It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Talk Chakras

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Akragon
With a little practice, you can feel them.... especially the crown chakra... I love it. Its said the crown is your connection with God... And if you focus on it... it litterally feels like you're wareing a hat.

AHA!!! I'm so glad you said that. That was what I was wondering about. When I've been in prayer/meditation it feels like a hat but also like when your foot falls asleep ... like a tingly hat. Is that a chakra?? Does that mean it's open? Or is that something else? What do the others feel like??

Yeep there we have it. Another person has or are waking up and receiving the light. Do not be alarmed if you start to feel the tingeling increase and you might feel things on your forehead that is where the nerveendings for the third eye seem to be felt. Welcome soulsister. You made my day.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Hmm...has someone forgotten to mention that you don't work on your upper chakras without having a strong grounding and foundation....working on your lower chakras first? The entire energy system is linked by your spinal cord. The energy that opens and closes the chakra energy points are by the base of the spinal cord, the Kundalini energy. Not having a strong foundation would lead to spiritual instability and not having the ability to interpret various dream visions.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
These are the seals you read about in Revelations.
My 2 cents

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Just thought I'd post a link to the very Jesus and India topic that you brought up....

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Jesus, Royal Family, and India! School For Scandal

a question that I do have, is that I once read that your birthday correlates with a chakra. In which the basis of your life will revolve around, and then give understanding towards the one you will stuggle with the most.

Also, what are some of the means of opening the 7th chakra, and healing it, or coming to oneness in a sense like that of buddha?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

As an atheist I prefer to look at things in a scientific and critical manner. In my earlier years (before becoming an atheist) I conducted many types of meditation exercises. Some involving the "third eye". Hallucinations were experienced and varied with each exercise. Weird perceptions such as: my neck stretched towards the roof, my body expanded slowly until it was larger than the planet, and an illuminating light so bright it appeared to originate everywhere, even internally. Many people experience this same light when they die and I believe its called Nirvana by Buddhists.

It has been many years since I meditated and there is one sensation that remains permanently. Whenever I am in a highly joyous state I can physically see something swirling right above me with my top peripheral vision. Because of this persistent experience I believe there is some truth to the shakra energy centers. What is it? I don't know but can hazard a guess: There could be a significant energy component that exists within all of us on a higher dimension since sporadic psychic phenomenon occurs at this level. I have seen firsthand how telepathy and precognition works. The only way precognition can work is by transcending space/time itself, hence the possible multi-dimension explanation.
edit on 15-3-2012 by amagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Not sure if this is metaphysical or religion ...

I've been googling and reading, but I'd like a few things explained to me in easy to understand terms by those ATSers who are familiar with chalkras and all that go with them. Others may also be interested, so I'm starting a thread on the subject. Anyone with experience or knowledge ... please answer my questions and also share you knowledge of this subject and your experiences ...

- What exactly is a chakra? What does it do? (if anything)
- There are 7 of them, right? Crown, Brow, Throat, Heart, Solar Plexis, Spleen, Root.
- Are there specific colors to a healthy chakra at each point, or do the colors change?
- Do chakras get 'sick' or somehow not do what they are supposed to be doing?
- Can you feel if your chakra is healthy or having a problem?
- Does meditation/prayer change chakras?
- I have heard people speak of 'opening chakras'. What exactly is this?
- How are chakras opened? Can you feel if you have opened your chakra?
- Is opening a chakra good or bad? If bad .. how do you close it?
- What is the difference between having an open vs closed chakra?
- If it's a good thing to open chakras ... is there an order to opening them or does it depend on the person?

I'm reading up on chakras and am trying to understand them. Thanks ahead of time for anyone who can answer these questions and to those who share their information/experiences.

1. Without copying and pasting any bull crap from wikipedia or google, in my opinion a chakra is simply an area of concentrated energy corresponding to the physical location of glands in your endocrine system. The release of these chemicals and hormones in your body in certain locations kind of reflect where the supposed energy centers of chakras are. They are also steps of a ladder, that your kundalini climbs in order to rise to the next level. Kundalini is a name for the sexual power source in your bottom chakra that really powers all the others. This is what it means when religions teach of abstinence and the like, using your higher mental faculties to control your lower chakras like sex greed and power, rather than the other way around where your lower chakras dictate your higher ones. You wouldn't want your penis or vagina dictating everything you say and do, yet somehow this seems to be the case for a lot of people.

2.There seem to be seven centers in the one belief system of chakras, however they also roughly relate to the 10 or sometimes 11 sephiroths on the kabbalistic tree of life. Each sephiroth is a different aspect of ones psyche, and ones body, and the tree also aligns with the human body when superimposed, just like the chakras do, except the tree has branches on the left and right, not just going up the middle. It's just a more specific mapping of the energies that go through the human body and mind.

3. The colors of each chakra are in correspondence to the natural color spectrum and the order of colors naturally therein. Starting at red, for in the light spectrum red is the first visible color and the lowest possible wavelength in our vision. Speeding up the wavelenghts to a higher frequency, you get orange yellow green blue purple, etc....In that order becaues that is the natural order of power. Also, 10 out of 14 ancient religious texts agree in the order of musical notes that correspond to each chakra. Starting with C as the first note of the sexual chakra, and B the last note of the crown chakra.

4. Everyone has an imbalance in their chakras naturally. No one person is born with all 7 chakras perfectly open and in tuen with each other, which would be perfection. That being said, I know that I have read in multiple places that there is no exercise to supress or close a chakra. When your head and your heart are unbalanced, or your gut feeling and your instintcts are out of whack with your intuition, you can only do exercises to open the chakras which are not as open as your other ones. You want to research the different techniques and meditations, yoga postitions, and breathing patterns to open specific chakras. The more you open all the different ones, the more they will balance themselves out. You don't need and try to close one that you feel is over powering, simply open the others and they will draw from it.

5.I think each person is of a diferent natural talent into these matters, some have clairvoyance and others are completely blind. Only you will know for sure if you can see inside yourself, if you can sit still for more than 10 minutes and listen to your body. Introspection is a skill psychologists hone for many years, althought some seem to be able to do it naturally.

I'm pretty sure everything I've said so far covers all of the remaining questions you had on your original post. if not feel free to ask.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
reply to post by Akragon

Just thought I'd post a link to the very Jesus and India topic that you brought up....

Jesus, Royal Family, and India! School For Scandal

a question that I do have, is that I once read that your birthday correlates with a chakra. In which the basis of your life will revolve around, and then give understanding towards the one you will stuggle with the most.

Also, what are some of the means of opening the 7th chakra, and healing it, or coming to oneness in a sense like that of buddha?

Actually i've read St.Issa a few times, its quite good...

"opening" your chakras is basically just increasing the vibrations within that area... i don't believe they ever actually close. Increasing said vibrations is just a matter of focused meditation on the area you wish to... the vibrations become stronger and then fade slowly afterwards... its more of an increase in potential vibration rather then opening and closing them... I've heard that when your chakras vibrations arn't strong you will be prone to sickness...

IF you're interested in this oneness you're talking about... you must realize the seperation between your spirit and body... they are two bodies occupying the same space. We as a species are both body and spirit... and so is all life...

Take a look at this thread... i've been attempting to show people this reality for quite a while now... it doesn't always work mind you... but some people understand what im trying to convey... even if one person understands, my job is done

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Overtones and Chakras.
edit on 15-3-2012 by OmegaSynthesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I can attest to literally feeling the chakras. All I do is become aware of it, and then just kinda focus/push energy towards it. Can't really explain it better than that. Sometimes I do specific mudras to help focus my mind (you can google that stuff), and recite Sanskrit mantras and push the vibration towards the chakra I want to "spin". These are just ways to help me focus on that point without actually thinking about it too much.

For me personally, the ones that I feel the most are crown, third eye, and heart, but especially the first two. My third eye clicks into action the moment I become aware of it, and I feel this intense but non-painful pressure right where it should be, usually taking the shape of a eye (usually vertical) or diamond. And the crown sometimes feels like a big beach ball is sitting on my head or just above it - but sometimes like a hat or helmet. The rest are less obvious but I think that reflects my personality and body as it is now, and as a sign I need to work on all of that more!

I haven't seen any grand visions and what not yet, but I have had quite a few intuitive flashes/dreams (knowing something was going to happen before it did, vividly), and on some occasions was able to know what someone was going to say before they said it - as an example: I suddenly saw the image of what someone was gonna mention (this case an old lady) pop into my head, and 2 seconds later they began to talk about that very person.

I started to become aware of the reality of chakras only last year. No one can tell me they don't exist now because I've felt them. I know they are there. It's something personally felt and/or understood, like one's belief in God.

The chakras also seem to be tied to specific endocrine glands:

Pineal
Pituitary
Thyroid
Thymus
Pancreas
Adrenal
Gonad

The order seems to vary though.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Since I did not notice it mentioned here, I thought that I would add that each of the chakras is thought to have a correlate in the endocrine, or glandular system, as well. Here you go...

First Chakra or Root Chakra: Adrenal cortex; in the sense that it also represent the sympathetic nervous system and the fight or flight resopnse.

Second Chakra near the navel: The gonads, respective to gender and so the sex hormones.

Third Chakra at the solar plexus: The pancreas. Carbohydrate metabolism. The hormones that drives the fire that burns the fuel. Insulin, glucagon.

Fouth Chakra the Heart Chakra: The heart and thymus. The thymus helps defend the body by participating in the production of white blood cells. The heart, is the heart.

Fifth Chakra at the throat: The thyroid and parathyroid.

Sixth Chakra called 'The Third Eye' at the brow: The pineal and pituitary glands. Melatonin would be one of the hormones produced here. But also consider that reproductive hormones as well as Human Growth Hormone are produced here as well. Much written about.

Seventh Chakra at the crown of ones head: The hypothalamus and the brain. It is awfully close to the medulla and the pituitary and pineal as well.

X.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

I have issues with the idea of opening up the chakras from top to bottom because the origin of the Kundalini energy is located at the base of your spinal cord. How do you get this energy to open up your upper chakras first without opening up your lower ones? You may have excessive sexual drive only if you have imbalance chakras at the lower region. Some individuals can have their all chakras points opened as soon as the Kundalini energy has risen without any blockage.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
to anyone in here reading this topic:

DO NOT read any more of this, and do not meditate or focus on these chakras...

Unless you want your life to change forever.
Unless you want to have more impact on this world.
Unless you are ready for the ride of your life

you just may get it.

When that insanely powerful energy shoots up your spine and your body says "Hi god." and you KNOW bliss. You cannot ever go back.
i have wished to be in the dark in the past and I am sure I will again, but I simply cannot. and the synchronicity you will experience will keep pushing you forward, forever.

This is how I found god/jesus.
This is how I finally woke up.
This is what started the biggest search for truth, and the needed energy to do so.
This has opened me up to the most crazy sometimes wonderful sometimes scary experiences ever.
This is how my life finally had some point to it.
This is when I was finally "BORN" into this world.

may you all have happy and safe adventures through this amazing life of ours.

Some stuff I wrote after waking up:

"Intention is gods invention, the ambition to complete your greatest mission. It's your decision. What do you envision?"

~Me
"The vibrations are calling, energy increasing, strange experience not ceasing, The energy is called god by me, I don't wish to offend if you disagree. It flows through me, changing me, very subtley, yet most powerfully, Permanently, join me, become free, enlightened we'll be!"

~Me

and this:" 'The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light' (Matthew 6:22)."

edit on 3/15/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Star for putting a smile on my face.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

Some people need to give it up on the notion of proofs. You have to admit that if you don't have the necessary spiritual and consciousness fortitude, these energy points would mean ZERO to you. You would feel nothing.

I disagree. Applying the scientific method here could provide unprecedented insight into how these mechanisms actually work, inside and out. Even to someone like yourself, you acknowledge that different systems have different chakras, different methods for opening/closing them, etc. There is only a vague agreement between these different cultures on what "chi" is, where it comes from, how it works, what it can do for us, etc.

Just like medicine - acupuncture and holistic approaches, courtesy of the East, have been increasing in popularity in the West because of their efficacy. Are they better? No. Nor are they worse - they are perfectly complementary. Our Western methods have eradicated some of the deadliest diseases known to man, we can provide heart transplants, bone marrow transplants, and an endless list of medical wonders that Eastern doctors probably couldn't even imagine using their methods.

Western science has only just begun to study "chi". I'm absolutely convinced that given enough time, as the west learns the secrets of the east, our western approach using the scientific method will raise our shared understanding of these things to a new level.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

- What exactly is a chakra? What does it do? (if anything)
- There are 7 of them, right? Crown, Brow, Throat, Heart, Solar Plexis, Spleen, Root.
- Are there specific colors to a healthy chakra at each point, or do the colors change?
- Do chakras get 'sick' or somehow not do what they are supposed to be doing?
- Can you feel if your chakra is healthy or having a problem? - Does meditation/prayer change chakras?
- I have heard people speak of 'opening chakras'. What exactly is this?
- How are chakras opened? Can you feel if you have opened your chakra?
- Is opening a chakra good or bad? If bad .. how do you close it?
- What is the difference between having an open vs closed chakra?
- If it's a good thing to open chakras ... is there an order to opening them or does it depend on the person?

Let me give you some word of advice.

Know what you choose to believe in well. What you choose to believe will become the nature of your reality.
edit on 15-3-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Would you mind commenting on the following thread
The Non-Dual Is Best Understood Through Extreme Expression Of Polarity

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have any explanation of why birthdates have anything to do with strengths or weakness' of chakras?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think it is an Indian word for BS.

As in "what a load of chakra".

Seriously:

What structures in the body would support the idea that there are specific nodes of "energy"? What are these structures that join up the chakras? Of veins, nerves, lymph, digestive tract, paths of metabolism, whatever, nothing seems to be an exact fit.

Why is this "energy" confined in certain locations instead of being distributed throughout the body where it can do the most good?

Apart from "sensitive people" how can you detect these energies nodes? Do they show up under X-rays, MRI, Tomography, Visible light, temperature, electrical potential or resistivity?

BS fits best.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Some food for thoughts. In energy healing, the practitioner has to master these energy. What does this mean? Well, you can't just follow a set of procedures and operational guidelines from a handbook to perform your healing. This is what most people do not understand. The practitioner has to be a Master. A master of the mind and body, an enlightened being. Do you know how difficult it is to achieve and obtain enlightenment in order for you to use these energy to heal people and yourself???

Here is a little bio of a Chi Master Mantak Chia:
en.wikipedia.org...

He was born into this role and environment and trained under the most esoteric masters on earth. What are the chances western medicine field can manufacture such individuals? ZERO.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Chakras are not real as people think they would be. If people really understood how and why it works for the people it works for then they would understand and explain it differently. For instance...

Learn what a root chakra is.

Take this "knowledge" and apply it to a session of meditation.

Now meditate on this idea of "root chakra".

You are now hypnotizing yourself with the idea of yourself developing, balancing or whatever it is your suppose to be doing.

Give it a break and buy a hypnotist to just fix these ideas for your people. Do more research on meditation and hypnosis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join