It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Threatens India With Sanctions Over Iranian Oil

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Shred

In so far as India has the right to trade with whom they like (outside of UN sanctions which they respect), remember that the US also has the right to decide who it trades with...

So perhaps those taking shots at the US for "bullying" India should realise they're not. They're saying if you continue to trade with a nation we consider to be hostile, we will restrict trade with you, as is their right as you have claimed India has.

But then, it is fashionable to paint the US as the evil imperialists and everyone else is perfectly innocent.

Yes and I'm not denying them that. I'm just saying that you reap what you sow.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Shred

In so far as India has the right to trade with whom they like (outside of UN sanctions which they respect), remember that the US also has the right to decide who it trades with...

So perhaps those taking shots at the US for "bullying" India should realise they're not. They're saying if you continue to trade with a nation we consider to be hostile, we will restrict trade with you, as is their right as you have claimed India has.

But then, it is fashionable to paint the US as the evil imperialists and everyone else is perfectly innocent.

Please, If you don't stop posting I'm going to take away a high percentage of your income and make life difficult for you.
that sounds like bullying to me. Not only is the U.S bullying them they are black mailing them but I doubt that would surprise anyone accept some Americans struggling with denial.
They impose illegal war like actions on a country then get pissed when other countries won't knee cap themselves in order to bend over for American foreign policy.
It's not enough for Team America to antagonise their enemies now they want to piss of their allies too, maybe they have forgotten that without their allies their military capabilities are great reduced.

May be India's response should be ok since you asked nicely we will punish our own people and stop trading gold for oil, but if you didn't like that how you going to like it when we trade weapons grade plutonium for oil.

Team America sit down have a coke, a smile, a toke on the herb & shut the fug up before you make an enemy out of the whole world, because even you are screwed without friends.
edit on 15-3-2012 by WorkingClassMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Let me make a bet that the US with all the sancions they enforce will will never see them jobs of ours they got ever again. Same thing with china we could be in a war with them and do you think the shelves in walmart would go empty? Naw! That right there would tell people our goverment is a FRAUD!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Damn war mongering Bush! He is still stirring up trouble around the world!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharpenmycleats

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? Hes been out of office for years. Obama is the leader now so it falls on him now. Anyway India has been short changing us for years. Sending people over here to get educated then taking them back to undercut our economy later. Oh and have you seen the Loans they get? Hell even african americans get shafted compared to them. Indians almost NEVER pay their loans back from where I live at. India can do without Iranian Oil for a while. Its not like they are highly industrialized save a few cities.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa

Anyway India has been short changing us for years. Sending people over here to get educated then taking them back to undercut our economy later. Oh and have you seen the Loans they get? Hell even african americans get shafted compared to them. Indians almost NEVER pay their loans back from where I live at. India can do without Iranian Oil for a while. Its not like they are highly industrialized save a few cities.

I thought Indian students just did that here. lol something else we have in common.

I think the point is why should they have to live without Iranian oil and spit in the face of one of their trading partners, not whether they can.
Are you telling me that if they stop buying Iranian oil today the Indian people won't suffer at all from this action cause I would beg to differ, and if the U.S is hell bent on stopping people buying Iranian oil simple sell them yours at half price we all know Indians love a bargain.
Americas actions against Iran were personal and that was fine trying to blackmail/bully/coerce (however u put it) it's allies into furthering these actions in my book is illegal & an act of war.
No matter what your stance on Iran is, it does not justify illegal war mongering actions, this type of stuff on any given day is dangerous in current world climate it is borderline insanity especially when you want to start pissing in a Nuclear capable countries pool.
If America wants to attack Iran then just do it already, I won't support you & I'll do everything I can to get rid of anybody leading my country who does, if they don't want war then they need to back off because even if Iran doesn't want to fight like a snake backed into a corner they will have only one option.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
This is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. India has nothing to do with the so called "Nuclear Crisis" (aka building nuclear power plants, not nuclear bombs), the US needs to stop dragging other nations into their little fiasco with Iran. It's simply bullying and dare I say, a form of terrorism, threatening freaking sanctions if they don't "comply" with Washington's orders... do you know how absolutely ridiculous that sounds? So now the US thinks they can tell who ever they want to do what ever they want? I've got news for you Mr World Police morons, that's NOT how things work!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

That is why India does not trust the US enough to buy its fighter jets. Imagine being saddled with 120 US made fighter jets with no spare parts. US foreign policy and strong arm tactics will scare away potential customers. This is bad for your aviation industries at home. More and more countries purchasing European and Russian planes, military or civilian stuff. But because Boeing and Lockheed Martin have contracts with the govt. no one dares to voice up.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
You Americans had better do something about your government and soon.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa

Originally posted by Sharpenmycleats

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? Hes been out of office for years. Obama is the leader now so it falls on him now. Anyway India has been short changing us for years. Sending people over here to get educated then taking them back to undercut our economy later. Oh and have you seen the Loans they get? Hell even african americans get shafted compared to them. Indians almost NEVER pay their loans back from where I live at. India can do without Iranian Oil for a while. Its not like they are highly industrialized save a few cities.

I guess you are not very good at spotting sarcasm!!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Yes.. maybe the US wants to take on the world. Maybe its time to bring out all those hi tech gizmo reversed engineered flying triangles and disc to show the world. No point keeping it under wraps and not using it till it becomes obsolete. Keeping it hidden in dug out mountains is a sheer waste of tax payers' money. 100 years from now they can move them to the Dayton Aeronautic Museum.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Oh man.. We [n]really don't need to give India any grief over this. The last thing we want is to turn China AND India into our enemy and make them buddies.

I can go ahead and tell you India is going to give America the finger along with China.

They better give America the finger. How in the hell are you going to try and bully someone

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
As a completely sane American citizen I find it odd our country would be bullying other countries like this.

Which brings me to the conclusion it isn't our country doing this. It's the owners of the country doing this. Stop wasting your breath blaming Obama. Don't even blame Bush. Do you think it's a coincidence the most complacent president was in office when the most horrific event in recent history occurred?

Then when answers are demanded a black president is put in place to answer them? If you don't agree, you're a racist.

It's all in the plan folks. You are not going to change it.

You're better off spending your time learning how to live.

Stop bickering on internet forums and start opening your eyes.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WorkingClassMan

Hey, I'm not saying what the US is doing is right (morally) either, but they certainly have as much right (legally) who to trade with as India does.

Personally, I think this is not going to help the US and it's relations at all. Even if India gives in, they'll remember it and it will damage relations long term. They would be better off getting the Indians on board willingly, rather than strong arming them into toeing the line.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

If the US and Israel are so hell bent on attacking Iran then just do it. They do not need the approval of the rest of the world and have done so in the past. Sanctioning other countries not involved is not the way to go. You'd only make more enemies. Iran really doesn't need to have nukes, just more missiles to cover every square inch of Israel. No anti missile system could take care of that. The missiles would block out the sun and they'll be fighting in the shades. That is a line from the film "300" when Leonidas fought the Persians. Dialogue and negotiation is better than fighting, threatening, sanctioning or wars. This is the 21st century and everyone (at least most) speaks and understand the universal language..English. Its not like you need an interpreter and any misquote or misunderstanding could result in a conflict. Stop this nonsense...the world belongs to everyone not just the US and Israel.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Well i think its more than fair, but that's only because i look at things fairly without an agenda or hate in my heart,

The only people on here who think it is not fair are the anti west bashers as usual, it doesn't matter what they do the West is always in the wrong or a conspiracy will emerge to make it wrong, it wouldn't even be an issue had it of been any other country on the planet, there is no way realistically looking at the situation here it can be seen as unfair and whats even more hilarious is, "an act of war"
sanctions are international law for Christ sakes a diplomatic and civilized solution,

Look at it in which ever way you want

India can't have it both ways, they can't just take take take and not give, thats called being "unfair" and will upset someone, The West has helped India develop for many years with trade and aid, aid that it still receives today even tho it has own space program
India is heavily reliant on trade/aid from the west, especially the US, and if India can chose who it wants to trade with, well so can the US pick and chose,

Lets look at it in a different light to better understand the situation here... Its like your passing sweets none stop to a friend round a camp fire or at least someone you thought was a friend, and then you asked a favor (hey can you not pass him sweets hes picking on my other friend) and they then told you to F**K OF carried on taking those sweets while stuffing there face and passing them on to the guy throwing insults and actual threatening your other friend, OK fine, but now i'm upset with you, i have give you loads of sweets, there is no need for me to get violent here... hey India, i don't think i want to give you sweets any more...

That's just life i'm afraid people, there is no need to get upset about that, its just the way the world works, on many different levels,

It is not illegal it is not an act of war or a fight like some of you describe it to be, "oh its an act of war" rubbish, telling someone you don't want to give them sweets anymore because you was upset with there actions is not turning around to that person and saying, in a minute i'm going to punch you in the face, its simply saying i'm upset with you, i'm not going to share my sweets with you, because you're taking the p*** sonny jim, its being civilized about it, completely the opposite. absolutely ridiculous to call it and act of war

Its totally fair, India will learn, that selfishly pursuing its own interests will get it isolated, its not like India didn't have a choice here, India can go trade with Russia or China instead, its no big deal, the US will likely send the trade elsewhere, such as Greece,

So in the words of the great Kenny Powers....

India you're f***king out

edit on 16-3-2012 by WarriorOfTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight

The only people on here who think it is not fair are the anti west bashers as far as i can see
As far as you can see? I would recommend getting your eye sight checked out, I fear you are very short sighted.

India can buy oil from who ever they like. Just as the United States can buy oil from who ever they like. You wont see India trying to say the US can't buy oil from so and so. Nor would you see India trying to remove all the US uranium refining programs, because such operations are required for nuclear power plants to function. India has nothing to do with the Iran situation. The US can't expect every nation to follow their orders, and they are stupid to think these nations will do what ever they say. The only way they can make these nations do what they want is by threatening and bullying them into compliance. It's nothing but disgusting low brow tactics by a Government who thinks they can police the world.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Its like your passing sweets none stop to a friend round a camp fire or at least someone you thought was a friend, and then you asked a favor (hey can you not pass him sweets hes picking on my other friend) and they then told you to F**K OF carried on taking those sweets while stuffing there face and passing them on to the guy throwing insults and actual threatening your other friend, OK fine, but now i'm upset with you, i have give you loads of sweets
Oh ok, I see what you mean now. The United States is like the epic candy man who has all the sweets and "gives them away" to their friends...

And in this case it's actually the US picking on Iran without an inkling of evidence that they are attempting to build nuclear bombs. The US is basically restricting their ability to have nuclear power. Iran hasn't used nuclear weapons at all, because they don't have any. So perhaps the US's friend (India) doesn't think there's a valid reason to stop buying oil from Iran? And perhaps India thinks you are a douche of a friend who threatens and intimates them by saying if they don't follow your orders then "we wont be friends anymore". The US is using their "candy supply" to blackmail their friend into shunning their other friend based on unfounded accusations. That's not very friend like.
edit on 16-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

The only people on here who think it is not fair are the anti west bashers as far as i can see
As far as you can see? I would recommend getting your eye sight checked out, I fear you are very short sighted.

India can buy oil from who ever they like. Just as the United States can buy oil from who ever they like. You wont see India trying to say the US can't buy oil from so and so. Nor would you see India trying to remove all the US uranium refining programs, because such operations are required for nuclear power plants to function. India has nothing to do with the Iran situation. The US can't expect every nation to follow their orders, and they are stupid to think these nations will do what ever they say. The only way they can make these nations do what they want is by threatening and bullying them into compliance. It's nothing but disgusting low brow tactics by a Government who thinks they can police the world.

Sorry you don't need to enrich Uranium beyond 20% for nuclear energy kid,
how about you clean your eyes out sonny jim, ?

Yes true, India can buy oil from whom ever they like, the US can also trade with who ever she wishes to trade with, hypocrite much? India can do this blah blah blah, HELLO?

Nobody is asking for them nations to do as they are told... where did you get that from? you made that up right?

The only problem here is YOU want to see someone spit in the persons face that you hate and stand there pointing and laugh at him with the spit on his face, but now you're getting all upset because they gob a big fat green one strait into your mans eyeball

Its fair... like it or lump it

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Its like your passing sweets none stop to a friend round a camp fire or at least someone you thought was a friend, and then you asked a favor (hey can you not pass him sweets hes picking on my other friend) and they then told you to F**K OF carried on taking those sweets while stuffing there face and passing them on to the guy throwing insults and actual threatening your other friend, OK fine, but now i'm upset with you, i have give you loads of sweets
Oh ok, I see what you mean now. The United States is like the epic candy man who has all the sweets and "gives them away" to their friends...

And in this case it's actually the US picking on Iran without an inkling of evidence that they are attempting to build nuclear bombs. The US is basically restricting their ability to have nuclear power. Iran hasn't used nuclear weapons at all, because they don't have any. So perhaps the US's friend (India) doesn't think there's a valid reason to stop buying oil from Iran? And perhaps India thinks you are a douche of a friend who threatens and intimates them by saying if they don't follow your orders then "we wont be friends anymore". The US is using their "candy supply" to blackmail their friend into shunning their other friend based on unfounded accusations. That's not very friend like.
edit on 16-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

Its not the US picking on Iran, its half the world, and there is plenty of evidence, nobody said Iran has used them, and nobody said Iran has them, (nukes etc) so stop making things up to get your point across better lol

Again, if the western world didn't want Iran to have peaceful nuclear energy then why did they agree and try to get Iran to agree to a deal where bye (Russia) would supply them with the technology? they said no simply because the wish to have there own nuclear weapons program of the back of its nuclear energy program, OBVIOUSLY, and what do they intend to do with a nuke? wipe Israel of the map in the worse case scenario, threaten & cause utter mayhem in the region at the very least

And why is NOBODY aloud in to inspect there nuclear program if they're not up to no good? the rest of the world complies with the atomic agency and allows inspections into the country?, hmm yes i wonder why that is, no mr police officer you cannot search my car full of drugs, may aswel be saying that huh?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join