It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there public videos of a same UFO from different vantage points?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

YT is not the place to find "truth" about this subject...... where is? dunno, but i would never scour YT looking for bids. Im pretty most of the vids out there have been posted here and discussed to death a zillion times...

Technically, ATS would be the place, or other like minded forums (IF, something was to come on the web). It is not to say that nothing of value will ever be posted on YouTube, but in the case that it does, it will likely originate from a lone channel or somewhere else on the web. Not the channels that are dedicated to releasing new videos, rehashed videos, daily or weekly for views. (Not to say that all videos won't end up there eventually)

Discussion forums that are vetting material at least present backstory, or try to. The difference between a random video posted on a sheilaaliens channel, and something that ends up here, is the backstory that comes with it, or that soon follows it.

Two types of interesting videos can come about. One being something purposely leaked from someone (which to be honest would probably end up in the hands of a news media source [who knows if they would release it?
) and the lone citizen who caught something outside of his house, or on his travels, that was unexplained to them.

Without back story to these releases they are all for nothing however. It's not hard for the lone citizen to say "I was at x place on x date doing x. I filmed this."

At the same time, zero backstory can be just as telling. It's in the middle of that where things begin to stink.

In the case of leaked footage/documents, there is always context to go with it. A la wikileaks.

Further to this whole issue, I'm surprised by the lack of originality with some of these people that are trying to make money of releasing bunk materials. Hoaxes are quite easy to perpetuate these days, and an intelligent mind could fool 90% of the population.

Just look at Alex Jones.

Oh wait,

did I just say he was intelligent.

edit on 15-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You might want to look at the Mexico City UFO which was videotaped by hundreds of people during a total solar eclipse in the early nineties. Although it happened during the daytime, there was no daylight due to the eclipse. You can find several different views of this event on the internet.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by greybeard1

Mis identification can affect many people at a time. The fact is what you see in the vids of this is a shiny object in the sky. Yea hundreds of people saw it....it doesnt make it aliens. To me it looks like a balloon of some sort, to you it looks like an alien ship. BECAUSE you have already decided its nothing from this world.

Hundreds of people saw a trail of balloons in the sky...cant remember the video name or location (il add it when i find it) they were all fooled too. Well, not fooled, just saw something they couldnt explain at the time. So some, not all started posting vids claiming aliens were coming to save us/kill us.

Just because 100 people cant explain something doesnt mean others cannot too.

People who upload vids with "UFO" in the title have generally already made up their mind that it cannot be explained by normal, everyday, mundane reasons. Hence the story becomes twisted, and/or fabricated to make it sound more believable to them, and others.

The videos i have seen from the eclipse are junk imo. They could be explained away by simple explanations. BUT that means, they stop making money from it. So the hoax is continued, nice little cash cow id imagine.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

You should read the OP and my response again. I simply answered his query about multiple witness ufo videos, without any opinions as to what the ufo was. Each person will come to their own conclusion as to what has been videotaped. Remember, ufo means unidentified flying object, not alien spaceship.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Sorry, i sometimes get ahead of myself, and type before thinking

All i am saying, where there are multiple angles or view points there is normally better footage which identifies the "UFO". Although, for the most part this is not viewed or taken into account. Normally its missed as people dont want the truth.

I think i mentioned in another thread, any video with UFO on Youtube will get far more hits than Debunked in the title.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I explained in detail how to obtain zoomed footage with data stamped on every frame simlutaneously from three locations a few miles apart, in an ATS thread. I just takes cooperation among a small group of people willing to be patient, make a serious effort, file an FOIA request for local FAA radar data once such footage was obtained, then put together a scientific report showing triangluation analysis of the footage and analysis of the radar data. Part of what the project requires is software to control pan/tilt mounts of three video cameras to coordinate their aiming and zooming in real time when a target is spotted. Cost is minimal, and participants supply their own equipment. All but three of the participants would only need a PC and would do their part at home in occasional one-hours shifts.

Getting the evidence

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Here's one I remember, not sure if it was debunked or what - tis one of my fave videos though! Pedro Hernandez, 2009. It's not in English but you really don't need it to be. Any explanation is welcome!

Angle 1

Angle 2

edit on 15-3-2012 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by greybeard1
You might want to look at the Mexico City UFO which was videotaped by hundreds of people during a total solar eclipse in the early nineties. Although it happened during the daytime, there was no daylight due to the eclipse. You can find several different views of this event on the internet.

I found that one very interesting also greybeard.

I posted and did an examination of it here:

link - Mexico City eclipse sighting

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Mis identification can affect many people at a time. The fact is what you see in the vids of this is a shiny object in the sky. Yea hundreds of people saw it....it doesnt make it aliens. To me it looks like a balloon of some sort, to you it looks like an alien ship. BECAUSE you have already decided its nothing from this world.

Hundreds of people saw a trail of balloons in the sky...cant remember the video name or location (il add it when i find it) they were all fooled too. Well, not fooled, just saw something they couldnt explain at the time. So some, not all started posting vids claiming aliens were coming to save us/kill us.

Just because 100 people cant explain something doesnt mean others cannot too.

People who upload vids with "UFO" in the title have generally already made up their mind that it cannot be explained by normal, everyday, mundane reasons. Hence the story becomes twisted, and/or fabricated to make it sound more believable to them, and others.

The videos i have seen from the eclipse are junk imo. They could be explained away by simple explanations. BUT that means, they stop making money from it. So the hoax is continued, nice little cash cow id imagine.

Here is a video with information about the sightings, which meet your criterion. I think it is interesting to note the following about user 'loves a conspiricy'. I my opinion it is worth bearing these facts in mind when reading his comments in the future.

- To him the object appears to be a balloon.
- He believes that a balloon can remain stationary in the sky for at least 20 minutes.
- He believes that this object does not quality as a UFO.

This video is a brief documentary about the sightings and video recordings of a UFO in Mexico during the July 11, 1991 Solar eclipse.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
Does anyone know any case of an UFO that was filmed by at least two different people from two different vantage points?

I mean, videos that are publicily available on YouTube...

Any known examples?

I read only a few replies before I gave up and typed this. I know of efforts to videotape UFOs using side-by-side videocameras. The first effort, afaik, was by Jose Escamilla when he videotaped rods. He was criticized by those who said the rods he was capturing with one camera captured run of the mill bugs because of the low shutter speed he may have been using. So to quiet said critics he set up 2 video cameras side-by-side. One camera had a certain shutter speed that may have been selected automatically but the other camera had a high shutter speed. The result was that the high shutter speed captured bugs in all of their detail but also captured the "bugs" that proved to be rods as they differed from the bugs' image.

Also, side-by-side videocameras have been used to capture UFOs with one camera acting normally while the other camera had its infrared filter in place. The one with the filter showed UFOs that didn't appear in the regular camera.

Years ago I wrote to Bruce Maccabee, an American optical physicist formerly employed by the U.S. Navy, and a leading ufologist, to tell him that using 2 photos of a UFO that he featured in a book I could see the UFO in 3-D using my "free vision" (The 3D stereogram widely known as Magic Eye 3D is different from other 3D pictures or technologies as no special viewing aids are required to see Magic Eye 3D pictures. By training your eye muscles to behave in a certain way, a 3D image will magically appear.) I took the 2 photos out of the book and placed them side by side and using my "free vision" I could join the 2 photos into one and because they had been taken a short distance apart created a 3-D image showing that the UFO was real and in the "space". His reply was of gratitude at my bringing this important info to him.

Maccabee then used the same technique in the famous Gulf Breeze sightings by setting up a 3-D camera in the Walters' backyard and the camera took photos of the UFO and you can see the photos in the book "THE GULF BREEZE SIGHTINGS" by Ed and Frances Walters. The photos are 36L and 36R (for Left and Right), 37L and 37R, 38L and 38R. I can post the photos here but I can't include them with this reply.

Maccabee didn't credit me for bringing 3-D to his attention but I'm sure mentally he thanks me.

<< 1   >>

join