It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before sharing your pithy, antiChristian quips, please read

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

awww, I knew it would eventually come to you running to the "original" rendering...
This is how one gets there point across when he is defeated. Stick with the English, or you will lose revelation from the text.
But you also assumed that the Old testament "sanctuary" is a New Testament church...what else you going to assume?

And when you quote me, quote me in context...your starting to look worse than CNN or MSNBC around here

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

what do you suppose God will do to us for that little "booboo" of killing His Son?

John 10:17-18 ~ "Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. NO MAN taketh it from me, but I lay it down OF MYSELF. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

KJV, at least you got the part right about Jesus dying for you.

edit on 15-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Who are you telling to "follow Jesus"? I don't deny God will destroy body and soul in Hell. I deny that Jesus said to hate your neighbor.

Jesus didn't, Jesus said love your neighbor, and your enemy....not sure where you got we are to hate our neighbors from...
And I do love them by giving them the Gospel...that is IT!....but God also said to HATE the world and to HATE SIN. Now guess who sins........animal? Nope, people sin. And some are worse than others....they are called abominations to God, and He hates them. We should too.

Want the verses or are you just going to ignore them and quote me comments and not talk about what the scripture SAYS.
Now don't get in the flesh, stay on topic and lets discuss scriptures.
edit on 15-3-2012 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

John 10:17-18 ~ "Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. NO MAN taketh it from me, but I lay it down OF MYSELF. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Read Luke 20:1-16 for the account of How man killed God's Son. What Jesus is saying above is HOW Jesus allowed them to Kill Him. The point is, men still had the intention of Killing Jesus Christ. Obviously man could not kill Jesus themselves since man could never hope to kill GOD. Now stop being nick-picky and reply to the doctrine of God's hate and coming destruction. Just what are we SAVED from??? Can you at least answer that?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

awww, I knew it would eventually come to you running to the "original" rendering...

I wasn't aware David wrote in English.

This is how one gets there point across when he is defeated.

Defeated, okay sure. The Hebrew slapped you silly and I'm "defeated"?

Stick with the English, or you will lose revelation from the text.

Absurd. There are Hebrew words that have no English rendering. The apostles and Jesus all taught from the Septuagint (LXX), what now?

But you also assumed that the Old testament "sanctuary" is a New Testament church...

No I didn't. The "church" ekklesia in the Greek, means set apart ones. The building with a steeple on it is just a building we gather at for corporate worship and praise.

And when you quote me, quote me in context...your starting to look worse than CNN or MSNBC around here

No, that's a violation of the T&C here. We're only to quote the relevant material we are responding to. If people want the original quote they can click the green link in the post.

BTW, that's strike 2, I'm really trying to be patient with you. But I'm not Christ, my patience will not last forever.

edit on 15-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The Posts about other Members and not the topic STOP NOW

Here are a few reminders before people start getting Warned and lose posting privileges

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by threewhiteeyes

It doesn't exactly advance our cause when some nut who claims to be a christian goes on a rampage, or as in one case here in arkansas, a christian family related to one of my church members, believed their 2 year old was possessed by a demon and the little girl died from injuries where the mother and step father had tried to "excersice" the demon out of the girl and beat her so bad it broke her bones and her intestines ruptured and she died of sepsis. Supposedly the mother wasn't involved but she was present and did nothing to save her baby. They found a rope encrusted with the girls blood on it hiding under a pillow in her empty closet they used to torture the girl in. Supposedly they were catholics.

It's people like that who claim christianity but are really wolves in sheeps clothing that give us bad reputations. Guess no one ever told them a 2 year old can't be possessed.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Want the verses or are you just going to ignore them and quote me comments and not talk about what the scripture SAYS.

You've GOT to be freaking kidding me?? I've went back now, counted, and I'm still waiting on you to comment on 9, NINE, verses i have provided. I told you I had zero interest in bouncing verses off each other's heads. How much less do you think I would enjoy bouncing verses off MY OWN HEAD????

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

[SNIP]

With that in mind, What Bible do you use OP?

Mod Note: ATS and Censorship
edit on 16-3-2012 by Gemwolf because: Snipped off-topic rant and left note

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

And to the hate mongering extremist: If God hated us like you imply, would He send Jesus in the first place? I don't know, b/c I can't see God and Hate existing together..

I will go very easy on you, but you need to be informed. To answer your question, do you think an ALL loving God would kill the entire world, women, babies and all in Noah's flood....if He didn't hate what His creation had become?
God actually said it "repented" Him to make man.....so He killed them all.

Then He sent His Son to be our King......sooooooooo, what did we do? We killed His only begotten Son.....now think about this, you to Noturtypical.....what do you suppose God will do to us for that little "booboo" of killing His Son?

I can sum it up for you....the Book of Revelations. Ever read it? Yeah, God does some serious killing in that one....AND He BURNS the whole world up at the end KILLING everyone AGAIN!!!.

You guys don't get it at all, and it saddens me. GOD IS MAD, and He will get revenge on us. You better turn to Jesus Christ the ONLY ARK and safety from God's coming WRATH.

Read you Bible babes, read your Holy Bible and Learn of God. "Fear God".

Luke 20:15-16
15 So they cast him out of the vineyard, and KILLED HIM. What therefore shall the lord of the vineyard do unto them?
16 He shall come and destroy these husbandmen, and shall give the vineyard to others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid.

God forbid indeed....sounds like some of you guys on here! GOD FORBID He gets angry and kills people..... READ YOUR BIBLE.
edit on 15-3-2012 by KJV1611 because: i can

You make it sound like God was surprised at the death of Jesus Christ. You declare prophecy, then, invalid.
I'm knowing you more and more by your fruits, sir.
And even if-IF- God felt this way… how are you worthy of executing disdain?

Again and again you imply that God does not love us. There is no Truth in this. Citing scripture doesn't justify your aberrant claims, either.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

This is how one gets there point across when he is defeated. Stick with the English, or you will lose revelation from the text.
But you also assumed that the Old testament "sanctuary" is a New Testament church...what else you going to assume?

No. Not at all. WTH is wrong with you?
NYT is being clear, and entertaining your aberrant foolishness out of LOVE. How can you not see that? He IS correctly assessing God's Love for us. He doesn't want to see you continue stumbling, or cause others to, out of LOVE.
Stop being rude. Learn from the man.
Humility. That's our job. Declaring God's hatred, if it DID exist, would NOT be your job. No offense.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

be careful, the mod gods might swoop in on you. I posted asking if the OP wants us to keep discussing, or to stay on topic...which we were of course. But it was censored.
With that in mind, What Bible do you use OP?

1945 apocryphal.
I have no objections regarding the activity at this point.
contrary to the mod's will, I encourage this discussion, as potential yet remains for edification.
Mods don't like me, anyway, lol.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Awen24
So... I have a brief response to the OP. Bear in mind, I also am a Christian. Like you, I wouldn't ascribe to any one denomination, but hold Scripture as the highest authority.

...however, my question to you is...

why should the world, atheists or otherwise, play by our rules?

Our rules? What rules do we have?

I didn't know we had rules.

We should have rules...
WAIT! Let's start a club!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Do not want to get into religion bashing or arguments but possibly you could explain to me what a "true" christian is? To me (i would describe myself as a tepid agnostic) surely only true christians are those who follow the general teachings of Jesus (not sure he existed but for arguments sake will say he did) rather than the bible per say?

At best (if true) it is someone else's interpretation of it..........hence my question, what is a true christian?

In all fairness to NOTurTypical, that is not a good question to ask of him. We are all individuals, after all, we are not a cult, (for the most part) and we are not the Borg, (yet, anyway) we each have our own thoughts, our own theories, and our own take on a particular subject matter. NOTurTypical would interpret his/her own religion in ways he/she understood, and could live within the confines thereof, while another would do the same, in their own mind. Religion is not a tangible thing, you cannot touch it, feel it, or smell it, you take in the (input) information, key the brain synapses to respond to certain words, and alter your lifestyle to reflect your faith.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I know, I said I would not get into it on this thread, the censorship really hit be below the belt there. But reading it through, and seeing all of the snipping you Christians do at each other, pots calling kettles black, my cult is better than yours, I am real, you are not, I am truth, you are lies, and so on, and so on. It's funny.

Wonder why it is when a group of Pagans/Wiccans get together no such arguments happen? No anger is ever shown, that I have personally witnessed, and we all KNOW going in that we stand alone, everyone is different, across the board. Still we can commune together, around a fire, just as the Native Americans did so many years ago, and peoples did in Ancient times. Each year we attend a Cherokee "Pow Wow" in a area near where we live. The Cherokee own the land. The Gatherings are always peaceful, and one can feel the Spiritual Fellowship that surrounds the entire area.

Where does all of the fighting, and yes, killing, going to stop, people? Don't you think we have killed enough because of religion?
God/Goddess doesn't care what you think, or what you do.....
During the American Civil War, before a battle, very devout Christian men, such as General "Stonewall" Jackson, would kneel and ask God to help them to win the day, and to be victorious. Did God ever send an Army of Angels to reinforce the lines, and take down the enemy barricades? Perhaps in Ancient Times the Gods interacted with humankind, in fact, there is much evidence to support that. This is 2012, we are supposed to know better now. The thing is, we are supposed to be learning how to be Gods and Goddesses, not arguing over religious dogma and whose religion is the real one. Some of you sound like children. Don't you see the evil, the fighting, the bloodshed religion causes in the world? Why can we not just ban religion, and be done with it? I swear this world would be a better place to live in. Love one another, and stop hating one another. Love and Light to All.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Priest are not Christians they are Catholics and that is a big difference.

Research your ideals before you post so as to not make mistakes like this.

The Catholic church is the harlot of the bible to make the unbeliever more against the word of God

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by Flavian

Do not want to get into religion bashing or arguments but possibly you could explain to me what a "true" christian is? To me (i would describe myself as a tepid agnostic) surely only true christians are those who follow the general teachings of Jesus (not sure he existed but for arguments sake will say he did) rather than the bible per say?

At best (if true) it is someone else's interpretation of it..........hence my question, what is a true christian?

In all fairness to NOTurTypical, that is not a good question to ask of him. We are all individuals, after all, we are not a cult, (for the most part) and we are not the Borg, (yet, anyway) we each have our own thoughts, our own theories, and our own take on a particular subject matter. NOTurTypical would interpret his/her own religion in ways he/she understood, and could live within the confines thereof, while another would do the same, in their own mind. Religion is not a tangible thing, you cannot touch it, feel it, or smell it, you take in the (input) information, key the brain synapses to respond to certain words, and alter your lifestyle to reflect your faith.

You quoted ATS Member "Flavian".

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

This creates real Christians....not praise and worship fools.

What's wrong with praise and worship again specifically? That's the best thing there is, apparently I'm not a "real Christian". Hear that everyone? I'm not a real Christian KJV says, I'm just a common fool who worships and praises Jesus the Messiah.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

So... I have a brief response to the OP. Bear in mind, I also am a Christian. Like you, I wouldn't ascribe to any one denomination, but hold Scripture as the highest authority.

...however, my question to you is...

why should the world, atheists or otherwise, play by our rules?

Our rules? What rules do we have?

I didn't know we had rules.

We should have rules...
WAIT! Let's start a club!!!

YES! How can we have a club without rules? We can't have people walking around free in Christ, that would be chaos on a comic scale and scope. RULES! Where are the rules?? If we don't have rules then we'll just be like those 'fools' who love to 'praise and worship' Jesus.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join