It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With The Enterprise Just 4 Days Away From Arrival, A SWIFT Cut Off Of Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Source: www.zerohedge.com...

An interesting picture is developing with SWIFT cutting off ties with Iran, US and UK releasing oil reserves and soon to have three carriers and a large amphibious war ship off the coast or Iran.

I still think we are trying to provoke Iran to fire the first shot, rather than the US striking first.

Here is what the naval picture in the Arabian Sea looked like most recently, where courtesy of Stratfor we can see that not only is CVN-65 full steam ahead to its final date with history somewhere off the shores of Iran, but that LHD8 Makin Island crossed the Straits of Hormuz recently. Just because.

Virtually the entire non-parked naval fleet will be in the Arabian Sea and Persian Gulf in the next 4-6 days, where 3 aircraft carriers and one big-deck amphibious warfare ship are just waiting for the order.

Update: as we hit print, we see headlines that the UK will cooperate with the US on bilateral agreement to release oil stocks. Crude down big on the news, which is merely an advance move ahead of almost inevitable war with Iran, simply to make the spike more palatable.

From the AP:

The SWIFT global financial transaction service said Thursday that it was cutting ties with Iranian banks that are subject to European Union sanctions aimed at discouraging the country from developing nuclear weapons.

The action effectively enforces EU sanction because the world's financial transactions are impossible without using SWIFT, and it will go a long way toward isolating Iran financially.

edit on 3/15/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: grammar

edit on 3/15/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: add AP commentary

edit on 3/15/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: move paragraph

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Also related to this recent development:

It's Official - US, UK To Release Strategic Oil Stocks
www.zerohedge.com...

And so the lunacy hits a crescendo: U.S., U.K. AGREE TO EMERGENCY OIL STOCKS RELEASE, REUTERS SAYS

Translation:

Hi China, this is Barrack, please buy our oil at firesale prices as you in turn build your strategic reserves. I have a reelection to win. Oh and when Iran attacks one of our 3 aircraft carriers parked next to Tehran in a false flag attack, at least oil will soar from a lower price point.
Love, B.H.O.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...(CVN-65)

Enterprise will be the first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier to be decommissioned by the United States Navy.

The process is scheduled to begin Summer 2013 and be completed in 2015

So, since it's going to be dismantled anyways... Having it in the line of fire may not concern many people
(Except the Soldiers lives and the aircraft)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
These are serious precursors i would think......
You got my S&F...!
But i just dont understand what the navy is doing steaming so close to Iran.....
They must have a great confidence in their anti ship missile defenses.......
I dont think they have estimated the Iranian capaciy to produce accurate missiles correctly,....these guys been building them a while now.......Plus they are armed with Sunburns from Russia, and they have been improving them no doubt.
I also believe they have obtained the Russian yahkontz ?sp anti ship missile as well...(this has been touted as the most advanced of this day.....Its a 2000 mph deck flying super bomb.....if even one gets through, they will lose a good part of a carrier ......perhaps even sink it.
We are going to see a missile barrage for a first strike from Iran if the US gets too pushy.....
Make no mistake, these are not the same as Sadams Iraqi soldiers...and they have some heavy artillery to bring to bear......The Persian gulf is a shooting gallery for Anti shipping missiles of any stripe.....
So much huge tanker traffic traverses the straits, that sinking even a few tankers will block traffic.
The international waters only six miles wide....There is absolutely no manouvering room for an aircraft carrier the size of ours if they are simultaneously attacked by missiles and torpedo boats as well as submarines...which iran has a few of too.....
This is very puzzling to me as to just whats the plan......The Marines are probably to re,enforce the Bahrainis and the other shiekdoms.....
But the navy has no business putting the pride of America out there as a target for tthe Iranians to sight their missiles in on.......Perhaps they will not be able to lauch their aircraft even if hit before they manage to get them all off and safe on land bases.......
I smell a big sacrifice comming up...and 5000 US servicemen will be ample reaso to go to war.....and Obama will be a shoo in for the next four years of set up for the NWO......
I truthfully hope that there really are white hats working to keep the war from breaking out, and the arrests of war criminals Cheney and Bush, Blair, and Brown, are imminent......
Further there are a few other threads about heavy action near the end of march, so we may have a real call on our hands here, certainly time to look over your bug out arrangements and supplies in case we have a fifth column over here

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling.....if even one gets through, they will lose a good part of a carrier ......perhaps even sink it.

As CALGARIAN points out above, one of the carriers is scheduled for decommissioning. Two birds with one stone, perhaps? The "trigger event" they want and also save on decommissioning costs at the same time?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Does the ship have insurance on it? If they lose it, they can collect on insurance...just saying, a random thought you know...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yep Dya know what LLoyds would charge for war insurance on a warship?
But they would then call it sa terrorist attack and void the policy......
just sayin.(my experience with the insurance game....they merely sell fear for petes sake....)
Iran must be getting a twitchy trigger finulator on the button by now...talk about telegraphing your punches...The west is visibly winding up and getting set to do something rash.....
Any Iranian General worth his salt, is dispersing stuff like a good thing right now, and getting his radars ready for anti aircraft defenses....
They must be burrying everything indeispensable.....
The Hormuz straits is totally defensible by Iran, and they absolutely can shut it down easily.....
So you may be right and they about to mass murder 5000 US navy personell to go to war?
Really think so?????
I sure hope Iranians are better chess players than that, and refuse the bait......
Theyve done pretty well so far..........

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Acts of war are typically NOT covered by insurance. I mean I am sure you could insure it, but I don't think it is.

Firing hundreds of antiship missiles into international waters and hitting another countries warship (even if you were "goaded" into it,) is an act of war.

Also note: some people still don't get that the strait of Hormuz is international waters, and leads to our US bases in Qatar/Bahrain. The Navy has every right under maritime law to sail there, and Iran can moan all they want about it.......we are not just "sailing so close to Iran"......

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

You dont need insurance when you have your defeated enemy pick up the tab for any damages etc!!

War reparations

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

does it work like that? can we really insure military hardwear? seems like something the military might like and insurance companies might hate you bring up a very valid point are military vehicles/vessels/aircraft capible of being insured...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
we all know where this thread leads do we not.....

Yuppers false flag all the way....the sad part is we all know it's coming......i did what it said at the end.....but you know what.....they asked me for to much info...so i hung up.....but if you too decide to phone the embassy....remember to use a prepaid phone card bought from a shop....then call from a public phone.....but do it.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Does the ship have insurance on it? If they lose it, they can collect on insurance...just saying, a random thought you know...

Does Larry Silverstein own it? Maybe they will PULL IT and he can collect a few more million...

One thing that really strikes me is that the shear level of activity and tension is getting so little MSM press time.

Not that I'm surprised but if you look back not that far... you had the Cuban Missile Crisis and children in SCHOOL watching the events unfold with their teachers...

edit on 15-3-2012 by HIWATT because: partial delete

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

it would be cheaper to be the sacrificial lamb than to be decommissioned, remember peal Harbor , we would have one for the 21st century"remember the Enterprise" now a days anything is possible, remember old Mo, it too was sacrificed.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by CALGARIAN

it would be cheaper to be the sacrificial lamb than to be decommissioned, remember peal Harbor , we would have one for the 21st century"remember the Enterprise" now a days anything is possible, remember old Mo, it too was sacrificed.

Speaking of Sacrificial Lamb, Passover begins April 6th.

More interesting though we are now in the Ides of March AND starting the 19th-23rd is the festival of Minerva who in Roman culture is depicted with an Owl eh mm Bohemian Grove. If Enterprise is 4 days out that puts it there on the 19th.

The Romans celebrated her festival from March 19 to March 23 during the day which is called, in the neuter plural, Quinquatria, the fifth after the Ides of March, the nineteenth, an artisans' holiday

Minerva

The Ides of March was a day dedicated to the Roman God Mars, the God of War.

The Ides of March was a festive day dedicated to the god Mars and a military parade was usually held.

Ides of March

Mars

Definitely a lot of coincidental things occurring. War seems all but inevitable. We shall see how this all unfolds but with the US now condemning India for buying Iranian Oil and apparently Iran according to the MSM is helping Syria even sending Revolutionary Guards to Syria. That's if you believe the MSM propaganda which I don't.
edit on 15-3-2012 by mosheh24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Military equipment is uninsurable.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
that's the only reason iran hasn't been attacked yet.

if they close down the straight of horuz and harass oil tankers, gas in america will jump to $6-7 a gallon, and there goes obama's second term.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Its not that its uninsurable, its that no one in their right mind would insure something that had such a high probability of getting damaged or destroyed.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
My guess is TPTB want Obama to win so they can crush America even more and the Americans will blame it on the DEMOCRAT and black man, two birds one stone.

So if we think that they want Obama to win again... How does false flagging the enterprise play into this?
Will Obama then attack Iran with a mighty fist, showing how tough he is? Thus making him look good in our eyes?
Or perhaps this is a shell game, once we have lots of our men and women over there, something happens at home and the UN comes to the rescue? Thus occupying us and not having the constitution getting in the way...
Forget the election, this is more important?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This old carrier is loaded with asbestos and so were the world trade towers, all three would cost a a lot more than they are worth to decommission, I should say the ship is very costly to scrap and they already handled the towers in a efficient manner.

Regards, Iwinder

edit on 15-3-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
we all know where this thread leads do we not.....

Yuppers false flag all the way....the sad part is we all know it's coming......i did what it said at the end.....but you know what.....they asked me for to much info...so i hung up.....but if you too decide to phone the embassy....remember to use a prepaid phone card bought from a shop....then call from a public phone.....but do it.

Yep.. I agree that this is what is planned.. so sad.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join