It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Dejavu?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
How often do you experience dejavu? i would have to say almost everyday . usualy the dejavu will trigger what i guess you would call a day dream...( my eyes turn off and i watch a video replay in my head) kinda like in the matrix but i would see the second cat in my head www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-3-2012 by wolf2420 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I get it fairly frequently, not every day but at least once a week, sometimes more, sometimes none at all. But i definitely experience it quite a bit.

Some of these experiences i have i believe were dreamed at one point, i used to dream quite frequently when i was younger. Wish my dream recall were better, i suck at remembering my dreams now.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I used to dejavu during my younger years, but not anymore. Maybe it's because I had less stress in my life back then.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

alot of mine are dream related .. should of added that.. any real significant ones? for example i dreamed i was at this strange house with my cousin and 3 other people i had never met or seen in my life.. so the next day i took a ride with my cousin to his buddys house.. i walk in the door and the dejavu hit me like a ton of bricks.. standing in the same exact spots in the room from my dream were the 3 strange people i had never met... ive been good friends with them for 9 years now

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I get it about every day, and it's generally something I feel like I've experienced anywhere from a few days to a few months earlier, though I have experienced deja vu from years earlier on a few occassions, the longest being about eight years. What I experience feels like I'm living something I've dreamt, only far more vivid.

If it's anything like the movie The Matrix, then that would mean that I experienced an eight year reset. That's a pretty wild concept to ponder. Of course, if there really is a force out there "resetting" our lives to re-experience moments, then that says a lot about free will, or the lack thereof.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Yes I do Deja Vu and I do quite often. It has been so prevalent in my life that it has greatly affected and my views on life and existence. Some Deja Vu theoretically can happen when you eyes move at ever so slightly different speeds, resulting in the same feedback happening twice in your brain, or a double image. I find biological reasons for phenomena like this more rational than metaphysical reasons, as I have a lot of weird phenomena I can't explain. Strobing crescent moon "auras" before my intermittent migraines, visual snow, etc.

For Deja Vu however, it is different. I've had very mundane things happen to me in dreams that have happened in real life. I once dreamt a day in high-school and woke up to have a part of that dream happen. I was just walking down a hall I didn't usually go down and said to myself "What if I almost run into my friend Phil around the corner?" And then I ran into Phil around the corner. Then he said exactly what I thought he was going to say and it was about a Tool album.

The next time it happened was in September when I broke my hand. I had Deja Vu about sitting in my chair just staring at a wall. Then I realized this is exactly what happened in a dream a month ago, except in the dream I was transported to some far off field after staring at a wall with a broken hand, but that is what happened. And of course there is the massive amount of Deja Vu I get where I swear I saw it in a dream, but wasn't sure

It makes me think about Nietzsche's idea of Eternal Recurrence, or the idea of Quantum immortality, or the idea of a cyclical universe that expands and contract for eternity but only creating the same lives for everyone every time. What if we live the same life forever? What if we are to live the same life every time but are supposed to do something different every time?

Or perhaps humans are just incredibly unoriginal and do the same things over and over, and the repetitions of our actions and reactions and our habbits are what produce the Deja Vu, because we can't help but getting our selves into that situation.

Maybe dreaming is your brain preparing you sub-consciously for life and does so by making you dream every possible outcome and scenrio?

The metaphysical possibilities of Deja Vu are staggering and have huge implications. I hope it is just my eyes moving at different speeds.
edit on 15-3-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
didnt u make this same thread last weak?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thebestnr1

no i just hit 20 posts last night

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I get it OVERLY frequently lately but the weird thing is I'm starting to notice third and forth time deja vu. I recognize it right off the back when it happens and immediately realize this is the third or forth time it was happening.

Has anyone ever tried controlling, for lack of better word, their deja vu?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DivineFem
I get it OVERLY frequently lately but the weird thing is I'm starting to notice third and forth time deja vu. I recognize it right off the back when it happens and immediately realize this is the third or forth time it was happening.

Has anyone ever tried controlling, for lack of better word, their deja vu?

I have, tried...I came to terms that i could not do it, i could only experience it.
I did however learn to recognize, for me at least, that it was a sign that i was on the right path...for example
I had an experience at a new job some years ago While i was in the kitchen, i recognized certain things i thought i shouldnt have, it was literally my first day. For about 10 minutes i was able to recall/predict(?) exactly what was going to happen and it did, i worked there for about 5 years until i moved out of state.

Some times it would come to me in a dream, i knew upon waking that it was intended to be a signal so i would write down everything i could, then later when i experienced it, i could go back and see if i had dreamt it thought most of the time i didnt have a need to look at my journal. Other times it would happen as i experienced it and i would be able to predict certain things up to hours later, simple things like an alarm going off or someone speaking a certain phrase.

that was along time ago (almost 18 years) and i have not had experiences anywhere near as vivid or detailed since.
Funny but true, it was my recent self acknowledgement that i had lost these abilities(turned them off[?]) which led me to search for info on how to regain it(turn it back on)
and subsequently led me to ATS.

top topics

join