It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Caught On Tape Over Santiago Air Base. 03/13/2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
If it's true that seven different videos, taken by different people from different angles, are consistent across, then this is very powerful. Short of the possibility of coordinated, intentional fraud, this is very intriguing to say the least.

One such case has just come to light in Chile, and was presented by government officials for the first time at a press conference on March 13.

It was a glorious, sunny morning on Nov. 5, 2010, when crowds gathered to celebrate the changing of the Air Force Command at El Bosque Air Base in Santiago. From different locations, spectators aimed video cameras and cell phones at groups of acrobatic and fighter jets performing an air show overhead. Nobody saw anything amiss.

But afterward, an engineer from the adjacent Pillán aircraft factory noticed something bizarre while viewing his footage in slow motion. He turned it over to the government's well known Committee for the Study of Anomalous Aerial Phenomena, or CEFAA, for analysis.

The stunning conclusion: The Chilean jets were being stalked by a UFO.

In the clips below, the UFO is difficult to see because it's moving so fast. The clip is repeated with the UFO highlighted as it makes passes around three separate groups of airplanes: "

The UFO passes the F5s.

Close up of the UFO from the Halcones video.

Watch a slide show showing the trajectory of the UFO in the three flybys. These images come from one of seven videostaken of the UFO over the El Bosque Air Base, which were analyzed by aeronautics experts, scientists and air force technicians:

Much more about this case here: huffingtonpost.com

edit on 15-3-2012 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Gen. Bermúdez showed the analysis done by the astronomers from CEFAA's External Committee of Advisors, which established that the object was not a meteoroid, a comet, reentry of space junk, a bird or an airplane. Furthermore, the scientists' report stated the UFO undertook "a risky maneuver in front of the Halcones from west to east" and that it did "a flight maneuver at low altitude and high speed." The report also established that "the object shows light and shadow effects of metallic like reflections and shows ellipsoidal shape" and that "the land observers do not detect the object in spite that it passes over their heads, thereby it is not accompanied by a sound wave."

Link

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It looks like a bird whizzing back and forth fairly close to the camera.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Again:

Gen. Bermúdez showed the analysis done by the astronomers from CEFAA's External Committee of Advisors, which established that the object was not a meteoroid, a comet, reentry of space junk, a bird or an airplane

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

This extraordinary machine was flying at velocities too high to be man-made. Scientists have estimated the speed, depending on the size of the object, to be at least 4000 - 6000 mph. Humans inside this object could not survive. And, somehow, it made no sonic boom, a noise similar to thunder which occurs whenever something exceeds the speed of sound (750 mph at sea level).

The shock waves generated from an object at such high velocities would normally be enormous. But no known aircraft or drone could possibly fly this fast at such low altitudes anyway. Our fastest air-breathing jet, the SR-71, has a maximum speed of just over 2,000 mph, but that's at high altitudes.

And, this strange object is clearly operating under intelligent control. It zooms toward each set of jets at about their height, circles around and zooms back out again. Pilots who were shown the trajectory of the object in the three flybys were amazed that this maneuver is characteristic of reconnaissance aircraft coming in for a quick look at others in the sky.

Astronomer Luis Barrera from the Metropolitan University of Sciences in Chile, who has an asteroid named after him, was one of eight highly skeptical scientists who analyzed the footage. He was able to rule out a meteoroid, pieces of meteors or comets, space junk, a bird or an airplane.

So, no birds for you in this one.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

Again:

Gen. Bermúdez showed the analysis done by the astronomers from CEFAA's External Committee of Advisors, which established that the object was not a meteoroid, a comet, reentry of space junk, a bird or an airplane

I would like to read the analysis but there appears to be nothing on the CEFAA website about this case. There are some photos of other sightings which appear very similar though, I suspect they're all photos of birds.

www.cefaa.gob.cl...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

You can ask to Astronomer Luis Barrera:

Astronomer Luis Barrera from the Metropolitan University of Sciences in Chile, who has an asteroid named after him, was one of eight highly skeptical scientists who analyzed the footage. He was able to rule out a meteoroid, pieces of meteors or comets, space junk, a bird or an airplane.

email [email protected]

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Glad to see you again RUSSO!

I saw this photos some days ago but not the footage. Amazing!
S&F.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
interesting case.. i too however would like to see the reports.

don't get me wrong.. just like to see all the evidence rather than just jumping up and down on a photo alone only to find out ive been duped later

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Thanks for your post Arken. Glad to talk to you again.

Its a interisting case indeed.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
With multiple cameras involved there should be some excellent analysis coming. I'm especially interested in the 3-D model possibilities which should allow measurement of size and speed.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I watched the video. Is the UFO visible in every frame when it moves from one side of the field of view to the other or does it blink-out for a few frames and then reappear?

I think it's interesting, because the enlarged images look very similar to a UFO I saw.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
That is definitetly one of the best videos of non-human craft, I have seen. Just using visual interpretation, that thing is moving at an unbelievable rate of speed.

It does appear to be a metalic craft.

Thank you sir.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
There was a previous thread about this last night. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm surprised it isn't getting more attention, it's actually pretty incredible. I still want to see the other six videos and one thing strikes me odd about the video. If you watch the video above at 0:40-0:43 the object looks like it dives almost into the ground. I'm not sure if that says anything, but it's weird.
edit on 15-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This is the "end game" case, that will be the definitive proof of the existence of UFOs.

I guess that many "special interests" are desperately trying to convince the Chilean government to NOT release more information on this case.

I expect retaliation against Chile if they don't make this case "disappear".

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

At the 2012 International UFO Congress in Phoenix, Arizona, retired Chilean General Ricardo Bermudez discussed the results of a remarkable multiple-witness UFO case. The UFO was spotted on the morning of November 4, 2010, during an air parade at the Air Force Academy in El Bosque, Santiago. Although no one noticed anything unusual during the parade, seven witnesses came forward afterward with different videos all showing a strange metallic object moving at extremely high speeds.

It was an UFO Congress in Phoenix.

I guess that many "special interests" are desperately trying to convince the Chilean government to NOT release more information on this case.

To late now to not release info. What is done its done

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
There was a previous thread about this last night. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm surprised it isn't getting more attention, it's actually pretty incredible. I still want to see the other six videos and one thing strikes me odd about the video. If you watch the video above at 0:40-0:43 the object looks like it dives almost into the ground. I'm not sure if that says anything, but it's weird.
edit on 15-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

Please add additional thoughts the existing thread.

new topics

top topics

join