It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my teacher right?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
My teacher says that my country, or the United States, are going to war because we want to control the world. Is my teacher right? I'm 11 and I'm not sure what to think.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
No, Katie, Mr. S is just liberal.
Couldn't you have asked me?
Now I feel as though my intelligence is insulted.

It's just that everyone doesn't like bush and wants to make up stuff about him. See? He's merely the lesser of two evils. (bush and keryy)
That's how I always think about it.

[edit on 21-9-2004 by DanD9]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
well, i'd go tell your parents about what she said. teachers should not be expresssing their political views in front of a class, thats just not right.

BTW, the COPPA registratiion form should be on

~TSK

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
NO, is not right and forget aobut the liberal thing.

I am a teacher and is not right for her to voice her personal views in front of you or the other students.

Explain what she said to your parents and let's see what they think about it.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Bah!

Your teacher is a moron, perverting your young mind. Don't listen to her.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
That's my sister! (KatieD) Anyways I have a super political science teacher. She tells the class that big businesses ruin the environment and that the govmt should have more restrictions and that humans are ruining the Earth and a whole bunch of other liberal propaganda.

She told the class that humans were parasites of the earth and we are like viruses!
I'm mad.

And her teacher can't tell between South Africa and North America on a map.

I think schools should stop that, but I think our principal is supporting it.

Makes me mad...

Don't worry, I'll just tell someone who knows what to do.

[edit on 21-9-2004 by DanD9]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KatieD
My teacher says that my country, or the United States, are going to war because we want to control the world. Is my teacher right? I'm 11 and I'm not sure what to think.

Tell your parents to stop using their child to make a political point on a website.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You know....If you don't agree with the teacher you can always make your parents go B**** to the principal to get her/him fired

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Marg is right on this one - it's not that the teacher is liberal, it's that she is expressing personal opinions inappropriately.

My daughter came home last year with an assignment to write a letter CBS complaining about Janet Jackson's boob. I was livid. Teachers should teach not use the classroom as a political/religious forum.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Tell your parents to stop using their child to make a political point on a website.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Do you not think that youth these days have their own opinion?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735

uh..wtf? She said her teacher was saing this s***, not her parents.

also, she said nothing about her parents makeing her post.

link   
Your 11-year old "sister's" signature line:

EXTREME Libertarian!
"Only the weak do romance"-by me

Your signature line:

EXTREME Libertarian

Nice try man, you make your political party members look bad. Somebody has some explaining to do.

[edit on 21-9-2004 by MKULTRA]

link   
Your teacher should not be discussing their poltics views in class like that espcailyl when they are 11 year olds or younger, where they are usually incapable of thinking poltically.

Now my History teacher does'nt like Bush and he talks about it but he allows us to argue and debate about it with him, getting both sides out He is'nt brainwashing us he's teaching us about poltics and thinking for yourself.

When a teacher does that, when they brainwash like that conserative or liberal it is wrong and they should be reported.

EDIT- And yes he/she is wrong.

[edit on 9-21-2004 by JediMaster]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Katie's my sister, I go to the same school, and I'm pretty sure the principal is supporting this type of "telling students how things should be."
She's trying to spread her political opinion to the 1800 kids at our school!
And yes, I saw Katie typing this. It wasn't my parents. My parents can hardly use a 'puter!

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

Nice try man, you make your political party members look bad. Somebody has some explaining to do

oh, I feel dumb now
Im going to wait a bit and see what happens before I lay down a comment.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
She may be right...she may be wrong. You decide. Look at the evidense around you. Read the news. Check out Bush's platform. Read. Read. READ!!!

Either way that teach needs a swift beating for trying to sway your political status.

Let my avatar brainwash you...not your teacher....MWUHAHAHAHA

[Edited on 21-9-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Ok something is being unravled here... I feel stupid now, so is this just a poly or what
?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Katie, Dan,

It's people like brimstone735 that you need to ignore here on ATS.

Good thread, glad to see that even the youth have political views.

Mind if I ask how old Dan is? Are you maybe influencing your sister too much?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm 13, she's 11. Yes I asked her to take a political test and she IS libertarian, and before that I never talked to her about politics.
What's COPPA form?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
May I have a link to this Political Test?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join