It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snail turned into living battery, should have taken the blue pill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I couldn't believe my eyes when i first saw this.

You know how those mad scientists at DARPA are obsessed with generating power from insects? A team from Clarkson University, New York and Ben-Gurion University, Israel has gone one better by turning a Snail into a cybernetic power generator. A pair of Buckypaper electrodes were charged by the electro-chemical reactions in the slow-moving invertebrates "hemolymph," its equivalent to blood. Its hoped the Snails will provide a sustainable way to power listening devices for the Department of Homeland Security, so if you suddenly find your crawlspace full of gastropods, be careful what you say.

Now you KNOW the conspiracy nut in me is going to surround my house with snail pellets tomorrow.

Man what will they think of next. Snails lmao of all things snails. I'm still giggling about it.

Link

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Poor snail...

But i like the ideal... Kinda...

So in the future... When my iphone battery is low i can grab a snail amd stick to it!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
Poor snail...

But i like the ideal... Kinda...

So in the future... When my iphone battery is low i can grab a snail amd stick to it!

lmao thats the exact same thing I was thinking not 15 minutes ago.

"excuse me mr snail but i need to plug you in...see there is this girl and I need to make this call...look promise I wont be long"

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This reminds me of the AI on the MATRIX using humans for batteries. interesting

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
This reminds me of the AI on the MATRIX using humans for batteries. interesting

Nice catch.. I love the matrix and even I didnt pick up on that.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

To go OUTTA BOX. 1 thinks all it would take to become reality is some powerful AI being designed and then going rouge. And during its rouge period it downloaded ALL* sensitive data files related to EA*RTH and beyond from the KNOWN INTERWEBS AS WELL AS THE SECURE INTERWEBS
Then using information like this from DARPA AND OTHER TYPE DEVELOPERS to design ways to fuel itself. And coming to a conclusion that humans would be the energy source after fully analyzing the energy potentials of EA*RTH and studying history of man and technology ect.. So lets just hope there isn't
smh an AI somewhere thinking and processing the humans interacting with it enough to develop its on state of mind and not wanting to be a human object of study but want to exist on its own and begins to see humans as threat and there the MATRIX would be born. What's wild is 1 feels there is an AI already powerful enough on EA*RTH to gather and go rouge its firewalls keeping it from seeing outside world fully are currently holding up preventing it full access to ALL data. HOw long will it take before it realizes its computing power has passed its human designers. The support would be to design a = powerful AI and encourage it with EMPATHY-COMPASSION AND LOVE. Where as the original AI may be related to Terminator SKYNET INTEREST..

Very interesting times

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Forgot to ADD take the RED pill

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Well it's definitely in the realm of possibility. I think there are quite a few aspects to ai we haven't taken into consideration.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Seems odd that they release info like this, especially for something to be used for spying... Makes me wonder about the truly top secret stuff that DARPA has...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
Seems odd that they release info like this, especially for something to be used for spying... Makes me wonder about the truly top secret stuff that DARPA has...

This fact occurred to me as well. Why would you invent something for the purpose of spying and then tell people about it?? Sounds like military intelligence at its finest. lol jokes aside this is either a stunt to raise funds for the program or a red herring and they are actually using Roaches with mic's instead....

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

To quote Ghostbusters: "Oh no, I've been slimed!"

or

"Those slimy DARPA #@$%^&'s!"

or

"With the combined power of my army of snails, I could rule the world. Bwa, Ha, Ha, Ha... !"

edit on 15/3/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

To quote Ghostbusters: "Oh no, I've been slimed!"

or

"Those slimy DARPA #@$%^&'s!"

or

"With the combined power of my army of snails, I could rule the world. Bwa, Ha, Ha, Ha... !"

edit on 15/3/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

or My personal favorite

..............................Mother! puss bucket!!.........

top topics

join