It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘No Knock’ List Would Keep Away Solicitors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I feel badly for the way this woman was needlessly murdered but we've all had the unwanted knock at the door even in some so-called gated communities they seem to get by and slip in to knock. But generally you'reThis is stupid idea, especially with some people and the economy the way it is it'll lead to more unemployment, and it'll probably be as effective as the Do Not Call List Seems to me adding better security in the neighborhood would be a better idea, like being more discerning as to open the door.

What do you think should be done to handle this situation?

CBS 62 Detroit

ROYAL OAK (WWJ) – After the murder of an 80-year-old woman in her home last fall, the City of Royal Oak is looking into possibly adopting a so-called community “no knock” list in an attempt to tighten the limits on door-to-door solicitors. Nancy Dailey was murdered in her house on November 20, allegedly by two parolees who authorities said did lawn work for her prior to the murder.

edit on 15-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: Change in title

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I would love a no knock policy where I live. Every sunday the church crowd starts knocking on all our doors trying to convert us, week after week. We have stopped answering the door. Even the delivery guy knows to use a different door so we know it's him.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
There's nothing in that "no-knock" bill that would have prevented the murder.

Typical government.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Is this a real issue?
I thought people just posted a sign that said No Solicitors and the issue was over.
From there you know that anyone who knocks on your door is friendly or foe.
I always answer the door, foot stopped behind door gun in hand.
From there I see if they are a friend, if so I let em in.
If they are not a friend, I tell em I can't hear them and I must tend to my dogs who are hungry by this point and shut my door.
But to write new laws or rules or legislation seems abit over the top....
Politicians trying to look busy is all I see.

new topics

top topics

join