It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost News Footage on Rendlesham Forest Incident.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Found this and thought I'd share. Always been fascinated by this case and this video just adds more intrigue.

For those of you not familiar with this case, here's a summary:

The incident occurred in the vicinity of two former military bases - RAF Bentwaters, which is just to the north of the forest, and RAF Woodbridge which extends into the forest from the west and is bounded by the forest on its northern and eastern edges. At the time, both were being used by the United States Air Force and were under the command of wing commander Colonel Gordon E. Williams. The base commander was Colonel Ted Conrad, and his deputy was Lieutenant Colonel Charles I. Halt. Halt's memo to the Ministry of Defence on the incident, and his personal involvement in the second night of the sightings, has given the case credibility.

edit on 14-3-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Sorry , just posting reply so I can catch up later......thanks

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Was interesting watch. I'm not familiar enough with hte case to say one way or the other if this was amazingly well done or not ... but it does appear to be a lot less Oprah than the current ancient aliens / UFO investigating docu-dramas.

I actually appreciated the lack of droning music and ridiculously awesome motion graphics.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Always been fascinated by this case....

Me too. I am interested in it from a modern myth-making in progress and find it fascinating to study. From the key players changing their stories (as they became more and more popular....)....to the key players not even agreeing on who was there.....to the crowds of alien and ufo folks that seemingly shut their minds down when it comes to anything that might cast this case in a bad light....to the changing evidence over the years.....to the incorrect radiation readings that to this day still get touted over and over by eager believers.....well, you get the idea.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Always been fascinated by this case....

Me too. I am interested in it from a modern myth-making in progress and find it fascinating to study. From the key players changing their stories (as they became more and more popular....)....to the key players not even agreeing on who was there.....to the crowds of alien and ufo folks that seemingly shut their minds down when it comes to anything that might cast this case in a bad light....to the changing evidence over the years.....to the incorrect radiation readings that to this day still get touted over and over by eager believers.....well, you get the idea.

Thank you for your input mate. You can keep touting minor discrepencies all day but the fact is something out of the ordinary happened here, nothing I've heard or read has made me doubt that. If you have something decent then please share.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
That is a bit different than I expected, especially with CNN. They actually appeared to cover it as a story.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

And you what else is screwed up? That news report isn't to be found in many places.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Errors abound. There are many cases in which a magazine, newspaper, etc. labels a photo as being of some famous person when it's actually a photo of someone else. Various sources disagree on the dimensions of historic spacecraft that still exist in the Smithsonian. There are grammatical errors in highly respected classic books and even factual errors in school textbooks. You can't expect ordinary soldiers to be held to a higher standard than that when reporting strange events for which no one is prepared and corroborating evidence is being withheld. Many celebrities can't handle the pressures of fame and end up overdosing. You can't expect those soldiers to do any better on that kind of tightrope. On any controversial issue, people can articulate the case just as poorly and later be proved to have been right.

new topics

top topics

join