It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murder Charge for Ca. Man With Cannon-Like Device

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I thought an update was in order.

abcnews.go.com...

A San Diego County man who allegedly ignited a homemade cannon that exploded and killed his live-in girlfriend was charged with murder on Thursday.

Prosecutors said Richard Fox was drinking with his girlfriend and friends Tuesday at the home in Potrero, a tiny rural community near the Mexican border. Fox went outside and lit the fuse to a 21-inch-long, 2-inch-thick steel pipe that he had stuck into the ground outside, authorities said.

see link for more. his 4 y/o was in the trailer asleep.

edit on 14-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Wait a minute, first, I thought he hit the neighbor?? Not his live in girlfriend.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
see we all knew it was a pipe bomb.
darn gophers.
edit on 14-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Isn't this just a little over-charged? I always thought Murder required a little detail regarding intent. In reading the whole article, it sounds like criminal stupidity and no laughing matter about how extreme a case this is....but she was inside? He lit this from outside? She was killed with Shrapnel?

Okay..That is some shooting there if he MEANT to do that? It clearly says he went outside to light it and she was hit in the chest by shrapnel that tore into the house.

The last part that mentioned a few previous convictions sounds like he's in the running for a 3 strike hammer, regardless...and probably needs it by that level of just reckless, insane stupidity. It's hard to fathom... it was 2 inch artillery. geeze......

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I think manslaughter would be more appropriate.

that is all.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

add involuntary...and i'll agree!

line

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I agree that involuntary manslaughter would be much more fitting. I dont think there was any intent there, just a sever case of stupidity. I really think we could simplify the codes so much if we just made stupid a criminal charge and add degrees to it. Obviously he would be charged in the 100th degree.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Involuntary manslaughter it is!!

3 years. do not pass go, do not collect $200.

new topics

top topics

join