It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian mayor claims authority over life and death. Bans dying in his town.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Believe it or not, an Italian mayor believes his government rank gives him the authority to ban people in his village from dying until more cemetary space can be found.

Italian mayor bans dying over lack of space in local cemetery

The mayor of small town in Italy’s south has surprised residents with an order that seems impossible to obey: don't die, as the local cemetery is short of space.

­The 4,000 residents of Falciano del Massico, a town some 50 kilometers north of Naples, have been challenged with a recent order by mayor Giulio Cesare Fava. The document reads that “it is forbidden for residents … to go beyond the boundaries of earthly life, and to go into to the afterlife.”

There are no more niches available and the citizens protested, so I issued a challenging ordinance in which I said: 'Citizens, while we await the construction of the new cemetery, I order you not to die, so we don’t have any problems,'” Fava told the Associated Press.

There have already been two residents to break Fava’s order by their deaths after March 5, according to Italian daily La Stampa.

RT

I wonder what penalty he will try to impose on those who have violated his decree.

Surprisingly, this is not the first time a public official has tried to ban their subjects from dying.

Is this just a politician using over the top rhetoric to move people to get a problem solved or a sign of things to come as government seeks to have authority over every aspect of our lives, even to the point of denying us the right to expire when the time comes?

edit on 3/15/12 by FortAnthem because:
_____________ extra DIV

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I find this quite funny! Obviously its only to show the serious lack of space so people take it seriously. Its not like you can be sued after death. I like his witty attitude!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
My first reaction to this was it had to be an Onion article. But...now I'm having to replace a mental circuit breaker. I have nothing else to say except I am glad I was sitting down for this one.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by fictitious

I find this quite funny! Obviously its only to show the serious lack of space so people take it seriously. Its not like you can be sued after death. I like his witty attitude!

I wouldn't be too certain there, as we really don't know what the beyond holds in store for us. For all we know tptb have a stranglehold on the afterlife as well. Well it wouldn't surprise me, and would explain why they are ruthless and careless while on this plane.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Who knows; he may send his life police to dying people's homes to kick in the doors and hook them up to life support machines until the cemetary finds more space.

I remember the good old days when dictators threatened to KILL the people who defied them. Look how far we've come today.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Who knows; he may send his life police to dying people's homes to kick in the doors and hook them up to life support machines until the cemetary finds more space.

I remember the good old days when dictators threatened to KILL the people who defied them. Look how far we've come today.

LOL maybe there is more $$ in keeping them alive!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If you tell people they can't do something it makes them want to do it even more.
Let's see where this one goes.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Originally posted by fictitious

I wouldn't be too certain there, as we really don't know what the beyond holds in store for us. For all we know tptb have a stranglehold on the afterlife as well. Well it wouldn't surprise me, and would explain why they are ruthless and careless while on this plane.

If this were possible or true, then I would think the opposite. If TPTB actually had power on the next "plane", they would realize how important one's actions and attitudes are in the LONG run. TPTB only want control here and now, for personal gain.

I just don't think what this guy is saying is meant to be taken super literally. But, in the end, who knows really what someone's intentions are?

new topics

top topics

join