It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Ron Paul create his own Patriot Party? Would you register if he did?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
They say all it takes is a spark to start a fire, right? Looks like the MSM is ignoring Ron Paul again, and TPTB are still confused on which GOP candidate looks the most authentic to go againsts President Obama. The only man in this country right now that could go head to head with Obama and crush him, is Ron Paul. With Paul's common sense approach its too hard to go against anything hey says, because he makes so much sense, even if you don't agree with him, you would still have to respect what he says.

Now, lets say, that the GOP choose Mitt Romney. Would that mean the end of Dr Ron Paul?? What about all his passionate followers? The millions of people that love and support him??

I think he has something going and he should run as new third party candidate. He should create a new party. One that right and left could meet in the middle of The Line Of Common Sense, and do whats best for the country. (Not saying that hes right, nor am I say hes wrong) Who ever supports him should follow. I think that he could be the one to create a new party, that will really speak up on whats going on in this country. The party of truth! With no special interest, with no lobbyists, nothing. Just for the people, by the people. Simple and plain.

Lets face it. Hes getting a little old, and this most likely is the last time he would ever run for president. He needs to create a party and a movement that will out live him, to only get stronger when he passes. I think he should write a manifesto to leave behind.

What do you guys think?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I honestly hope he does run third party if he doesn't get the nomination, as I don't see the good doctor as a quitter.
(though I wouldn't say he was quitting if he chose not to)

However, I believe he sees this campaign as a win already. He has done everything in his power to spread the true message of liberty, self-reliability and fiscal responsibility.

Ron Paul and the overwhelming group of followers have helped just as many people (if not more) wake up as any Alex Jones or anyone else.

As to your question...I personally don't think it's necessary to initiate a new party. "Independent" on a libertarian platform is good enough for me.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If he ran as an Independent I would definitely vote for him.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is the obvious choice.
He would however make a great General of the New Rebellion.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
well a 2 party systems
not really a democracy...
its a choice.

and I don't wanna
have to choose between
a Turd Sandwich & Giant Douche anymore

I'd go with a common sense party
how could it get any worse

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It wouldn't last.. you really think the other two parties will go for it? They'll call it the newest terrorist organisation then have them legally killed without trial on american soil...

www.youtube.com...

It has already hit the fan and ron paul may be our last hope

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If Ron Paul is your last hope, you're doomed.
I think a RP party is a great idea.
I'll even contribute.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I do not LIKE the fact I'm about to relate at all. But look at what third party runs have done historically. In the 1992 election Ross Perot ran against Clinton and GHW Bush, giving us Clinton because he split the Republican vote. In 1996 against Dole and Clinton you can make less of a case that he tipped the election, but without him it would have been a squeaker. In the 2000 presidential election in Florida Nader received 97,421 votes and George W. Bush defeated Al Gore by 537 votes. Nader, very left wing himself, gave us Bush.

With that as background, to be successful, any third party has to draw equally from the Democratic and Republican voter. If a third party simply attracts disaffected voters from one party or the other, then this effectively gives the win to the opposite party. Given the fact that Paul is running as a Republican today, the question becomes, if he runs as a third party candidate, can he pull away as many disaffected Democrats as Republicans? If not, Obama wins.

Dyed in the wool Democrats will remains so no matter what. Dyed in the wool Republicans will remain so no matter what. It is the centrists who tend to swing to the Dems or the GOP depending on the candidate and the times. So a potential scenario emerges where a centrist candidate could pull from both sides.

Is Paul a centrist candidate? I think you have to ask yourself what the results will be.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Sure and say hello to another 4 years of Obama. That's a guarantee!! Think Ross Perot. Paul does not have the support to WIN period. It's not his time and after another 4 years of Obama Paul will be sipping his meals through a straw in a nursing home. Compliments of Obamacare

join