It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A U.F.O. Factory on Mars?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I went to lighten the top of a Mars atmosphere photo and came across an unbelievable Anomaly. I only brightened it for the video. You can find this photo anywhere if you search mars atmosphere. It is very popular. Go ahead and give it a try. The video is short so stick with it, you'll will see what I Mean. God Bless. RPeternell
I don't think you can sharpen black space to produce this affect. Any Idea's?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Watched the video and it is interesting. He makes some valid statements concerning straight lines in natural settings.

My question: this is a popular photo, right? Surely the folks at NASA could have removed the "structures" quite easily. Heck, I could do it with a scanner and a pair of scissors. So why release a photo that is almost guaranteed to be "discovered?".

link   
reply to post by RPeternell

Overly pixellated. And just a bunch of extraneous noise.

Not showing any real objects. Just digital noise.

reply to post by smyleegrl

He makes some valid statements concerning straight lines in natural settings.

Straight "lines" because of the way digitization of images works, in the modern era.

Nothing else than that.

edit on Wed 14 March 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

link   
Just to embed for you

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I thought the same thing until I studied it. I really don't understand it either. It is what it is.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Could those not be gases in the atmosphere or picture artifacts? Not really seeing the "UFO Factory".......

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RPeternell
I went to lighten the top of a Mars atmosphere photo and came across an unbelievable Anomaly. I only brightened it for the video. You can find this photo anywhere if you search mars atmosphere. It is very popular. Go ahead and give it a try. The video is short so stick with it, you'll will see what I Mean. God Bless. RPeternell
I don't think you can sharpen black space to produce this affect. Any Idea's?
www.youtube.com...

I am so relieved to find that you also had a problem embedding a YouTube video! I thought that there was something wrong with my computer, although I have been successful in the past. Phew. Malformed URL ID, my butt!

BTW, I just left these comments on your video a few moments ago as SkepticalEd:

Interesting presentation. Over at Above Top Secret, where i found your video a few moments ago, we've had similar presentations done on Apollo missions lunar photos. I want to point out to your that the cigar shape you show in the photo looks suspiciously to me as that of a rod and not a cigar-shaped UFO. Rods in photos and videos have been mistaken for UFOs.

SkepticalEd 46 seconds ago

edit on 14-3-2012 by The Shrike because: To add comment.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Not all cluttered like that. If you try and sharpen black space, you usualy get colored pixels. There is something there, it might of been a mistake from the editor of the original photo. Point to ponder. thank you for the url repair.
edit on 14-3-2012 by RPeternell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
"I didn't do anything with it, all I did was lighten it up!"

Is a bit vague.

No information about image source. Glossing over the techniques used. Being surprised that a logical compression system that operates on blocks of pixels has geometric squares when you take the image to the cleaners. There's dramatically different ways to brighten up an image which will do dramatically more random things.

Stair casing is actually a really common artifact in images like this, so I'd want dramatically more technical information before someone dismisses this type of thing as 'no way that can be an artifact'.

edit on 14-3-2012 by Pinke because: I being more nice

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RPeternell

Do you have a nasa source for that picture? Maybe others (not me, I can't do jack with image editing software, well, I can start it and gaze in wonder at the myriad of buttons and guess their functions...) here can help shed light on it. As for youtube, your problem is that you copy the whole url whereas you only need the unique code.

Example, the whole url is (slightly padded with junk) www.youtube.com...

When posting it on ATS using the youtube button, all you need is dJkbLVOlBFE

Hope it helps.

reply to post by Pinke

Maybe you can see that he is a relatively new member and possibly not aware of all the rules and customs here. You raise valid points but word them perhaps just a tad unfriendly?
edit on 14/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added a reply to previous poster

ETA And by new, I mean he doesn't post much here, just to be clear.
edit on 14/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
i thought pixelated too until i studied some things around it. it is very strange and my theory is, its that ship thats been spotted hangin around mars. its just behind it and peekin around the corner so to speak. heck its possible.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Watched the video and it is interesting. He makes some valid statements concerning straight lines in natural settings.

My question: this is a popular photo, right? Surely the folks at NASA could have removed the "structures" quite easily. Heck, I could do it with a scanner and a pair of scissors. So why release a photo that is almost guaranteed to be "discovered?".

Because, perhaps, what one sees in the video is the result of using PhotoShop or any computer software that creates the effect. What we need is verification by someone with a different program to see if they come up with the effect. Anyone here game?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I see nothing but discolored squares. How do you get a UFO factory from those pictures? Is this what counts as evidence now? Boy we have come a long way.

edit on 14-3-2012 by davidwaters84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I think this is where the martians manufacture all those heads, sculptures and faces that they scatter around mars just to mess with us. Martians are notorious practical jokers in fact our word Acme comes from the martian word for fool. Oh I think my ray gun is done charging and I am off to see about a rabbit, have fun

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It is a very popular photo. Search ESA, that is where it is at. Or Nasa and happy face crater. This is not fake. I do not know what is is either. That is why the video is a question. Thanks RPeternell

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Because, perhaps, what one sees in the video is the result of using PhotoShop or any computer software that creates the effect. What we need is verification by someone with a different program to see if they come up with the effect. Anyone here game?

I have photoshop on my computer. Unfortunately, all I know how to do is start the program and then stare at the gadgets. Don't think it'll be to helpful...

link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
Maybe you can see that he is a relatively new member and possibly not aware of all the rules and customs here. You raise valid points but word them perhaps just a tad unfriendly?

I'm just being straight to the point and laying out criteria for improvement.

I'm actually one of the nicer persons when it comes to this kind of stuff. I guarantee I won't even be in the top five of mean posts regarding issues like this.

link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

thanks

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Thats not true, I just don't have the Url. I will get it if deemed nessesary. The video is a question not a farse. I just wanted opinion. Thanks

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

just brighten up the black and it will appear.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join