It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Threatens India With Sanctions Over Iranian Oil

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
America is becoming more and more despicable by the day.

India should just turn round and tell America were to go.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
What?

Is this a joke?

What they think they are doing?

Since when India has the obligation to stop oil purchases from Iran, just because the USA wants?

And what happens if India retaliates back, and impose sanctions on imports of goods from American companies? The Indian market is one of the largest consumer markets in the world, with more than 1 billion people. What if American companies no longer have access to that market, and can no longer export to India?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
What?

Is this a joke?

What they think they are doing?

Since when India has the obligation to stop oil purchases from Iran, just because the USA wants?

And what happens if India retaliates back, and impose sanctions on imports of goods from American companies? The Indian market is one of the largest consumer markets in the world, with more than 1 billion people. What if American companies no longer have access to that market, and can no longer export to India?

It's very simple we asked the country to support our sanctions against Iran or America will take it's money and investments elsewhere. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. It's just business baby!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Just 2-3 weeks ago I was reading about India renewing old pipeline deal with Iran in the local newspaper. If true and if our govt. has really initiated such steps I dont think they will back down because that pipeline deal is very important for sustained energy goals. If the govt. has not yet taken steps in that direction it can go anywhere. India and Iran are very old trading partners so the govt. will need to keep in mind the old relation between India and Iran before taking any crude steps.

Originally posted by libertytoall
Does this mean I won't have to listen to some Indian dude on the phone when I call customer service to an American company? That would be awesome..

Yes it does mean that only if you agree to pay 30-50% more for the services you are receiving which I dont think most of the people or the American companies can afford now or in the near future. If you really want to try that, then next time you goto market pay $20 extra when you buy something which is worth $10 and make sure it's not made in China, Norway, Japan or London and is purely made in USA (read the label). Also when you go and buy fruits and vegetables make sure it's not harvested or touched by illegal immigrants from Mexico or North Africa and just by the hands of Americans who actually have legal paperwork. Infact, why stop at that when you buy gas from your local gas station make sure the gas is not imported from any other country like Canada or Saudi Arabia and only drilled from the good old shores of USA. Demand from you local gas station owner that you only want the gas which is drilled on the shores of USA and not any other country and pay more price for that. Until you do that and follow such steps I dont think you should complain. Afterall, without taking any initiative yourself if all you do is complain it wont help and noone will listen to you. Lead by example dude.

Trust me not many Indians are happy too with the US companies opening call centers here with bad salaries and no future growth and the bad english, grammar and attitude of American customers on telephones. These bad jobs of customer service is mainly used by 95% college students to pay for their monthly expense which most of them spend of high lifestyle. College students only work there in between their breaks (when universities give holidays etc) or until they find a good job in their own field.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Ek Bharatiya because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Unfortunately, The US is being reigned over by a hidden source also. The US is just a tool that is used. The corruption of the world is happening using all these governments as puppets so that the lie is believed by the people of the earth. To blame the US is like blaming the gun that shot the people and not the person or persons holding it. If you would like the truth to any story all you need to do is follow the money and it will show you the real culprits behind all of the violence. Research who owns the banks of the world and your eyes will be opened.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Also here is a better article which much detailed report and India's response so far

Oil Minister S. Jaipal Reddy, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai have said India will continue to buy Iranian oil to meet its growing energy needs. While the Indian government has an excellent record of enforcing United Nations sanctions on Iran, India has objected to unilateral U.S. sanctions, according to U.S. officials.

“We abide scrupulously by UN authorized sanctions,” Indian Foreign Ministry spokesman Syed Akbaruddin said in a telephone interview. While restrictions imposed by individual countries “have an impact on commercial interactions, from a legal perspective there is nothing that binds us to follow them.”

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ek Bharatiya

Does this mean I won't have to listen to some Indian dude on the phone when I call customer service to an American company? That would be awesome..

Yes it does mean that only if you agree to pay 30-50% more for the services you are receiving which I dont think most of the people or the American companies can afford now or in the near future.

As if India is the only place on earth with low wages and people who speak English?

If you really want to try that, then next time you goto market pay $20 extra when you buy something which is worth $10

Do you understand arithmetic? You just stated the USA would pay 30-50% more buy shopping anywhere else other than India and then continued to supply a hypothetical scenario representing a 200% increase in cost. So which one is it?

and make sure it's not made in China, Norway, Japan or London and is purely made in USA (read the label).

What does China, Norway, Japan, or London have anything to do with Indian tech support? Are you trying to make a connection between low wages and the above countries? I don't think London, Japan, or Norway have low wages..

Also when you go and buy fruits and vegetables make sure it's not harvested or touched by illegal immigrants from Mexico or North Africa and just by the hands of Americans who actually have legal paperwork.

That's a totally different scenario. We're talking about Iran, India and the USA. I don't know where you're going on this tangent. I'm for amnesty and could care less if my country is flooded with illegal immigrants because I know I work hard compared to 50% of the US lazy population. I will still have work and my education will warrant me high pay. Regardless of peoples beliefs, many small businesses in the USA would never have existed to employ thousands of employees had it not been for the low wages of illegal immigrants. Amnesty is the right thing to do. We can stop the handouts to illegal immigrants carried out by our social welfare programs by going with amnesty and deportation laws. Everyone should be on the books, everyone who qualifies for government aid or medical aid should be required to be on the books. Nothing in life is free. No more illegal immigrants going to hospitals charging up thousands of dollars in bills and giving fake names to never pay.

Infact, why stop at that when you buy gas from your local gas station make sure the gas is not imported from any other country like Canada or Saudi Arabia and only drilled from the good old shores of USA. Demand from you local gas station owner that you only want the gas which is drilled on the shores of USA and not any other country and pay more price for that.

That's impossible because the refining process and the natural way oil is delivered. It all gets mixed together..

Until you do that and follow such steps I dont think you should complain. Afterall, without taking any initiative yourself if all you do is complain it wont help and noone will listen to you. Lead by example dude.

I guess I must have hit a nerve? I didn't think I was complaining about anything just making a joke out of how every customer service / tech support phone call ends up to a robotic sounding guy in India.

Trust me not many Indians are happy too with the US companies opening call centers here with bad salaries and no future growth and the bad english, grammar and attitude of American customers on telephones.

How does a person have bad grammar on a telephone? Now you're mocking English speaking people in America compared to Indian people speaking English?

These bad jobs of customer service is mainly used by 95% college students to pay for their monthly expense which most of them spend of high lifestyle. College students only work there in between their breaks (when universities give holidays etc) or until they find a good job in their own field.

I take it that's where you work based on how feverishly you attacked me?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ThoughtIsMadness

Oh, we know where the money comes from we know the sources but history in the US is such a boring subject that many Americans do not really care to learn why our nations is now a corporate dictatorship and who really runs Washington and the rest of the global economy.

Sadly this is been going for decades and recently is not reason to hide the sources anymore is just people are blind to see.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
IMPEACH BARRY OBUMLER

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

It wont matter when you have missiles coated with these:

Its called a mirror, or optically active coatings.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

As if India is the only place on earth with low wages and people who speak English?

Nope it's not. You have countries like China, Philippines, Brazil etc.

What does China, Norway, Japan, or London have anything to do with Indian tech support? Are you trying to make a connection between low wages and the above countries? I don't think London, Japan, or Norway have low wages..That's a totally different scenario. We're talking about Iran, India and the USA. I don't know where you're going on this tangent. I'm for amnesty and could care less if my country is flooded with illegal immigrants because I know I work hard compared to 50% of the US lazy population. I will still have work and my education will warrant me high pay. Regardless of peoples beliefs, many small businesses in the USA would never have existed to employ thousands of employees had it not been for the low wages of illegal immigrants. Amnesty is the right thing to do. We can stop the handouts to illegal immigrants carried out by our social welfare programs by going with amnesty and deportation laws. Everyone should be on the books, everyone who qualifies for government aid or medical aid should be required to be on the books. Nothing in life is free. No more illegal immigrants going to hospitals charging up thousands of dollars in bills and giving fake names to never pay. That's impossible because the refining process and the natural way oil is delivered. It all gets mixed together..

Oh! I thought you wanted all American - American stuff. My bad it looks like you only want US centered things when it suits you.

I guess I must have hit a nerve? I didn't think I was complaining about anything just making a joke out of how every customer service / tech support phone call ends up to a robotic sounding guy in India.

Maybe you are not aware but most of your call lands in Philippines, China or Brazil etc among India. Lott of American companies have moved out of India (thankfully) and gone to more cheaper locations mentioned above with lower quality service.

How does a person have bad grammar on a telephone?

Sentence construction.

Now you're mocking English speaking people in America compared to Indian people speaking English?

Yes. If you compare the english of (literate) Indian students which pass out from universities with Americans in grammar, sentence construction, neutral accent, knowledge about world affairs..Indian students are far better. The problem with American english is it's confined in American accent, poor grammar and sentence construction. British english is the best in world.

I take it that's where you work based on how feverishly you attacked me?

Yuck no! I have a degree in Hotel Management and worked in Hotel (Front Office department) for several years and moved to a University. Some of these students who study at this university and work there few months a year during their vacations tell me stories about these customers which are hilarious.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Ek Bharatiya because: Tags

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

Trust me when US try to do the same power trip on China, their response was giving the finger to the US stop buying US (debt) for a few times at the aution block (China actually show up but bought nothing) and then started to get rid of some of the US dollar liquidity they have on gold and earth resources, then started to do business with Iran (that they have invested billions already in their oil) with gold not dollars, like that they will not be using the petrodollar

India is following China's with acquisition of Gold, like that they can also use gold for transaction just like China when dealing with sanctioned countries.

And business with the two countries will keep going as usual, US corporate Whores had invested too much already in those two countries to let petty economic problems get in the way

Obama can bark all it wants at the end it is corporate America the one that runs the show as usual

Have we stopped buying from China yet?

edit on 15-3-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
India is a sovereign nation and can do what it pleases
This is very much a slap in the face to India

India has always had good relations with the U.S.
Obama is plain and simply being a piece of #$%#^

It's one thing with NDAA, spying and this and that but now he's trying to dictate policy to other foreign sovereign nations as well

Please do not re-elect this creature

I'm pretty sure the message would have been exactly the same from whoever the president may be, He's only a frontman for the people with the real power and you don't get to elect those people.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I wont be so sure about that. I know my politicians and most of them have no backbone. US has previously hampered and delayed the India-Iran-Pakistan pipeline deal which affected us economically with high prices and now US is meddling again with our trade affairs. This news about suggested sanction really peeved me off because India has nothing to do with the mess between US-Iran-Israel. We have nothing to do with US-Iran-Israel even if they wage war on eachother. Why should we get involved and get our economy bankrupted and our soldiers killed? Why should Indian pay more for gas price because some US lobbyist sitting in his furnished office wants to sanction Iran on his whim and Israel and Iran wants to attack eachother? We just want our country to prosper with good trade and relations with everyone irrespective of their foreign policies. We had good relations even with Saddam when he was ruling Iraq and at the same time with Israel. The squabbling between these countries will only drag us down economically and we dont want any part of it.
If the govt. bows under US pressure the oil/gasoline prices will rise dramatically and it will be the fall of the current ruling govt. which has already increased oil prices several times this year since the reduction of oil trade with Iran.

Just take the example of UK. What did it get by following US and attacking Afghanistan and Iraq? Dead soldiers and billions of dollars in war which has affected it's economy. Sanctioning Iran will only hamper EU's growth economically. Someone would be stupid to follow that path of self-destruction by not learning from the mistakes of following US foreign policy since 2001.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Ek Bharatiya because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

India's economy is not going to be bankrupted, see, in 2009 very quietly the Indian government bought the bulk of the IMF gold resources at the time, you know that US is number one on gold holdings but US also supplies the IMF the most with the Federal reserve the amount is not even subject to scrutiny by the America tax payer.

Now India is number 11 in the top 12 holders of gold in the world and that figure was squeezed out back in 2009 right now the numbers could be even higher.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Also, the UK also get to pump oil in the US Alaska and the Mexican Gulf thanks to US paying back for the privilege of owning by contract oil supplies that otherwise UK do not have.

The intricate web of global corruption and favoritism is bigger that you can even imagine is just that the common citizens never bothers to even find out why you see so much BS going on back and forward between countries that hold powers and those that depend on them.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Even if UK was paid back was it worth it? So many soldiers died in vain..for nothing. It wasn't even a real war...based on lies. Will those soldiers be remembered and held in high regard in comparison to soldiers who died in WW1 or 2? Few years down the lane people will say some people died for lies. They were not even protecting the borders of their own countries and in some different alien world like country which had nothing to do with them. One should ask the fathers, mothers and wife of those fallen soldiers if the payback by US was enough for them or not for the death of their loved ones.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I really hope all this can be resolved, I visitedyour lovely country last month was in Amritsar and also travelled to Kerala, the u.s has nothing to gain from any sanctions and would hit their retail hard, why sanctions on India and not Russia or China if anyone should be sanctioned it should be Israel, it's well overdue. Hopefully you can build on a stronger relationship with Pakistan that goes beyond trade but somehow I can't see that happening but maybe, just maybe it might if America keeps stepping on your toes and theirs. Come what may...
edit on 15-3-2012 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I know it's not going to be bankrupted by it will slow us down economically. It's the people "us" who are paying high gas prices due to the bad sanctions forced upon us. When the oil price rises it affects every other commodity such as vegetables, fruits, taxi fare etc. and even the most common item price is increased automatically.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence

I really hope all this can be resolved, I visitedyour lovely country last month was in Amritsar and also travelled to Kerala, the u.s has nothing to gain from any sanctions and would hit their retail hard, why sanctions on India and not Russia or China if anyone should be sanctioned it should be Israel, it's well overdue. Hopefully you can build on a stronger relationship with Pakistan that goes beyond trade but somehow I can't see that happening but maybe, just maybe it might if America keeps stepping on your toes and theirs. Come what may...
edit on 15-3-2012 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

Thank you and I hope so too. We have been sanctioned before by US when we launched our nuclear program for several years and we came out of it successfully. Kerela has awesome beaches..I hope you survived the oily food there and coconut dishes, I couldn't. If you ever visit India again don't miss Goa. I went there with my gf for a week on valentines this year and it was awesome. Specially beaches like Ashwem and Palolim. The best time to go there is in November and December. It's the peak season and the crowd is great with tons of beach parties.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join