It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before sharing your pithy, antiChristian quips, please read

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
reply to post by KJV1611

I hope you do realize that its not about a book we call the bible ..When Christ said to Peter ,and upon this , I will build my Church ..What was the name of that Church ? or tell me which denominations ,and the names of The different groups that gathered to Him ..this might help. www.pbministries.org...

If you take out single passages that refer to specific people and throw them at others using your own context you will miss the intended target. the verse was about ...Jesus said get behind me Satan, to Peter .Peter was not Satan ..Oh their must be some other context behind the words spoken ... The word is a 2 edge sword ,and cuts both believer and non believer .I have cut myself with it not using it properly ..peace
edit on 22-3-2012 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

Well, the Church isn't any particular denomination. Denominations didn't come about until The R.C.C. split with Antioch and went it's own way, and Alexandria was destroyed because paganism crept in from Egypt, thats when denominationalism crept in but even then it didn't get much of a foothold until the protestant reformation because the R.C.C. was vigiliant about murdering anyone who decided to have a thought to actually copy and teach the bible as opposed to reading it in Latin to people who didn't speak or understand Latin and couldn't hear the message. The Church is a spiritual brother/sisterhood of believers in the Living God.

BTW brothers shouldn't be arguing over scripture, Notyourtypical and KJV1611 are both right, they are just focusing on different aspects of scripture. Were only supposed to fight against the false prophets and false disciples and neither are one of those, so they need to make peace and let the peace of Christ dwell in them and calm this turmoil.
edit on 22-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I am not fighting with anyone ...KJV earlier posts were in affect about hating people ..or at least that is what it looked like to me ..peace

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I am not fighting with anyone ...KJV earlier posts were in affect about hating people ..or at least that is what it looked like to me ..peace

I didn't say you were fighting, i was talking about them calling a ceasefire. I don't think KJV was talking about hating people, the point he was trying to make was that God hates sin.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I didn't say you were fighting, i was talking about them calling a ceasefire. I don't think KJV was talking about hating people, the point he was trying to make was that God hates sin.

He said it's okay to hate some people, that's what I was addressing when i got into this thread. page 2 or 3, or 4, can't really recall. I wasn't even mean when I rebuked that idea. Gotta follow the advice from Paul in 1 Corinthians 13.

Don't wanna argue. Pride is at the root of all contention. Our brother Dr. Chuck refuses to debate anyone even though he gets hundreds of offers a year because of that verse.

edit on 22-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Don't wanna argue. Pride is at the root of all contention. Our brother Dr. Chuck refuses to debate anyone even though he gets hundreds of offers a year because of that verse.

He's right, we are not supposed to debate or argue with people. What we say is meant for those willing to hear, and for those who do not accept it as it is, we shake the dust off our shoes as a judgement against them and move on. We just quit wasting seeds on them and let their decisions be final.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I'm not giving up on anyone. The only time it's too late is when that wavy line goes flat on the EKG machine.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Sure, I will address what you've said when you address my last point because I've said it 4 times now. How can you tell if the lost person you hate today won't accept Christ tomorrow of the next day? None of us can see the future. I love Edwards, have you also heard much of Charles H Spurgeon??

I didn't say hate all lost people, I said hate abominations to God, such as queers. and a few others who God Himself said He hated. I am just following suit....
I only love them in one respect, I will give them the gospel, which is showing them the truest love of all, since it is charity as found in 1 Cor 13. Now lets discuss my verses if you will, without arguing.

He said it's okay to hate some people, that's what I was addressing when i got into this thread.

I said God hated some people.....I was just doing as Jesus would.... WWJD?
hehehe......
Jesus will throw all those who reject Him into Hell while He laughs at them

This is my whole point. Atheists always say "How could a LOVING God send people to Hell?"
Well the easy answer is.....He doesn't love them.....He doesn't even KNOW them. That Bible friends.....the truths in that HOLY Bible....and sometimes the truth is ugly...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I said God hated some people.....I was just doing as Jesus would.... WWJD? hehehe......
Jesus will throw all those who reject Him into Hell while He laughs at them!

I don't think Jesus would laugh at them. I believe he would be grieved that they didn't believe in him. When he went to visit Lazarus and found that he had died weeks before and the women were crying, Jesus cried too because they didn't believe he could bring back the dead, they doubted him and it grieved him.

He would feel sorrow at their loss, but he would still do what he must.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I don't think Jesus would laugh at them. I believe he would be grieved that they didn't believe in him. When he went to visit Lazarus and found that he had died weeks before and the women were crying, Jesus cried too because they didn't believe he could bring back the dead, they doubted him and it grieved him.

Well, that's great and all that you "think" you know what Jesus will do....but I have Bible that tells me exactly what Jesus will do when He throws people into Hell.....and He laughs at them. If you notice, which most of you don't, I hardly ever say "I think, I suppose, maybe, I FEEL like this, or I believe this..." I always quote scripture therefore I never rely on how I feel. Feelings ARE USELESS even when coming from Christians. Now here is how I know Jesus will laugh at those He throws into Hell:

Proverbs 1:22-31
22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
26 I also will LAUGH at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

Now read verse 26 again and again until you and all the other Christians on here understand that I DO NOT deal in emotions or FEELINGS. I deal in FACTS, from the HOLY Bible. If you guys cannot accept the truth know as FACTS, don't worry about it....the rest of the lost folks in this world can't accept them either. Join the club.

I say all this in Christian Charity and love of course.....
Get some back bone Christians...or just stay home....oh wait, most of you do just stay home now-a-days at your home family churches and internet "ministries".....MWHAAHAHAHAHA!!!
edit on 27-3-2012 by KJV1611 because: more sarcasm

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I figured none of you guys would discuss the verses I posted......typical. When you face a problem or something you don't like in the Bible, you either ignore it or change it.

I guess we can lay this discussion at rest now.

The verdict:

1. God HATES sinners who refuse to accept His love gift of Jesus Christ and will throw them into Hell while laughing at them.

2. God LOVES sinners who accept His Love gift of Jesus Christ in place of their own works and filthy righteousness.

3. God loves people, and He hates people, ALL conditioned on what they do with His Son Jesus Christ.....period.

Accept Jesus and God loves you.
Reject Jesus and God HATES you and His wrath abideth on you and your future is a burning literal fiery Hell. Hell is not separation from God as Billy Graham the apostate teaches....on the contrary, God is VERY present in Hell......it is just the wrathful and hateful side of God you will always see, never the loving side.
edit on 27-3-2012 by KJV1611 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Im glad you are a Christian, I used to be until I opened my eyes and saw there is something greater than religion and Christianity. God is in ones heart, not in a book. Christians have this problem, they are too afraid to look higher and open there minds to other options about life, they are close minded people stuck in a box. Its all good focusing wholly on God but dont forget theirs more to life than that. You still have to live life. The Bible is just a set of guidelines that needs to be updated to present time.

<< 14  15  16   >>

join