It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HD video of UFO Stalking Chilean Jets Over Santiago Air Base

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
is it "cool a UFO" "cool finally the smoking gun!" "cool, some strangers said this and that, therefore i blindly believe w/out doing any research myself"

I'm not thinking either way really until we get the other videos, that's if we get them...

Gotta admit it seems to have the movement nature of a bug but you've got Leslie Keane, Chilean Air Force, scientists, etc, on this and there's supposed to be corresponding videos from others that back it up. I guess patience is the key, because without other videos none of us are looking like settling anything and it'll just be pointless arguments going around in circles if either side tries to.

Personally I think the question isn't "Is it a bug or not?" and instead "What's holding up the release of the other footage?"
edit on 16-3-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

thank you. can you provide a link to it.

nevermind, i googled the text. that is what i mean, it is all posted on ufo sites. it is a copy/paste across various ufo related sites.

just trying to find a link from the Chilean AF.....wish I spoke Spanish...grrr
edit on March 16th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

i put more faith in the many of the members HERE who continually demonstrate their passion and knowledge and expertise then some article that has "alledged claims that so and so of notability said this and that"....
edit on March 16th 2012 by greeneye dleo because: (no reason given)
Gimme a break, many members here don't even know the basics when it comes to ufology - including history, the science and serious people and research involved - and are just shouting. This seems especially true for some "critics". I doubt ATS will bring the answer to the UFO phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

nevermind, i googled the text. that is what i mean, it is all posted on ufo sites. it is a copy/paste across various ufo related sites.

Here's a link to the CEFFA web site, the organization headed by General Bermudez. Unfortunately, as you stated, you don't speak his language. Maybe you should try to contact him directly. He speaks yours.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

You can follow the link on the Chilean Airforce site you posted to the DGAC which (I think) is the Chilean CAA equivalent.

The DGAC has a link on their page to their subgroup CEFAA.

The organisation appears legitimate. It doesn't mean they are correct but they are not just UFO kooks from the internet.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

You can follow the link on the Chilean Airforce site you posted to the DGAC which (I think) is the Chilean CAA equivalent.

The organisation appears legitimate. It doesn't mean they are correct but they are not just UFO kooks from the internet.

The CEFAA is part of the Chilean equivalent of the United States Federal Aviation Administration.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker

The CEFAA is part of the Chilean equivalent of the United States Federal Aviation Administration.

Yes. Thats what I said. That FAA/CAA equivalent organisation is the Directorate General of Civil Aviation of Chile (DGAC) and the CEFAA is a subgroup of it.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I know I was derisively dismissed by UFOGlobe, but here's my small bit of "analysis," if you will. First, as I said before:

"The video at the Huffington Post link is of a bit higher quality (especially when you up it to 720p), and the "object" is much more discernible when you then increase the video to full-screen. The quality of the embedded YT video is a bit degraded. Anyway, around the :27 second mark of the video, the "object" appears to emerge from the hills in the far background (on the far right...1/8th of the way in) before banking screen-left and shooting off. Since it "appeared" within the frame (rather than from outside the frame) and, seemingly, from behind the hill, it appears to be at that great a distance away, and just might rule out it being a bug. That, along with the testimony of the various people with hands on analysis and 6 other supposedly corroborating videos. But, for now, I'm looking at the appearance at the :27 second mark (:30 second mark for slo-mo)."

Now, further, I don't see it anywhere "blending" into the background (UFOGlobe's contention). It doesn't even seem to make sense. The background in question is light blue (sky) and light brown (hills), and the "object" is discernibly black (at that point in the video).

So, in order for it to be a bug, I'd imagine it would have had to come from off-screen. If that "object" would have come from off-screen, it would have had to come from the right, make an instantaneous/complete stop (at the location 1/8th of the way in frame), and instantly circle round the other way. Not only that, it appears to have already been traveling along that trajectory (in which it began to bank screen-left) to begin with. I'd make a gif of it if I knew how, but just set your cursor to the :27 mark, let it play, and the click it back to :27 to repeat a couple times (and do the same for the slo-mo :30 second mark). Make note to see if you can see it "blend in" anywhere before it suddenly appears.

Also, of somewhat note, it never crosses the horizon line...or any point of the ground, for that matter. It approaches around the :29 second mark (:43 for slo-mo), but never actually dips below before disappearing frame-left. A bug zipping around the lens of a camera would have to be in the close foreground, and not at all be effected/limited by the background, or mid-ground (having "free-reign" to move about the entire frame, is what I mean). If, at any point, it had crossed that line, or could be contrasted against any part of the ground, I think it might help - for me, at least - to declare it a "bug." This isn't as important as my first point, just something I noticed.

NOT saying this "proves" it isn't a bug, or even "proves" it is in the distant background...just thought it was an aspect of it that no one else had mentioned, and more of a way to try to analyze it beyond simple bickering. Like I said before, I'm curious to see what these other 6 videos have to offer, and am in no rush to judgement.
edit on 16-3-2012 by deometer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm not surprised....

One of the most amazing pieces of video evidence for UFOs ever, captured by no less than 7 cameras and most here are saying "it's a bug".

...and there you go.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It looks like bugs to me, specifically a type of gnat. If there were 7 angles, all around the same area, i'm sure they could have all filmed gnats from all the locations. The insects are clear to see when they fly only in the sky. Why not show more video or more angles?

Newspapers love to sensationalize things, especially a paper like huffingtonpost. All they care about are hits on their site, so they are loving this. It seems pretty clear to me that they are insects.. They look like they have a black body with white or clear wings. I just can't believe how many flags this has.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOGlobe

Just like how you pulled some numbers out of thin air. But your analysis is more shoddy than mine.

The object moves that far in 1 frame, not 3 frames. So even using your numbers of 12.5 mph, it'd be going 37.5 mph, and it's moving diagonally to the camera.

I'm sure you noticed the object was clearly going diagonal to the camera, was that a lapse in thought or what?

Pulling numbers out of the air is what you have to do, even the scientists, when you have limited time and resources and are trying to figure out the gist of it. The important thing is, do they make sense. Yours don't. But I appreciate your efforts.

We're not on Mythbusters so given that, a bee in the video you provided looked to be similar to the object when it was about 10 ft away. The object in this video crosses from one side of the picture to the other in less than 4 frames. And doing some math that you or I don't know at the moment, the distance traveled might be 20-30 ft. I was looking at 24 fps, but if the camera was 30 fps, the speed of the object would be even faster.

If you're going to get "technical", don't fudge up the numbers. But looks like some ATS members enjoy that sort of thing.

edit on 16-3-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
has anyone had any luck finding these other videos? if they exist that is where we will find the truth

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

Originally posted by OGOldGreg
I find it hard to believe that it's a bug mostly because look at the shot where it passes the F15's, In 3 shots it makes it all the way across the screen, and the F15's virtually haven't moved at all. That indicates to me that it must me moving extremely fast. Much more fast than any insect i've ever heard of

Well it could just be the distance. Something far away seems to move slower than something right in your face. Good point though, you could be right about that.

The bug explanation falls away when presented by multiple videos all showing the same thing from different vantage points. It can't be the same bug on all the lenses.

Did I miss a post? Where are the multiple videos showing multiple angles? Were they presented in this thread? Or is that still just a rumour?
If it is just a rumour, then the bug theory is absolutely spot on IMO.....

edit on March 15th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

Wow give them some time to release the other videos at least. And it's not a rumour, it's a government released statement, and we can all recal serious things that happen because of government statements. Also, the zoom and current ananlsis of the object does not look like any bug we know of so I can't possibly see how the bug rumour could be anything like "spot on" at this stage

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Reply to post by greeneyedleo

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the back-link Eleven and more so for the kind words.

Originally posted by elevenaugust
[snip]

Thinking this way, everybody can do a "heat study":

I agree with what you (and Stiver) say here as IF the image posted was representative of the “heat study” that was alleged had been undertaken then this directly disputes the veracity of the claims in their entirety.

Kean writes that: “…the bottom is darker and flat, emitting some form of energy which is visible in photo analysis. Infrared studies show the entire object is radiating heat, just like the jets.”

Let’s think about it, no-one seen this at the time (which is a red-flag in itself) so the only evidence they have are the video(s), right?

A digital video/image extracted from one is essentially a collection of pixels, right?

Well, I wonder what kind of new-fangled technology these experts have access to that allows them to detect the heat signature of digitised pixels?! (I know, I know, I bet its alien tech!!) And if this is the case then why is there no heat concentration around the exhausts of the aircraft? As it’s evenly distributed around the aircraft then I guess they’re using antigravity, the plot thickens…..

Also regarding the, “Infrared studies show the entire object is radiating heat,” well as infrared light is electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength longer than that of visible light, I guess this means the video-cameras are detecting light outside of the visible spectrum now? (Simultaneously).

Speaking for myself I’m not saying this is necessarily a bug, what I am saying is that I haven’t seen anything that suggests it’s not, not least its resemblance to known & confirmed Blurfos:

If you watch this animation then in my opinion it even behaves like known Blurfos (i.e. insects & birds):

Or perhaps the ‘flying saucerer’ is just learning to fly which would account for the erratic –almost insect like- flight path? As I wrote in my Blog post a couple of days ago:

Besides which it seems simple enough to resolve this as since it has been alleged seven cameras captured the UFO independently then surely one of the ‘eight skeptical scientists’ or the ‘expert in digital imaging’ thought to triangulate the footage from separate cameras to evaluate the size of the UFO?

If so then present the evidence that it’s not insects and we can move forward, if not then at least address this troubling aspect which at this point is surely an elephant in the room?

And as for the experts testimony if it’s by the same experts whom are extracting infrared & heat signatures from digitised images then I’m not holding out too much hope for their conclusions, although I sincerely hope I’m proven wrong.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrDil

If you watch this animation then in my opinion it even behaves like known Blurfos (i.e. insects & birds):

Cheers.

that animation just proves to me more it is a bug zipping around. it literally acts and moves like one. you can even see the SHAPE changing as if it is wings flapping or it is erratically flying around (just like bugs do)

and its so freaking tiny if close to camera....and maybe a small bird, if further away.....that is an insect or bird clearly IMO....

how is it so easily dismissed by some

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
dailymail.co.uk just posted an article about this, spelling mistakes, abundant, commas, and all. Geez, maybe I should apply for a job there.

Cosmic Log said that, for independent research to take place, the other six videos must be released, as well as details about the camera-men, and their relationship to each, in order to ascertain if a hoax had been carried out.

Nothing new about it really but at least its receiving a little mainstream publicity so maybe we'll get those videos, or the rest of them or whatever. So I guess the ball is trying to roll a little bit.

reply to post by greeneyedleo

That particular part of the video was irking me as well, odd that apparently it just dives almost to the ground.
edit on 16-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Why do Things Look Wavy in the Heat?
www.wisegeek.com...

edit on 16-3-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think its not a UFO or a bug or Bird. Let me be the first to actually say i think its an extraterrestrial vehicle of some sort. yeah. i said it.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Not sure if somebody has posted this yet, but the vid in question is from 2010..

leslie kean's facebook: www.facebook.com...

The footage, from 2010, appears to show a 'spot' moving quickly from frame to frame, causing the engineer who spotted the aberration enough alarm that he alerted the Chilean Government.

and

I can barely keep up with the many responses to this story, so please be patient and I will respond more soon! I'll be in touch with the CEFAA about more information.

..but once I get more data they won't have a leg to stand on. Rational people can simply ignore them. They will be left with no argument once we prove it's not a bug - by showing the other videos and studies from Chile - and not a hoax.

Shes also the author of a UFO book.. I don't know, if she's contacting the CEFAA now about it, instead of before she published the articles... that just leads me to believe she found it on some ufo digest site and wanted it to spread it. I cannot find a single other source for this information, other than copied and pasted on every ufo site (sounds familiar right?).

Otherwise this wouldn't be the first hoax in spanish that nobody could verify due to a language barrier or lack of spanish ATSers. But if its been 2 years from the original story and there still aren't any other videos or information on it.. it might be safe to say it's not real. My first thought was a bug when I watched it, and it very well could be just that and somebody with an imagination.
edit on 16-3-2012 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join