It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irish journalist leave Bankers speechless!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Keep your money in your socks, in your mattress, in your floorboards - not in banks! If they have it, you don't. Keep that in mind in the future.

If years ago people would of kept paper money instead of depositing it at the bank, we would all be richer and less plagued by constant inflation.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Welcome to the global community..regardless what country is failing now we all have to pay to bail them out...great clip...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Notice his right hand when he says the word "understand" about 0:06 into the clip.

That's right pal, that's exactly what you are. JERKOFF

I made a .gif of it, for those of you that missed it.

"UNDERSTAND"

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

edit on 15/3/2012 by adventxero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

That is the worst idea I have ever heard. I am a financial coach as well as an avid ATS member. I completely agree with your argument regarding creditors. That is a broken system. American greed, impatience, and our need for instant gratification has led the credit institution to be what it is today. As far as removal of ALL banking activities?! Not smart and very bad advice! It seems you don't understand how the money and finance works. Which is really no fault of yours, because 99% of all people in America are taught absolutely nothing about money or finance.

And before you try to chastise me about how I am the one who is wrong. I have a Series 6, 63, 26, and 65 investment licenses and I have been in the financial sector for some time now so I know a thing or two. Also, my job is to help families get out of debt and retire early, so my motives are noble ones.

Also, if you take time to understand basic economics and inflationary trends, you would know that putting your money in your sock, mattress, or coffee can is a sure-fire way to wind up broke in 30yrs or so. As inflation rises, the buying power of the dollar weakens. Inflation average out to 4.75% in 2011 and has had a 50yr average of 4% which simply means that we have to work harder every year and our money buys less.

I my self only use my bank as a checking account, NOT an investment vehicle. I advise my clients to treat banks as such. Banks were designed to make sure you have liquid access to your money, NOT for wealth management.

In addition, it seems that the Irish government is in bed with the European banks. The Irish people are probably paying billions into non-guaranteed bonds because a few political entities saw a way to get rich through that deal.

Not trying to put you down, you have the right to be angry. We all do. Please make sure you are educated on something before offering any advise.
I have three philosophies when it comes to money:
1) Dont spend more than you make
2) Dont take financial advise from broke people (they are broke for a reason)
3) If your money pile is bigger than my money pile... then I'll take your financial advise.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
... the bondholders in question are Goldman Sachs Asset Management International, London above all...
edit on 15-3-2012 by monica86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

"Can we please move on?" Priceless....
Love to see the feet to the fire in these shenanigans, and it irks me a bit that so many of these guys(officials) act surprised at an informed and educated public, as if the sheep aren't supposed to read. I am reminded of the gratitude for todays interwebz, where there are sources to unveil truth, for everyone. Granted there is a lot of fluff and hype, but still, where would we be without the webz?

peace and information,
spec

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
That was a little thing we call Hot Air followed up by Denial. Not pwnage on any level.

However, all of this could have been averted if people kept their money in *community banks* rather than large national or multinational banks. Keep your money in your socks, in your mattress, in your floorboards - not in banks! If they have it, you don't. Keep that in mind in the future.

Start movements for receiving your pay in cash. Pay your bills in cash. Remove banks from the system. They crept into this position when they realized that it was convenient for us, but bankers are by nature greedy and we have fed that trait in them until we created a horrifying monster. The credit institutions grew out of the awareness of our weakness. *We* must take responsibility and bring these monsters down with our own actions now. Get rid of your bank accounts and get rid of your credit.

Our society must change now. We must be that change.

Only the best advice.
I now have only one small credit card, and a bank debit card, and have done for a good number of years, and the reality is I have more buying power now than ever in real terms, and no unmanageable debt. I hold the bank account solely on the basis of a realistic cash flow for people starting up in their lives. I don't much agree with hoarding though, for the same reason.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I love this man.

Amen brother.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

good work, he got torn a new one, but it's funny to see that no one really came to support the journalist

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Dead set!
Basically...

In your face you don't have a choice do as you're told, and no, we don't have to explain ourselves to you.

The audacity is staggering.
Someone very important referred to us as ants, I'm wondering when us hive loving ants are going to regain control of our futures and stand together to actually do something about this situation.

What a joke, I'm backing the Irish people all the way.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Are we talking about the irish people that kept on voting NO to ratfication of the EU treaty and thusly their participation in the EU?.
The same irish people who had a fraudulent second vote foisted upon them with (Fortunately) the result the EU required of them.

If the treaty had been denied by just one EU country, all the others would have been able to walk away as well.
So please, don't attempt to try and blame the irish people for the bare faced scoundelry perpetrated by the EU and it's agents upon them.
How can you rob someone legally if they are outside your framework?.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Great video!

This video also explains why most every press conference in America is orchestrated so that they know ahead of time who is going to be asking questions and what those questions are. They don't want Obama having to speak without the teleprompter telling him how to answer each question. They certainly wouldn't want the Comrade in Chief embarrassing himself when confronted with pitbull journalists such as this Irish gentleman and his crazy desire to know the truth.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
More bankers who will eventually step down ..the fall out will continue.These bankers people in Europe have got to start using common sense.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

Do I care how many times Ireland voted no? They vote no on the Lisbon Treaty, then vote yes. It doesn't matter.

They accepted the EU Bailouts.
They accepted the IMF loans.
They accepted the EU Treaties.
They accepted using the Euro.
They accepted open door immigration.

It doesn't matter how many didn't want any of this.. they gave their sovereignty over to the banks, they knew what it would mean and they did it anyways. I love Ireland but they dug their own grave, and until they drop the Euro and remove themselves from the European Union they have nothing to bitch about because this is what they wanted.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Why are the Irish inflicted with this burden?

The Irish all of a sudden became property developers and started borrowing billions in mortgages to build houses and apartments all over the country.

Remember the phrase, "the Celtic Tiger"?

Celtic Tiger (Irish: An Tíogar Ceilteach)[1][2] is a term used to describe the economy of the Republic of Ireland during a period of rapid economic growth between 1995 and 2007. The Irish economy expanded at an average rate of 9.4% between 1995 and 2000. It continued to grow at an average rate of 5.5% during the following decade until 2008, when it fell into recession. The expansion underwent a dramatic reversal from 2008,[3] with GDP contracting by 14%[4] and unemployment levels rising to 14% by 2010.[5] Moody's proceeded to downgrade Ireland's government bond ratings to junk in mid-2011.[6]

en.wikipedia.org...

I was there and I saw it. It was indecent and greedy.

The Irish people are furious with Germany who is dictating the conditions of the bail outs and screwing the PIGS to the wall.

PIGS = Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Spain

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

i like your nationalistic fire; you love your land, nothing wrong there.

we in the US love our land too - but seem oddly too lazy to force out

miscreant financeers (of doom).

could Germany really have some sort of 'ulterior motive' in its current

takeover of the ECB/ EU/ etc? All speculation, but my 2 cents is that

the last 'Big war' (WW2) never...really...ended....

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
When will we all come to the understanding that money isn't needed?

There is a better way!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
My name says it all

Tiocfaidh Ar La

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Gotta love them weasel words by the banker!

Owned!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join