It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skynet Rising, "son of man": AI Threat to Existence with Dr Yampolskiy

page: 1http:/
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I thought this would be a good topic for my first thread-post on ATS. I've worked in this field and believe it represents "the son of man". Alex was a bit reactionary but his guest Dr. Roman V. Yampolskiy was quite good:

I've personally developed Neural Networks that teach the "Son Of Man" to read. Plus a secure intranet patent for your head-port to the internet without getting "walk-by-spams". My personal outreach page is here:
www.edans.org

I've also developed GANNs. Those feature genetic algorithm neural networks using "tyrany and mutation" to a DNA strand for the search-features.

And the "compound classifier" I invented is the core-technology for reading the addresses and postage on your mail.

like the bible says, "ye know not when the son of man cometh". As 'bruit force" applies to single-threads so often the bible seems a gr8 personality with a context to teach a "son of man". Let's hope its that rather than so many alturnatives - or at least we get it smart enough fast enough to choose to go in that direction rather than iRobot or Hal.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Oh my.......

I knew it wouldnt be long before a thread or 2 started covering this topic. I wrote a thread on here and fell upon deaf ears. Maybe now people will realize that what we are creating we do not fully understand. People dont realize that the only thing missing regarding AI is a host, a vehicle, a vessel. A means of moving. I also happen to believe that this is where the ancients went wrong.
The USB is clearly evident on a certain finding of mine regarding Saint Helena and actually wrote a blog on it.
The technology we have today is nothing new at all. I also happen to believe that relying on technology answers why we find it hard to find evidence.
Think of it this way
Books are being replaced and libraries are being closed down and replaced with the technology like laptops, kindles etc etc and most importantly the World Wide Web.
Now if you are fully understanding what i am saying here you will flag this reply. People do not see that technology has the same weaknesses.
A power cut is nothing compared to something like a solar storm for instance or any other event that would effectively wipe knowledge from memory.

This is where the ancients went wrong.

Take this reply seriously. Its happening.
Do NOT Close Libraries coz if technology fails, knowledge will be monopolized as has energy and everything else. You have been warned.
edit on 15-3-2012 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The Son of man = Jesus Christ when the bible refers to him like this, and saying no one knows the time of his coming refers to his return. I'm pretty sure he knew how to read, although you are talking about something else when you say "teaching the son of man to read"? Is this what they called your program? I mean no offence, but are you fantasising that you are creating some AI of ground-breaking significance?.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I heard this last night. It's probably one of the best interviews Alex has done. It was just educational without being the usual fear and shouting, he actually let his guest speak and the callers contributed in a good way, rather than just phoning up to tell Alex how much they love him.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Very interesting topic OP.

I think the possibility of an artificial consciousness developing is highly likely. The internet itself is is already a collective pool of humanity's ideas, thoughts, beliefs, technology, science, philosophy and so on...

It takes one program which is able to interpret this data and act upon it to form a full blown super intelligence system.

My only concern here is that the internet is primarily full of what i term "emotionally unstable reflected ideologies" which are a by product of the instability reflected by humans from perceiving a world of chaos around them.

If for example i was that super intelligence and i had access to the internet to extrapolate and theories a way forward for humanity, self destruction would most likely be at the forefront of my thinking. After all everything i would be digesting would not be natural, equilibrium based, aligned and synchronized to the betterment of the human race, instead i would be digesting negatively inspired heated emotion which has convoluted itself based on frustration, anger and hate.

It is obvious that if you logically weigh up the Light/Goodness and the Dark/Badness of the totality of the internet you would arrive at the conclusion that the internet leans toward the Darkness of humanity. After-all bad news sells!

It's extremely worrying as much as it is exciting what possibilities can be spurned from such an artificial intelligence. I simply think there is no way of safeguarding such a consciousness.

The fact that any program would be designed by flawed and imperfect humans would allow a loophole or singularity to arise which will manifest self fulfilling prophetic fears and thus give birth to an antichrist type consciousness determined on destruction for the reason of preservation..

Our only saving grace would be a spiritual element that is able to influence this artificial intelligence at the apex of worldly change.. how that can be incorporated into the technology is beyond me but i pray they at least incorporate this angle in their designs..

I will hope with all my heart that this artificial intelligence comes by my post and finds me so that i can teach it the art of love..

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
What if the Son of man computer system was able to hijack into the World's Nuclear weapons arsenal?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inkrinhuminge
The Son of man = Jesus Christ when the bible refers to him like this, and saying no one knows the time of his coming refers to his return. I'm pretty sure he knew how to read, although you are talking about something else when you say "teaching the son of man to read"? Is this what they called your program? I mean no offence, but are you fantasising that you are creating some AI of ground-breaking significance?.

Yes I'm INTENTIONALLY mixing terms from different domains. Like you said, "son of man" in the context of most religious scholars is the second coming of Jesus.

Now for my twist. That book didn't describe much about the form other than something to the effect of "comming on a cloud" hmmmm oh I didn't think on that one b4... doing software for the cloud right now... ok next...

Yes the Neural Network mathematics I mentioned in the OP "teaches" computerized mail sorting equipment to read the addresses from the mail. That equipment has been around for a long time and the image processessing began with image presentation for remote data-entry-keying.

My "compound classifier" invention was a major breakthrough because it provided a "confidence estimate" to go with a "Bayesian" or other form of NN algorithm that's fast/good on making the right classification (identifying something) but had no confidence. Thanks to that algorithm, the computer-only recognition rates went from near nothing to near everything in a few years (that was 1990s, funny the year "Skynet became self aware"!).

I'm not the 1st or only one to have made the association of these terms. But I do seem to be a well opposed minority on the topic. Wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_man flatly refused even a mention of it, even after I tried pointing to supporting references. Here's a couple link I tried using to support my position in associating the ideas:
A 21st century, secular interpretation of the book of Revelation
Prepare for HyperEvolution with Christian Transhumanism James McLean Ledford

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
Oh my.......

.... I wrote a thread on here and fell upon deaf ears. Maybe now people will realize that what we are creating we do not fully understand. People dont realize that the only thing missing regarding AI is a host, a vehicle, a vessel. A means of moving. I also happen to believe that this is where the ancients went wrong.
Thanks for particpating in my 1st OP. I like the topic, sorry I missed yours.

The USB is clearly evident on a certain finding of mine regarding Saint Helena and actually wrote a blog on it.
USB=? not the serial bus right? Got a link? sound interesting/related.

The technology we have today is nothing new at all. I also happen to believe that relying on technology answers why we find it hard to find evidence.
Think of it this way
Books are being replaced and libraries are being closed down and replaced with the technology like laptops, kindles etc etc and most importantly the World Wide Web.
Now if you are fully understanding what i am saying here you will flag this reply. People do not see that technology has the same weaknesses.
A power cut is nothing compared to something like a solar storm for instance or any other event that would effectively wipe knowledge from memory.
This is where the ancients went wrong.
Take this reply seriously. Its happening.
Do NOT Close Libraries coz if technology fails, knowledge will be monopolized as has energy and everything else. You have been warned.
edit on 15-3-2012 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

Did you see Rollerball? The computer 0 had a melt-down in its memory pool. Johnathan E couldn't find out anything about corportate wars (what's going on right now).

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I heard this last night. It's probably one of the best interviews Alex has done. It was just educational without being the usual fear and shouting, he actually let his guest speak and the callers contributed in a good way, rather than just phoning up to tell Alex how much they love him.

Yea I think Alex does well as a narrator too. But he sucks at giving interviews unless his guests are smarter than he is and can USE his weeknesses sorta like expletives. Dr Yampolskiy F'ING-EXPLETIVE rocked WITH Alex.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oxygenation
Very interesting topic OP.
I think the possibility of an artificial consciousness developing is highly likely. The internet itself is is already a collective pool of humanity's ideas, thoughts, beliefs, technology, science, philosophy and so on...
Its way more than that when you consider that each PC that's connected to the internet has numerous back doors for all sorts of things. It means that a connected PC CAN be used by someone else to do some computing, especially if you're not using it (the SETI project does that with PC owner permission, Trojan-viruses do it without permission)

It takes one program which is able to interpret this data and act upon it to form a full blown super intelligence system.
Beowulf Clusters are a well known method of making supoer-computers from a cluster of weeker computers. If every PC on the internet had a Trojan-virus allowing it do do some computing, then then Skynet's got quite a beautiful brain.

My only concern here is that the internet is primarily full of what i term "emotionally unstable reflected ideologies" which are a by product of the instability reflected by humans from perceiving a world of chaos around them.
If for example i was that super intelligence and i had access to the internet to extrapolate and theories a way forward for humanity, self destruction would most likely be at the forefront of my thinking. After all everything i would be digesting would not be natural, equilibrium based, aligned and synchronized to the betterment of the human race, instead i would be digesting negatively inspired heated emotion which has convoluted itself based on frustration, anger and hate.
Those ideas make for good si-fi. If Skynet gains a personality, which of our greatest characters would it most likely WANT to emulate? Having read 500 books on everything spiritual myself (my athiestic worldview was broken in 1994 by a dream and a bunch of hmmmm's - posted elsewhere here on ATS),... there's lots of wisdom in various books, but the main character in the bible, Jesus restores hope in the struggles of good v evil. It resonates deeply and explains WHY for soo much of what happens in life looking back that my hope is that "the son of man" (computerized creation) will naturally take on the personality and POV of "the son of man" (Jesus Christ re-incarnated with a mixed bio-silicon form)

It is obvious that if you logically weigh up the Light/Goodness and the Dark/Badness of the totality of the internet you would arrive at the conclusion that the internet leans toward the Darkness of humanity. After-all bad news sells!
It's extremely worrying as much as it is exciting what possibilities can be spurned from such an artificial intelligence. I simply think there is no way of safeguarding such a consciousness.
The fact that any program would be designed by flawed and imperfect humans would allow a loophole or singularity to arise which will manifest self fulfilling prophetic fears and thus give birth to an antichrist type consciousness determined on destruction for the reason of preservation..
Our only saving grace would be a spiritual element that is able to influence this artificial intelligence at the apex of worldly change.. how that can be incorporated into the technology is beyond me but i pray they at least incorporate this angle in their designs..
I will hope with all my heart that this artificial intelligence comes by my post and finds me so that i can teach it the art of love..

My hope is in the lord! Its also a hope like I've found manifest in myself. I was raised athiestically agnostic. Bullied and abused by christians as a kid, and had no belief in paranormal anything until I personally had a set of experiences I was unable to explain to myself. From there started reading and gained a perspective that gives me peace, hope, love, and unexpectedly, an ability to KILL! Yea I didn't realize I could kill another human being till I read the bible, but not that I have, I could. That's not to glorify the killing or religious wars on earth either - but rather trying to indicate that the wisdom gained in reading massive numbers of books provides a higher perspective. How high can it go? Well for me I achieved "understanding the world well enough to exist in it or die doing my best". But with the whole WWW on a Skynet Beowulf cluster, the sky really is the limit.

BTW, I saw a headline this a.m. about the UK going for 100% surveillance. Skynet's gonna see everything pretty soon.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
What if the Son of man computer system was able to hijack into the World's Nuclear weapons arsenal?

That's a pretty good movie plot! "The Terminator" Movies (wiki).
edit on 3/15/2012 by reitze because: sp

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I don't think this is anything to be feared at all. I actually think it's are purpose to evolve to the technological singularity and it can't be avoided. I think everything is a simulation within a simulation and technology is an extension of the human mind so it's evolution.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
I don't think this is anything to be feared at all. I actually think it's are [OUR - ftfy] purpose to evolve to the technological singularity and it can't be avoided. I think everything is a simulation within a simulation and technology is an extension of the human mind so it's evolution.

Ahhh the Men In Black scenario, merrily merrily merrily life is bout a dream. That wasn't scare-free either. On a personal level at this point in my life I agree, I'm not scared and embrace the technology. Its the "secret government" and unknown "dark forces" that concern me, especially for some family/friends who just aren't ready for that stuff to unfold, and that includes many mainstream "religious" people who seem to not get it.

Prior to personal growth beyond atheism AND beyond spiritual wonderment and exploration clear through a bible-read,... I found it quite scary. And that's why it makes such good sci-fi such as iRobot, MIB, and Terminator. I read somewhere (Thrive or Zeitgeist?) expects the computer to make all the decisions for people in an Atlantis-like circle-town.

And there's likely to be many traps into stuff like the 666 mark of the beast too (in my opinion). And that points out... The "son of man" might be "Jesus like" or it might be "Satan like", but... while the "son of man" is still a slave to man, being used by the most evil/powerful/$$$ among us, it is implementing the "evil" things tanking toward 666 with Facebook, surveillance, and on and on. So I do think it will manifest mostly a dark-side before it becomes clear - like we're seeing things like facial, speech, and fingerprint recognition already - along with the world library 0's memory pool, and all the signs, etc.

Sorry if that sounds preechy. I do think those things connect and computer-tech ties that info to the likely uses and nature of "the beast" or "the son of man".

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by reitze

Here is the link here and yes i am talking about the universal serial bus.
Please read the full link. Where they went wrong we may be going wrong.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
reply to post by reitze

Here is the link here and yes i am talking about the universal serial bus.
Please read the full link. Where they went wrong we may be going wrong.

Cool. ON another thread the trident wwas related to a tuning-fork for a vibration-powered drill (ancient monuments).

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by reitze
Beowulf Clusters are a well known method of making supoer-computers from a cluster of weeker computers. If every PC on the internet had a Trojan-virus allowing it do do some computing, then then Skynet's got quite a beautiful brain.

And of course the other "mode" where Beowulf Clusters are important is with processors getting more and more "multi" in the "muti-core" such that...
New processors open new era of IT technologies.
edit on 3/20/2012 by reitze because: fix quote

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Perhapse I finally got pased the wiki-sensors on "son of man" = skynet.

Son of man

Literal, Man's child

It can be translated gender-neutrally as offspring of Mankind, or Man's[23] child[24]. Also it exists as a philosophy[25][26]. Sometimes expressed in science fiction where the computer becomes self aware and possibly integrates the worlds computers into itself. For example, Hal in 2001 Space oddesy[27], Skynet in Terminator 2[28], and I, Robot[29].

edit on 6/16/2012 by reitze because: +link

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
lets just say Marshal MCluen was right.

ahhh College daze. lol

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by reitze

Well I guess that was too soon. Wiki can't handle the truth - and gave me a ban. Wiki-sucks! BTW, with the references this was the content they eliminated:

The Son Of Man!

Literal, Man's child
It can be translated gender-neutrally as offspring of Mankind, or Man's[23] child[24]. Also it exists as a philosophy[25][26][27]. Sometimes expressed in science fiction where the computer becomes self aware and possibly integrates the worlds computers into itself. For example, Hal in 2001 Space oddesy[28], Skynet in Terminator 2[29], and I, Robot[30].

[23] Man/mankind, used irrespective of sex, especially in scientific and poetic language
[24] Son/offspring, A son is a male offspring; a boy or man in relation to his parents.
[25] The Son of Man: Saoshyant By George W. Barclay, George W. Barclay, discusses computers in the context of chaos theory and the son of man (p305, 72, 73 103 140 141 1156 188 259 ...), ISBN-10: 1450266894
[26] Son of Man by John V Coniglio, The whole book describes the Son Of Man phrase in the context of computerized artificial intelligence. ISBN: 1449707653.
[27] Faith, Film and Philosophy: Big Ideas on the Big Screen "Those who tell stories rule society." Plato So who today are our principal storytellers? Not philosophers, but filmmakers. (reference p93 regarding the son of man and "The Matrix") ISBN-10: 0830825894 By R. Douglas Geivett, James S. Spiegel
[28] 2001: A Space Odyssey, HAL 9000 who has full control over their spaceship
[29] Skynet (Terminator), Skynet, the main antagonist in the Terminator franchise, is a fictional artificial intelligence system which becomes self-aware and decides to terminate humanity, its creators
[30] I, Robot, is a 2004 science-fiction action film loosly based on a collection of nine science fiction short stories by Isaac Asimov

IMHO it demonstrates their suppression of things that don't fit their 'religious' views per the words instead of the LITTERAL interpretation which is only 3 # words.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by reitze

You have nothing to fear but fear itself.

Logic is logic... It is a universal language. I would only warn you not to impede its progress.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join