It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update on the Trayvon Martin murder. Shooter not charged yet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
If you havent heard about this story yet, here's the basic run down. A 17 year old, black kid, 140 pounds, was walking through a gated community, walking to his fathers house in the same gated community, and was shot and killed by the head of the neighborhood watch. What the police found in Trayvon's pockets were skittles. It has been around 2 weeks since the shooting happened, and no charges have been filed against the shooter.

The head of the watch (Zimmerman) called 911, saying Martin was suspicious. How was he "suspicious"? Well, take a guess on that. When Zimmerman called 911, the police told him not to follow Martin, but he did anyway. Who is this Zimmerman guy? Well he apparently has a "squeaky clean" criminal record, although he has been arrested for battery and resisting arrest at a community event.

The video below breaks it down pretty well.

And here is the most recent update in the video below.

Lets see a new revelation....."Another officer corrected a witness after she told him that she heard the teen cry for help . The officer told the witness, a long-time teacher, it was Zimmerman who cried for help,said the witness."

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Yeah, he looks like a thug with skittles. Adorable kid. What a shame. He does not look 17.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Have you ever been inside a "gated community"? I have, I look white and have almost been shot a few times working there. People that live in these little gated utopias seem extremely paranoid. I am talking a personal "driver"(armed bodyguard) for every member of the family. They think their kids are so precious, that any moment someone will try to kidnap them. This story does not surprise me at all really....

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yeah, but if that's the case, he should of known that kid was a family member, considering it's a tight knit community.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Not tight knit at all in my experience, then again I am talking about tristate gated communities, not florida, might be different there. More like how highschool is, with little factions that form. It could be a simple revenge thing, I have no idea if there is bad history between the two families, but could be worth looking into.

And as to how the police handled it? Look at how they handled the murder investigation of Martha Moxley(I think I spelled it right).

It's insanity.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

this site is so racist. I'm not suprised more people havn't commented.

It appears that, too, on ATS an innocent black life isn't at least worth a discussion.

It is a shame. This was in a middle of no where florida - so this wasn't the kind of gated community with body guards , but more so, working class people (of which his father was apart of).

What is good from this terrible tragedy , is that in all the comments I have seen - 1,000 on other pages. People - who usually give these things the benefit of the doubt (hint hint) are starting to understanding that the justice system isn't all that it appears to be.

My prayers go out to this child's family.

new topics

top topics

join