who knows.

Object appears to be cigar or flat saucer shaped but hard to tell due to distance from camera.

Also, beware there is some profanity used by the person filming this video.

Has anyone analyzed this video clip yet? Please share thoughts.

edit on 15-3-2012 by Jaellma because: comma after subject line

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Looks a little questionable to me. Would be nice to know what language that is and get a translation, but there is one word I think everyone will understand lol

anyways, my issues with this are two:

a) The object, while apparently matching the camera shakes, seems to kinda jump around compared to the background. To me, having worked with 3d software and specifically camera matching, it appears to be cgi or an overlay that doesn't match the camera motion perfectly, which is to be expected, that's quite hard to do well. This of course could merely be an artifact of conversion to youtube.

b) the camera starts to pan away from the UFO then it just "blinks" out, 1 frame it's there, the next it's not, no distrail in the clouds, no motion blur, it appears that the layer with the ufo just stops. This as well could be related to a frame rate issue with converting to youtube.

But think about this for a second. You are witnessing a massive hovering craft not that far away, and are video taping this. Are you going to center the camera on this object, zoom in, and keep it in frame until it disappears? Or are you going to pan away, almost completely losing the object, just as it disappears?

I know what my opinion is, I'm interested to hear others.....

Is there no outlet for ufo videos in the original format? youtube converts, conversion, even transcoding, reduces our ability to inspect the video. Someone, maybe ATS, needs to setup a file dump for UFO videos in their original and unconverted format, preserving all data, time stamps, camera info, and most importantly, the quality of the video itself.

If I had the original of this, I could do a frame by frame on the object when it appears to be jumping, and when it "blinks" out, but from a youtube video? complete waste of time.

For example....

My cell phone creates videos in 3gp format (or some combination of those characters). If I want to upload that to youtube, I've got to convert it to a format youtube can handle, 3gp to avi is really fast, but even when setting the bitrates to maximum, there is a noticeable drop in video quality. Once that gets converted AGAIN by youtube, it's even less clear.

edit on 15-3-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

There are several things that point out hoax for this video
1 .. The way he casually walks to the door with the camera , not exited in the least .
2 .. I know its Trinidad and its people are laid back , but I would expect a little excitement in his voice .
3....The video title ... *REAL CLIP* ...like we need to be told its not fake .
Finally the UFO itself , the way it shoots of looks typical CGI IMO

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Whoever is filming this is being very nonchalant about it. I can barely make out what he is saying due to a thick accent or something, but he seems to be saying "Theres thing im seeing up in the sky, blah, blah" and apparently really doesnt think its nothing spectacular.

If there really was something to see, he should have been zooming in and kept on recording it instead of moving out of focus

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Im not an after effects pro...but Ive seen enough videos (too many) and read enough comments by those who use it......that "zipping" out of the camera view is a common tool used on after effects....and it is commonly found in CGI "ufo" vids....

Other than that, there is zero to go on. I check out his YT channel, that is his only upload. However, him pointing out "real clip" is like a marketing tool IMO....you shouldnt have to point out something is real

I believe it is CGI, but I cant give you a play by play why other than my comment above

*shrug*
edit on March 15th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
yeah , even if, and this is a strong if, I saw a UFo i the sky and I had a cam nearby, I would not be walking around trying to be cool on cam, I'd be more excited than a lil girl who got her 1st awesome rad toy on xmas, yelling, going DAMN look look look, cam pointed at the object before I even got outside.

This guy is like, yeah it's another ufo in the sky, I was just trying to enjoy my darn day, but no this ufo had to come and mess up the vibe, here lemme cus a bit for added emotion, (#(*$ *#*$# (@*&#(*$&$*#*#

no thank you, stuff is in the sky, you'd be on that like a gnat in your eye.

And to agree with above posted, that effect is the same used for audio fades, only take two times and let the computer line up the object in using a variable of 1 or 2, to make it look smooth and real from one location to another.
edit on 13-1-2020 by ETs because: We are Out there

edit on 15-3-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: because I said so

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

You don't know where Trinidad is? The camera man is speaking English, for the most part, maybe there's a little Spanish in there as well. It is hard to understand him but I can make out the F word quite well

Interesting video, definitely open to criticism, like where did the UFO in question go? At :30 seconds it there and then at :31 it's gone, and the way it disappears leads one to think CGI hoax. But then again, if UFOs are really alien driven craft I suppose they have badass technology

edit on 15-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Looks fake as hell.

Going to stick it in after effects and see whats going on
Il report back with a vid in a 5 mins or so, as i believe it will only take a short time to debunk

ETA: Computer is slow....will post my finding asap

edit on 15-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills
I say fake.

When I'm taping something I usually center the camera on what ever I'm filming. It seems the operator in this video just needed some footage to add the UFO in later. He centers his shot on the sky with the object slightly off the the right. I don't buy it. Also, it makes no sense to get a shot of an object, in that proximity, without ever zooming in on it. Of course you need a panned out shot to gain perspective but a close up is equally as important.
The main reason I say fake is the disappearing act. It doesn't look right to me. Plus, the camera man wasn't too worried about getting out there to record this object. However, I'm no expert and it never hurts to post a video for others to check out.

TXML

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Well, since the video is short, I did a "translation" for you. BTW, he is speaking English, but with Trini creole, as they call it. His accent is thick and he was slurring his words a little and no, there is no Spanish language involved.

I think I was able to decipher ~90% of what he is saying.

Here goes...

Facebook viewers, I just want to know something...I now come out of my [snip] house wanting to buy something at the shop (store). Tell me if you not seeing this thing in the sky < unintelligible>...I doubt I going [snip] mad...I really doubt so...can't believe ...don't have a [snip] zoom on this... People, me nah know (I don't know) what to say...damn that is a [snip] ...what is that [snip]...is that boy???...yeah, we going......

Also, if you listen real closely at around the 10 sec mark in the video, you can definitely hear a mechanical sound..sounds like he was trying to work the zoom on the camera but was unsuccessful.

So, not saying the video is real but just wondering about that weird sound.

Could the zoom have been faulty on his camera hence the sound and also the fumbling with the camera?

Just asking.

edit on 15/3/12 by masqua because: Removed censor circumvention from quoted portion

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Thanks for that friend. I do know where Trinidad is, no clue they spoke English there, and the guy is indeed slurring, possibly drunk. The only things I made out besides the cursing was

..."something in the sky" and ...."zoom" which is where you hear him clicking or something with the camera, no zoom though.

I'm still leaning towards post processing effect myself, and a half-assed job at that. At least most of the videos make an attempt, this just "blinks" out.

don't get me wrong, I've love for this to be real, but my spidy sense started tingling the instant I watched the object, then the fact that dude is calmly walking around video taping, what could be a massive alien invasion ship, then starts to pan away from it.

This much I can assure you, if I saw something like that, i'd be stuck on it like glue, zoomed in to all heck, and shaky too, cause my adrenaline would be pumping. i'm not going to fault the guy for only having 1 video posted, and I'm not going to fault him for putting *real* in the name, the video speaks for itself, not much else to say.

It doesn't look right to me.

Exactly, depending on the camera's frame rate, it appears that object was there in 1 frame, and gone in the other, no transition, no blur, no movement, no shrinking, just gone.

almost as if the overlay of the "craft" was, oh, 30 seconds long, and the runtime of the video was 45 seconds long (hypothetical), it screams at me.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

almost as if the overlay of the "craft" was, oh, 30 seconds long, and the runtime of the video was 45 seconds long (hypothetical), it screams at me.

Good point...............the timing does seem thrown off.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Right.....looked at in in Vegas pro and AE.

Cant find anything wrong with stabilization or tracking. But that does not mean its legit
He most probably tracked it from the 2 buildings as they are large, and defined enough to keep the object stationary in the vid. I also think this because at the end as the camera scrolls left the object disappears. (nothing to stabilize to from then on). My opinion, based on using the software for some time

The "ufo" does disappear over 2 frames as stated earlier.

Searched google for Gubs09, and only come up with a fishing forum that is no longer active, a yoga forum and hundreds of links to the Youtube vid.

Im pretty certain it is faked. Although at this stage i cannot prove it.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

You probably wont find anything wrong with the motion tracking because they did a good job at leaving the entire horizon and all those buildings in the view so they can use them as perfect tracking points. The only time you will find tracking errors is when the shaking is extremely bad, and or there is very few good tracking points. It seems this video has both very good tracking points and very little shake. Seems like prime video for adding fake UFOs into.

The lack of zoom is suspicious. Most of the time hoaxers will not zoom in because the fake UFO is very low detail and it will just give the hoax away if they zoomed in. The UFO would look too fake. Other times they just don't know how to change the scale of the fake UFO to match the zoom rate so they don't zoom in. Other times they just want to keep the good tracking points in view so they stay zoomed out. Most of the time they will claim there camera doesn't have zoom so they can hide the above facts.

Either way, the way the UFO exists the video is just too fake. It's very common to make UFOs shoot out of view. The short length of the video is about normal for hoaxes too.

I don't see anything that convinces me this is real.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOGlobe

Yea thats what i discovered when i checked it.

As you say this has all the hallmarks of a hoax/fake.

As you say, with vids where there is a lot of camera movement or not a lot to track/stabilize to you can generally find flaws in the tracking. I believe the 2 buildings to the left were what he anchored it to. Thats how i stabilized it, so no doubt thats what he did.

Some are easier to disprove than others. This one screams hoax, yet unless i or anyone else can prove it....it will continue to be regarded as yet more proof that we are being visited.

I see it, you see it, others see it....but the vast majority who have never used software like AE wont have a clue and will argu until blue in the face.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hmm not so sure fake on this one, I can't say why he sounds so laid back because of T&C's but he sounds perfectly natural and like he's actually seeing something. I know people from Trinadad and this is how they are even straight. He is making the vid for his facebook page, asking his friends if he's really seeing something, looks like he's about done filming when it phases out, common trick in hoaxes, I know. Listen to him a few times and you'll understand. The atmosphere on the spot looks right, it almost looks like a darker cloud in the beginning, so if it's a hoax (more than likely) it probably was a cloud then faded out into transparency. Have your lol's but that's my opinion

new topics

top topics

join