It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More states to get BearCat vehicles(Australia)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

More states to get BearCat vehicles(Australia)

news.ninemsn.com.au

Three more states are to get high-tech armoured rescue vehicles to help police deal with dangerous situations such as hostage incidents or acts of terrorism.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Why does Tasmania need one of these for, I just seen it on the news Tasmania are getting one.

Its like that morgue truck the state bought prior to Port Aurthur massacre.
Its coming from the US.

Are there more to come after this one?

I nearly dropped my Subway foot long I was eating.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Look on the bright side - that will make a nice trophy when the SHTF and the cops are overrun.. Oh wait, you guys let your government take your guns.

Never mind.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Yup they took our guns.

So why are they so scared?

edit on 15-3-2012 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

because the outlaws still have theirs, just because you gave up yours freely does not mean others do not have them, just the way things are.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Just throwing up links to pics so everyone knows what these are. Sinister looking things:

edit on 3/15/12 by MentalPriapism because: edit

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Well done you are on the money

reply to post by MentalPriapism

Thanks for adding those photos gives this topic a little more of a image.

These things will look so out of place in Tasmania, I'm sure they will break allot of necks from people looking at them as they go past.
edit on 15-3-2012 by amraks because: I was replying to myself lol

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Christ almighty, what is it with Americans jumping on their high-horse about guns every time a story comes up from another country like this?

You will note that Australia hasn't seen a school massacre - like ever. I don't fear sending my kids to school here.

Oh and for the completely ignorant amongst you, for your information guns are still allowed to be owned in Australia as long as one has good reason and passes police checks. Those reasons include pest control, target shooting, hunting etc etc. I plan on getting a hunting license in the future, as I enjoyed doing that when I was young, before the gun laws came into effect.

The difference is, I can walk outside and be in little to no fear of even hearing gunshots, let alone be shot by one.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
It always makes me laugh when I see some of the US Yahoo's deriding the rest of us for letting our governments take away our guns, even though gun ownership was NOT generally accepted or the norm anyway.

See, the US citizens still have their guns. They like to proclaim that "they can take my gun when they prise it from my cold dead hand"... hahahahahahahaha! See, despite all the bravado, and the steady erosion of rights, criminalisation of just about everything, including the right to even protest, those same Americans still sit on their fat arses doing nothing at all.... and they are armed to the teeth.

So, when the time comes, Americans will fall in line to give up their guns too, because it'll be the patriotic thing to do, endorsed by celebrities and with a free pair of Air Jordans!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MentalPriapism

LMAO, they can be taken out with an 18 wheeler going 80 miles an hour crashing head on into them. Everyone inside would be flattened. Trust me. In a SHTF scenario you will see these types of things happen as people will have nothing to lose.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Look on the bright side - that will make a nice trophy when the SHTF and the cops are overrun.. Oh wait, you guys let your government take your guns.

Never mind.

Just to clarify. We didn't allow our government to take our guns, our government created a false flag event, and changed the law without the will of the people to take away our guns from us. We now have an entire generation that wouldn't know how to use a gun, much less how to defend themselves in a real SHTF situation, which is just how the government wants us....

That was almost 15 years ago. They are still doing it now.

edit on 15-3-2012 by 74Templar because: no reason given

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Christ almighty, what is it with Americans jumping on their high-horse about guns every time a story comes up from another country like this?

You will note that Australia hasn't seen a school massacre - like ever. I don't fear sending my kids to school here.

Oh and for the completely ignorant amongst you, for your information guns are still allowed to be owned in Australia as long as one has good reason and passes police checks. Those reasons include pest control, target shooting, hunting etc etc. I plan on getting a hunting license in the future, as I enjoyed doing that when I was young, before the gun laws came into effect.

The difference is, I can walk outside and be in little to no fear of even hearing gunshots, let alone be shot by one.

Stop believing the hype the only places it is dangerous in the US is in the places with the strictest gun bans Like LA and NY proving gun control does not work. I live in Idaho with little to no gun laws and machine guns are even legal here etc. We have one of the lowest crime rates in the country along with the other states that have little to no gun regulation. I can do all the things you do with no fear and I can do it armed with an open carry pistol strapped to my side or rifle slung over my back if I want to. You idiots will wish you never gave up the guns when they start rounding you up it was a stupid move and that is why you are derided for it...
edit on 15-3-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I agree with what your saying it makes sense, No one ever questioned why it was so quick to pass parliament it was if it was already written and signed.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Thats just a totally out-there thing for Tassie to be getting...

Then I thought .... didn't we get a rather large morgue van early in 1996.....

Then figured that other states have already had them for 6 months so just maybe it isn't all bad..

Hey amraks, from the north of the state.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Or in a tighter word;

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Agree with your post. And for those who applauded this basic stripping of our freedoms, take a look at armed holdups in the last year alone.

Hammers, crowbars, knives, screwdrivers. Bottom line is taking away guns did nothing to make us safe. People just found alternatives to commit the same crimes.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Never mind.

Just to clarify. We didn't allow our government to take our guns, our government created a false flag event, and changed the law without the will of the people to take away our guns from us. We now have an entire generation that wouldn't know how to use a gun, much less how to defend themselves in a real SHTF situation, which is just how the government wants us....

That was almost 15 years ago. They are still doing it now.

edit on 15-3-2012 by 74Templar because: no reason given

Well put.Gone are the days where kids could shoot rabbits. where most everyone had a gun in the house, the car, at the back door.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by marsend

I grew up learning to shoot, and handle weapons responsibly, In the eyes of the government, that makes me some psychopathic killer that waves around my rifle in the air. They needed to take that away from us, and that is all these things are designed for, shock and awe weapons to quieten down a populace that is fed up of being trodden down like slaves. Add to the fact that many 20+ers have never so much as held a gun, much less used one. A weapon like this thing is perfect for people like that.

Someone asked in a previous post as to why they are so scared of us? It has nothing to do with disarming us, nothing to do with shutting us down. The government knows full well we are a bunch of hoons just dying to get out, and that spirit we've had in every major conflict in the last 100 years will rear up and bite them on the proverbials if tested. That's the true reaosn they get in stuff like this, in the vain hope it will show us whose boss. Problem is, 40 tonnes of armor doesn't match anywhere near to a mob of pissed off Australians...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
They didn't take our guns just the semi autos , now we all own sniper weapons ;-) , but I've heard we will be allowed some semi's in the future.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Not to worry. We've had homebuilt jalopies like these in Mexico for years.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/388a1d5639d5.jpg[/atsimg]

And although guns are largely prohibited in Mexico the US ATF supplies our drug cartels all the guns they want.

edit on 15-3-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by Kryties

Stop believing the hype the only places it is dangerous in the US is in the places with the strictest gun bans Like LA and NY proving gun control does not work. I live in Idaho with little to no gun laws and machine guns are even legal here etc. We have one of the lowest crime rates in the country along with the other states that have little to no gun regulation. I can do all the things you do with no fear and I can do it armed with an open carry pistol strapped to my side or rifle slung over my back if I want to. You idiots will wish you never gave up the guns when they start rounding you up it was a stupid move and that is why you are derided for it...
edit on 15-3-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

Calling us Aussies "idiots" because our government staged a false flag event to ban guns is like us calling Americans "idiots" for letting George Bush get elected. You will only serve to piss us Aussies off when you get on your high horses and come at us like that. Mind your own damn business and focus on fixing your own damn collapsing country, keep out of ours and our business please.

By the way, the claim that Americans keeping their guns so as to stave off corrupt government is total nonsense. What the hell are the pea-shooters the people own going to do against a militarised police arsenal? Bugger all is my guess.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join