It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coming Event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I recently watched an enlightening documentary by Terrance Mckenna in which he described the use of psychoactive plants and fungi as being the missing link between human extinction and salvation.

Whilst giving his lecture Mckenna spoke of an event due to take place in the near future.

It got me thinking about the human journey and where we are heading and the possibilities of coming face to face with human destiny and legacy.

Mckenna theorized that it would be a huge turning event for humanity and that it could potentially go one of two ways. He also mentioned somewhat jokingly that it could be like coming face to face with God or with Aliens..

I'm sure you all have your own opinions on this and that's fine.

I just finished watching Alex Jones interview Dr Yampolskiy about the possibility of AI forming a consciousness of its own..

These two documentaries are just two possibilities of the "Coming Event".

There are so many manifesting right now in all of our subconscious minds that in my opinion something will most certainly materialize and manifest in the world around us.

Whether or not it will be God, Aliens, The Apocalypse, Artificial Intelligence, The Messiah/Antichrist, A doomsday Meteor, Societal collapse, Revolution, WW3 and so on is anyone's guess..

I guess the worrying thing is that most of these ideas about what is coming tends to end in destruction or the obliteration of the human race.

There is one exception to the rule however.. The Utopia like that described in Huxley's Brave New World..
The New Age Movement and the fruit it could bare which could potentially save us all spiritually and avert complete annihilation of our species. The spiritual future..

The reason for this post is to see how many of you feel that their is in fact a coming event or how many of you simply think there is no validity to any of this.. Also feel free to explain your own personal ideas on what you think may be "The Coming Event"

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It does seem like there is something in the making. I am not sure if it is all the hype that has been going on for years with all the different theories as to what is going on and or what will go on in the future.

"Prophets" before our time had a lot to say in regards to change in not only geographic's but within the human consciousness as well.

In "time" I think anything is possible...but will something go down in my lifetime? I have no idea.

I like to explore the different possibilities to see if there is anything to figure out or to see if there is any truth to any of them.

No doubt change is upon us (change is constant). I think the human race is at a turning point but what lies ahead is anyone's guess.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I think that what will happen in the next couple of years will be subtle. We know that we are on the verge of great change.

People are always on the lookout for "the event", but what if its a couple of small unnoticed events? Only with the benefit of hindsight can we really say that a specific event started it, but in the middle of it, everything gets confused.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
well huxley's 'feelies' are certainly here with all ths 3d voice activated tvs we have now.
as for terrance ,i was never a big fan.i have 'opened my doors of perception' and that is why i am the way i am today! as for something coming,well i think a lot of people can feel it. what it is,i dont know

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Something will occur. Soon and I base this soley on the basis of my intuitiin. Its almost like that excitement feeling you had as a kid christmas eve.... Something will change things on our planet.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Of course something is coming!
More of nothing!
People will sit around and talk about this big event and hope for it, that jesus or the aliens will save this world.
It will not happen and nothing will change, then people will talk about the next big event.
All the while the PTB will take another inch, and another.
Wash, rinse, repeat.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

We have deluded ourselves into thinking that by hoping for Aliens, we can make them manifest.

Your probably right, more of the same.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Something is bound to happen. All these people saying nothing will happen...now really..you guys wanna keep on working like dogs,pay taxes, send kids to wars, and used as media cattle for the powers at be?

Are people sick in the mind to think this is how humanity and earth life should be?

Only need to look back at history to see...THINGS CHANGE....

We destined for change

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

Hurry up and wait (;

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by novemberecho

Back to your 9-5 job you go.. because thats life isnt it?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

Hey, I hate the monotony as much as anyone.

What do you suggest I do? Id love to overthrow the system and start fair, but until people have to, they wont change. Im sure it will happen, but its gonna be like pulling teeth.

join