It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Threatens India With Sanctions Over Iranian Oil

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
"SO BLOODY WHAT THE US USED AN "ATOM BOMB"... ?
This is the most ridiculous comparison ever, Ok for what reason? seriously do you even know? do i even need to bother explaining? go and find out why it was used, because anybody with half a brain knows its completely irrelevant and cannot be used as a comparison here,
Besides an atom bomb is not even on par with the strength of the warheads of today, "

Yes I do know. Japan was in talks with Russia regarding surrender. The US was miffed at this. They wanted Japan for themselves. The US started the war with Japan via illegal sanctions. This sounds familiar.

The US industrialists wanted to get in on WW2 so they could make oodles of money and they did. Lend lease as a classic example. WW2 is where the rot started. It just gets worse decade by decade.

God help us all.

P

edit on 16-3-2012 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

"SO BLOODY WHAT THE US USED AN "ATOM BOMB"... ?
This is the most ridiculous comparison ever, Ok for what reason? seriously do you even know? do i even need to bother explaining? go and find out why it was used, because anybody with half a brain knows its completely irrelevant and cannot be used as a comparison here,
Besides an atom bomb is not even on par with the strength of the warheads of today, "

Yes I do know. Japan was in talks with Russia regarding surrender. The US was miffed at this. They wanted Japan for themselves. The US started the war with Japan via illegal sanctions. This sounds familiar.

The US industrialists wanted to get in on WW2 so they could make oodles of money and they did. Lend lease as a classic example. WW2 is where the rot started. It just gets worse decade by decade.

God help us all.

P

edit on 16-3-2012 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

They wanted japan for themselves? not sure i follow what you mean, they wanted to end it themselves you mean?

But anyway for those who maybe mislead by this or other people views, "the actual truth/history" is below for you to read,

The surrender of the Empire of Japan on September 2, 1945 brought the hostilities of World War II to a close. By the end of July 1945, the Imperial Japanese Navy was incapable of conducting operations and an Allied invasion of Japan was imminent. While publicly stating their intent to fight on to the bitter end, Japan's leaders at the Supreme Council for the Direction of the War (the "Big Six") were privately making entreaties to the neutral Soviet Union, to mediate peace on terms favorable to the Japanese. The Soviets, meanwhile, were preparing to attack the Japanese, in fulfillment of their promises to the United States and the United Kingdom made at the Tehran and Yalta Conferences. On August 6, 1945, the United States dropped an atomic bomb on the city of Hiroshima. Late in the evening of August 8, 1945, in accordance with Yalta agreements but in violation of the Soviet–Japanese Neutrality Pact, the Soviet Union declared war on Japan, and soon after midnight on August 9, 1945, it invaded the Japanese puppet state of Manchukuo. Later that day the United States dropped an atomic bomb on Nagasaki. The combined shock of these events caused Emperor Hirohito to intervene and order the Big Six to accept the terms for ending the war that the Allies had set down in the Potsdam Declaration. After several more days of behind-the-scenes negotiations and a failed coup d'état, Hirohito gave a recorded radio address to the nation on August 15. In the radio address, called the Gyokuon-hōsō ("Jewel Voice Broadcast"), he announced the surrender of Japan.

Indeed god help us all... the world is dividing up nicely for a 3rd world war, the current state of affairs in the world today mimic that of old, sadly the conditions are absolutely perfect,

The US started the war with Japan via illegal sanctions. This sounds familiar.

FACEPALM

Oh wow, now this is a new one, Seriously tho, what planet or drugs are you on... because i want some of the good s*** you're on buddy lol

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trigger82
"Breaking News Just in"

India in development of New ICBM & Chemical warhead

Why doenst America just say it outright F__K the world we delare war on everyone

LOL no sh*t....It sure looks that way,

U
edit on 16-3-2012 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

India is not an ally of the U.S, BRICS nations are moving away from the dollar , what would happen if India refuses to comply, is the U.S or NATO or whoever going to invade India..do nations have that kind of money these days ?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

I would agree that the call service in India is crap..just don't like seeing my people imitate western culture for money..i feel sorry for the customers..but there also doesn't seem to be a limit on greed in western countries, that is y iphones(made in china) or outsourcing(to india).

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Trigger82

y is it that America has the right to develop weapons, wage war and prevent economic growth in other nations?

America is not a leader today more of an obstacle.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

None of that matters when you have 10 of these in the sky..

Don't put 2 much faith in weapons.. wasn't a lot said about Patriot missiles ..we all know how that turned out

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by marg6043
We are now going to war with India right after US decimates whom? oh yeah Iran, then China.

People will say "Nobody is talking about a war, it's just sanctions"

But make no mistake, sanctions are an act of war!

Embargoes are something a nation can do, but sanctions are an act of War!

Every time the democratic party gov comes to power they like to show their anti india, this is just one more slap..when will my country ever learn to stay way from the U.S
edit on 16-3-2012 by atsmem1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The airforce has ONE of these planes.

And you know when they built it ? In 1975, the designation back then was NKC-135. So they had that technology decades ago already at the height of the cold war, and only a single one was ever built.

Now what does that tell us ?

They are useless because you have to deploy them in the boost phase, meaning over enemy territory, and these things can be shot down by the oldest jetfighter. Additionally, they disperse the Uranium and Plutonium contained in the warheads over hundreds of miles. You better let the warhead explode if you don't want to make whole countries uninhabitable for thousands of years.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Huh ,what the hell, let them put sanctions on India, we'll just go ahead and build all the nuclear plants we need, better for us to be free of oil,even if nuclear power is dirty.this might be just the push India needs..so let the U.S push India..please...U.S.A please..do it ..we like to be independent..it would make our lives better compared to the inflation we have to deal with becos of oil

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by atsmem1980
Huh ,what the hell, let them put sanctions on India, we'll just go ahead and build all the nuclear plants we need, better for us to be free of oil,even if nuclear power is dirty.this might be just the push India needs..so let the U.S push India..please...U.S.A please..do it ..we like to be independent..it would make our lives better compared to the inflation we have to deal with becos of oil

Nothing you wish makes a difference. You have to get your own house in order before you point fingers to other nationals. Inflation has always been part of the Indian economy regardless of the oil. You my friend are clouded by the Indian MSM.

INDIA_INFLATION_EXPLANATION_ATTEMPT1

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

once america was seen as the standard model for the free and prosperous world

Are you batty? Hopefully no-one actually applied the model then!

edit on 16/3/12 by Morg234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
What sanctions can US impose on India that would have a good bite, resulting in India shying off from Iran oil.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

hahhahaha...I am getting sick and tired of calling for air support to level dirt huts in the Afh&^$&^ mountains only to have to repeat myself to an Indian over and over again...even phonetically the accent screws things up...

Seriously I have noticed lately that support is being moved to South America now more and more for call centers anyway...

Sniper

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Nothing you wish makes a difference. You have to get your own house in order before you point fingers to other nationals. Inflation has always been part of the Indian economy regardless of the oil. You my friend are clouded by the Indian MSM.

Inflation has always been part of the Indian economy regardless of the oil...

regardless of oil?

with cheap energy no government has an excuse for(or hide behind) creating inflation based on energy..my post was directed towards being free of oil..and by the way my friend u shud know that as oil prices go up .. inflation will go up no matter how well the gov tries!

u shud understand that invasion of iraq was for oil

war with iran is for oil

NATO support for ridding gaddafi was for oil

and nobody is rushing into syria becos Syria is not a major oil exporter(producer)

id like you to explain a world running well with expensive energy..please do enlighten me!

or r u simply trying to divert attention from the truth ?

edit on 16-3-2012 by atsmem1980 because: semantic error

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Trigger82

Obama is the linchpin for WW3...right in plain view...

Sniper

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

war with iran is for oil
and nobody is rushing into syria becos Syria is not a major oil exporter(producer)

I agree Inflation has a lot to do with Oil. But it all depends if its Oil Based economy (which the US is one). India has mass public transportation that worked for years without the boom in the personal automobiles up until the early 90's (not that there wern't personal vehicles ownership existed before 90's..but significantly less).

What does your point about NATO and Libya or invasion/war/conflict/skirmish of Iraq or iran by the US has anything to do with India and possible US Sanctions?
edit on 16-3-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

We are now going to war with India right after US decimates whom? oh yeah Iran, then China.

Every time the democratic party gov comes to power they like to show their anti india, this is just one more slap..when will my country ever learn to stay way from the U.S

Nice ambition and wishful thinking however everyone knows that is next to impossible. Just look at the history and you shall know that being unique is what got them in trouble over the last few thousand years from several civilizations. Its the Brits that actually forced the Indian Independence Movement to form the most diverse nation from some 500 plus states down to 22 states that it represents today. Do you think the Indian Economy can solely thrive on its own? If not US, they will have to deal with other nations for global trade (Crude Oil) if they intend to keep their growth at a constant rate in comparison to China. Unless it wants to follow the country's father 'Mahatma Gandhi' and one of his motto...'Self Sufficiency' which is next to impossible in Globalization.
I agree it is a tough situation to be for India (caught between thriving economy and getting with the international program).

Just a wiki link about Natural Resources. I'm sure there are more credible sources out there.

RESOURCES

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

war with iran is for oil

I agree Inflation has a lot to do with Oil. But it all depends if its Oil Based economy (which the US is one). India has mass public transportation that worked for years without the boom in the personal automobiles up until the early 90's (not that there wern't personal vehicles ownership existed before 90's..but significantly less).

What does your point about NATO and Libya or invasion/war/conflict/skirmish of Iraq or iran by the US has anything to do with India and possible US Sanctions?
edit on 16-3-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

point is.. even developed nations will do anything for energy..becos they believe with all their expert advise, research and tech that energy is too important for their economy and for growth..unless they want to go back to living as in the old times!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Nice ambition and wishful thinking however everyone knows that is next to impossible. Just look at the history and you shall know that being unique is what got them in trouble over the last few thousand years from several civilizations. Its the Brits that actually forced the Indian Independence Movement to form the most diverse nation from some 500 plus states down to 22 states that it represents today. Do you think the Indian Economy can solely thrive on its own? If not US, they will have to deal with other nations for global trade (Crude Oil) if they intend to keep their growth at a constant rate in comparison to China. Unless it wants to follow the country's father 'Mahatma Gandhi' and one of his motto...'Self Sufficiency' which is next to impossible in Globalization.
I agree it is a tough situation to be for India (caught between thriving economy and getting with the international program).

Just a wiki link about Natural Resources. I'm sure there are more credible sources out there.

RESOURCES

trouble came in the form of the brits who didn't mind killing our people , looting us of wealth, wrecking our economy..oh yeah we have to thank the brits a lot..u say that "Brits that actually forced the Indian Independence Movement to form the most diverse nation from some 500 plus states down to 22 states that it represents today" is better than all the evil they did to us?

u must be mad ..we were doin well 4 ourselves pal..we didn't need their 'HELP'

"Do you think the Indian Economy can solely thrive on its own? "

who said anything about isolation, i meant to stay away from the U.S only.

there r other nations on this planet!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join