It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Flag Offends Veterans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Democrats’ Obama Flag Offends Veterans

A U.S. flag with Obama on it was hoisted several months ago
by The Lake County (Florida) Democratic Party.

Lately however, some Veterans have objected,
and the "ObamaFlag" has been lowered !!

Breitbart

The Lake County Democratic Party in Florida put up a version of Old Glory featuring President Obama’s face in place of the stars this week. Veterans quickly protested the flag, which they called “disrespectful” and “ridiculous.” As FoxNews.com reports:

[Jim] Bradford, an organizer with the Veterans Memorial at Fountain Park in Leesburg, Fla., snapped photos of the flag and distributed them to fellow veterans and friends. By late afternoon, he and several other veterans delivered a copy of the federal flag code to Nancy Hurlbert, chairwoman of the Lake County Democratic Party.

"We read that to her, but she would not accept that," Bradford said. "The discussion finally got a little bit heated."

The flag, which had been flying for several months without complaint and is available online for $12.95, was later removed by Hurlbert.

Hulbert was clearly upset about having to remove the flag – she said “it’s not about the flag … Certain elements cannot accept Barack Obama as president.” She added that the flag might go back up.

But the question is why the flag was up in the first place. And the answer is that a bizarre cult of personality has been built around this president, far more than presidents of years past. No Republican would have flown a flag with George W. Bush on it, or even Reagan; no Democrat would have flown a flag with Bill Clinton or Jimmy Carter on it. Some of Barack Obama’s supporters seem to believe that he is the country, or at least the embodiment of it. And that is deeply troubling.

Flag It !

This One's for "Old Glory !"

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It does seem to be a bit disrespectful to deface a flag with obama's face. Is this a normal thing? I can't recall ever seeing another president's face on old glory like that.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Personally, I don't like the flag being used as a campaign tool. I don't care who's face you put on it, Romney or Paul or Obama. IMO it is attempting to equate that person with American "values," such as freedom, liberty, etc

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Seriously! Are you kidding me!

I mean this is something that dictator countries do!

The way I see this is just another conditioning tool to get us use to the beginnings of a dictatorship country.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This from the FoxNews.com article:

Florida State Law ?

Statute 256.05, which covers improper use of state or United States flag, or other symbol of authority, reads: "No person shall, in any manner, for exhibition or display:

"(1) Place or cause to be placed any word, figure, mark, picture, design, drawing or advertisement of any nature upon any flag, standard, color, ensign or shield of the United States or of this state, or authorized by any law of the United States or this state; or

"(2) Expose to public view any such flag, standard, color, ensign or shield upon which shall have been printed, painted or otherwise produced, or to which shall have been attached, appended, affixed or annexed any such word, figure, mark, picture, design, drawing or advertisement."

Meanwhile, Jay Agg, communications director for AMVETS, told FoxNews.com that the American flag should never be altered.

"While we are pleased the flag in question has since been removed from public display, the reported fact that it had flown for months without protest is a clear indication that we have much work to do in educating the public of the importance of protecting our flag," Agg wrote in an email. "This issue is especially important to AMVETS' members, the men and women who have proudly worn our nation's uniform and served under her flag."

[color=gold]The final insult to veterans? The flag is made in China.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I find that woman's comments interesting. Especially the "certain element" comment. Of course, she most likely meant racist. I have news for you lady, being against defacing the American flag isn't racist. Being against obama isn't racist. I can't stand him as president but you know what, that doesn't mean I'm racist. It just means I have a political opinion and he's not part of it. Now that that is over one to the subject at hand.

I am against defacing the flag period. It is our standard and stands for the once great American principle. Also it is against the flag code that is used. I don't remember any president replacing the stars with his mug. I know that people will put the flag behind them which is acceptable. These fine veterans risked life and limb for our flag and are still fighting for it. What a shame that my interpretation of this woman's comments, leads me to believe she is accusing them of being racist.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I wonder if the fact the face is replacing the stars, which represent the states was intentional? Obama is more important than the states the star represents maybe?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Maybe it is just perspective but I don't think so, that barry flag looks somewhat larger than the real one. I bet that's not the only one of those custom flags out there. It will be interesting to see if a bunch more start being reported now that this one has.

It always stuns me to hear the racist thing when anyone disagrees with our constitution being decimated along with our rights and freedoms. I guess if you voted for barry in 2008 to prove you're not a racist you'll have to vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not a complete idiot.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
What a self-serving, incredibly arrogant, egotistical, conceited, haughty, pompous, snotty, smug, and absolutely unbelievable thing to do!

Who does he think he is that he can put his face on OUR flag?

This is NOT the United States of Obama.

I am thoroughly and totally DISGUSTED by this!

No other president or candidate would ever think of or allow something like this to happen. Campaign or not.

I think it's defacing (no pun intended) and belittling our flag and what we stand for. We should all be outraged at this!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

You beat me with the posting, good for you we should've all noticed this one, but here's my two cents worth. I may not be a veteran but if this is meant to be something of a joke it's in very poor taste. If not it may be an attempt at a subtle warning of what could happen. Either way it's meant I'm not laughing.

edit on 15-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

edit on 15-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
And you thought the scout sniper flag was disturbing, think again.

She added that the flag might go back up.

Oh geez here we go again.
edit on 15-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Not just veterans are offended by this flag. Anyone who knows the traditions and proper way to display Old Glory is offended too.

The spokeswomen said they may put the flag back up. Go ahead, see what happens.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If one of Barry's fans wants to have one of these in their home or on a shirt that would be ok, but displaying this in public, whether democratic or not, seems odd. I remember a thread about a man being told not to display his flag upside-down, I would think this would be no different. But let's be real, the average American no longer has pride in the US like previous generations, and if you do you have to keep it to yourself, like the other thread, about the kids chanting USA after a game, lots of moments when being patriotic is wrong. And considering what the US does to its own people and others abroad, why even bother?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Reply to post by jrod

why couldn't they just make t shirts or something? It scares me that people like her make it into office while blatantly disrespecting the country like that.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It should offend them. The American flag shouldn't shouldn't be tampered with. Especially for a political tool.

The flag is just silly, and the idiots who thought it up must have known better.

new topics

top topics

join