It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul To Energy Secretary Chu: "Why Are We Giving $500M Loan To A Billionaire?"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshepherd2
In my opinion, the only way a free market with no regulations, as well as a true democracy, could work, is if the majority is extremely informed/educated about everything going on up there, which is asking a lot.

Why do you think we don't have politics in school? To keep us dumb and out of the picture. The installed fake democracy is only there to keep us tamed.

Originally posted by theshepherd2
I may not be giving people enough credit, but history doesn't lie.

Sadly, history lies because it's the winners that write it. The winner is always a hero and a general while the loser is the terrorist and the bad person.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Billonaires only become so when they spend other peoples money and not thier own. Its cheaper to use other peoples money and you keep your own money safe.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

You're right that we shouldn't abandon the knowledge from our shared past, but neither should we abandon the great creations we have conjured since then. Yes, money has become a little to big in the mind's of men, but that isn't something we'll do away with just by doing away with currency. Men will still trade and barter and the clever ones will find a way to amass themselves a "fortune" no matter what that fortune is made of, and they will wield the power that comes with it.

Money is simply the clearest incarnation of power to the common man, and the only way to make them realize it's true worth is only what we deem it to be, is to punish those who wield their power like a gun. Unfortunately, through bribery, lobbying and all the other powers a rich man may wield depending upon his personal assets (factories, newspapers, ect) they have made it clear that a bunch of money will usually put you just up above the law.

The truth is, we're all above whatever we choose to be, and we could be above money without abandoning it's convenience. All the masses ever to do to change things is speak with one, explosive voice. A politicians greatest fear is a swarm of angry voters, and a tyrant's the same, but for the changing of voter to serfs, or commoners, or proles.

My point, sir, is that what we have created so far as society goes - I wouldn't mind seeing certain technologies swept under the rug - should not be abandoned outright for a life as primitives. We left that for a reason, and that is the mind and spirit yearn for more. A man destined to shape the world, so to speak, would not have his ambitions quelled simply by a successful hunt. Oh no, it was those men and women who started us on the path which lead to nations, and they would do it again. The only way to break the cycle is to start us on a new one, jump the track, so to speak. We must fix what we have, augment it, but never cast it aside.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Why did you ignore what I said about unregulated capitalism? The slave part. The market doesn't have ethics, it is not going to protect you. It doesn't care if you are exposed to carcinogenic chemicals on the job and you die 5 years later. Why anyone would trust the people making short term profit on you? blows my mind. You've been so brainwashed with "less government intrusion" that you lose all common sense on how corporations have NO morals.

And gas prices are actually rising due to spectators, while the dollar looses value at the same time. The market doesn't make the gas price, the spectators do. Derivatives are unregulated and are now destroying the world. They caused the 2008 housing crash and collapsed Greece.

Oil prices are set by commodities traders who buy and sell futures contracts on the commodities exchanges.These are agreements to buy or sell oil at a specific date in the future at a specific price. Commodities traders can create a self-fulfilling prophecy by bidding up oil futures prices. Once this starts, it can create an asset bubble. Unfortunately, the one who pays for this bubble is you!

Like most of the things you buy, oil prices are affected by supply and demand. However, oil prices are also affected by oil price futures, which are traded on the commodities futures exchange. These prices fluctuate daily, depending on what investors think the price of oil will be in the future. When traders think oil will be high, they bid it up even higher. This soon causes rising gas prices.

useconomy.about.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Unregulated capitalism doesn't work!!!!!

That is hilarious Regulated capitalism doesn't the only monopoly that exists is government picking and choosing winners and losers and giving them free money.

Sorry to burst bubbles everyone and everything is subsidized in this country from billionaires even like Soros to all those poor people to fish and bridges and roads and everything in between.

Personally i am more outraged when trillions have gone to saving plants,animals and bugs and wetlands/swamps.
edit on 15-3-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

it is stuff like this that makes me want to scream! how many times have we the taxpayers bailed out most of the major industries that make this country (and by the trickle-down-effect philosophy the rest of the world)???!!! someone with so much money should not be allowed such special treatment. so what if they have more money than all the citizens in my state combined! so what if we don't bail them out our economy will crash and burn! I hope it does! this way of life today is a dangerous house of cards and i'm sensing a very strong wind coming...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Given that we give billions of dollars every day to the oil billionaires and if Jr. Paul gets his way we will continue to do that for ever, it is a rather idiotic question for Junior to be asking, even for someone who thinks stomping on women's heads after pushing her to the ground is an appropriate way of dealing with people who disagrees with him.
edit on 16-3-2012 by stanats because: spelling

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Removed
edit on 16-3-2012 by ddaniel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Thank you Hawk, I get really tired of the mindless prattle that these people espouse. Let's take 6 billion people and go live in peace with nature, to quote Dave Chappel "N**** Please!".

The real problem partially exposed by Rand Paul is not the failure of capitalism, it is the failure of any elected form of government. Obama is going to spend $750,000,000 to be elected to a $400,000/year job with benefits. I think that should give you a hint that there's a lot of favors to be given away to his supporters. In a true capitalist system no one spends nearly a billion to get an annual return of $400,000.

As we can now openly observe, thanks to Obama where he overtly takes public funds and rewards his constituency and donors-labor unions=GM, green energy contributors=Solandra, Banksters-Goldman Sachs,etc. Covertly, Bush rewarded the military industrial complex and some of the same. In short in any government that has elections will ultimately becomes a farce and results in corruption on massive levels. Anyone with a brain knows democracy has always failed. A representative constitutional republic just takes longer to reach the same point as elected officials by the people have to work around and destroy the constitutional law.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Nice find. The look on Secretary Cho's face in the last second of the video is priceless.

It's nice to see one person who is persistent during these hearings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join