It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New species of Hominids discovered in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Long ago it was predicted that new groups of the human family tree would be uncovered in China due to migrations from Africa.

That prediction has now been confirmed with the finding of what is called The Red Deer Cave People. These people have traits which give it a unique standing in the human family tree.

These people are possibly related to the Donosivian, DNA evidence suggests that they mated with Homo Sapiens Sapiens long ago.

If nothing else an interesting read.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Fascinating stuff, the speculation here could be endless as to where this species fits into our evolutionary ancestry. It never ceases to amaze me how far-flung many of our ancestors and relatives became, with some suggestion that pre-human hominid species were able to build rafts and even had spoken languages (or at least the biological ability to create one). Really at this point the tree analogy fails evolution, it's more like a tangled web of biology.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Agreed on the tangled web part.
Sort of related-this board doesn't seem to be the right one... What is a good board for anthropology/archaeolgy related items-from the science side of things instead of conspiracy?
edit on 14-3-2012 by lordtyp0 because: Typos... bleh

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I wonder if this is Denisovan, which until now we've known only from a single finger bone.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny
I wonder if this is Denisovan, which until now we've known only from a single finger bone.

seems to be lots of new fossil evidence from china

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by discountgenetics

Originally posted by HappyBunny

seems to be lots of new fossil evidence from china

It's not new, though. This skull was found in 1979.

The Chinese are famously secretive about finds on their soil.
edit on 3/15/2012 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join