It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before sharing your pithy, antiChristian quips, please read

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

No, I am merely quoting scriptures. You guys are acting like you know better than God and could care less about what God says how He feels about sin. I have only showed you WHAT saith the scriptures. You and others are IGNORING them and will probably go out a buy a new bible that has these verses omitted in order to better worship your emotional love monster you call god.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I think that every true beliver believes that God loved them so much that He sent His Son to suffer a terrible death for each beliver ...That is how serious He was but it was Love why He came and Not hate ...peace

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by threewhiteeyes

The problem is not with your scriptures nor is it with your many factions of Christianity.

I can sense the venom in your words. The problem is your arrogance. Once again, a christian is projecting their own beliefs onto the whole of humanity. You seem to have no respect for different perspectives. No respect for spiritual beliefs that do not come from your cult. Looking down on others that are not a part of your cult. That is what I see from the great majority of christians on this site.

Your arrogance again shows in how you defend your precious bible with utter zeal. Completely convinced that it is the word of a deity. Completely convinced that it is the only deity that is true. Completely convinced that the men who wrote your holy book are divinely inspired. Utter lack of tolerance for any spiritual works other than your own. When you disregard spiritual works of non-christian origin, only due to the fact that they are "pagan", you wear *your* ignorance like a crown. I am not a christian but you will not find me creating any threads on this site trying to promote what I believe in. Nor will you find me creating threads deriding people because they have the gall to question your "Truth". You see, I have respect for the beliefs of other human beings. I do not bother others with my beliefs. Frankly, it is not my place and neither is it yours. Of course, there are exceptions, such as a willing spirit searching for insight or a thread like this claiming that your "Truth" is the only truth. These are merely two examples.

You opened the door by creating this thread so now I will question. How can your bible be the divinely inspired word of god? It can't and it has been proven. The stories of Adam & Eve, the serpent, the magic fruit in the Garden of Eden and Noah & the Ark are merely retellings of stories that were passed down orally for hundreds of years in Middle East. Long before writing was invented. If your god must resort to plagiarizing stories from the many cultures that lived in this area I must say that I am not impressed with his omnipotence. Furthermore, the Abrahamic concept of the devil is merely another concept that was borrowed from another culture, in this case the Zoroastrian Ahriman. I could give further examples but I won't.

Meditate on this --- the path to what you call God or the Holy Spirit is not through a book. It is not through others. The path is in yourself. Look inward and you will find all that you need.

I apologize for sharing a brief part of my spiritual beliefs with you but, as I said earlier, you opened the door by creating this thread.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Because we have the stink of Sin on us we suffer his anger, his very nature destroys sin in his presence. Without the blood of Jesus on you and your rebirth in him, you will moulder in eternal death forever because God does not abide nor tolerate sin. As i have said before an "all loving God" does not tolerate sin and he does not nor does Jesus. Jesus forgives it and tells you to stop doing it.

Great reply and a well rounded answer. You have came the closest to explaining these verses than anyone else thus far. At least you didn't just IGNORE them and hoped they didn't exist.

People (Christians) GOD HATES SIN. God is not ALL love.....nor is He ALL Hate, but He is EQUAL in both respects.

Accept God's Love SHOWN through His Son Jesus Christ, and you are Loved of God.
Reject God's Love SHOWN through His Son Jesus Christ, and you are HATED of God. This is 100% irrefutable if you are an honest Christian.

Wow, who here that calls Jesus Lord and Savior denied that God hates sin? I didn't read anyone say that KJV.
Btw, how are you doing? You've been gone for a little bit it seems, everything okay in your neck of the woods? Anything I can pray for you for?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

There exists more than two possibilities for why people may not want to talk to you KJV.

Yeah...I know there is:

GALATIANS 4:16 "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I TELL YOU THE TRUTH?"

MARK 1:22 "And they were astonished at his doctrine: for he taught them as one that had AUTHORITY, and not as the SCRIBES."

JOHN 8:45 "And because I TELL YOU THE TRUTH, ye believe me not. "

Still a fallacy. There exist other reasons also, I have some that you haven't mentioned yet.

But I'm trying to begin a dialogue with you again. Just please take pause and consider that every Christian here is rebuking you in the Lord with love. That should throw up red flags. I'm hoping to edify you, I heard from a bug on the wall that you're new to the faith, under 20? Is this true?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

No, I'm fine just been on vacation and can't get on like before. I would like to say I am sorry for being very confrontational through out this forum, I just happen to be more of a doctrinal Christian than a practical one. But then again I have scripture to be confrontational as well.... (2 Tim 3:16, Tit 1:9, Jude 1:3, Rom 16:17, 1 Tim 4:13, ) so I am not sorry for the verses I posted, nor what they are saying.

That Holy Bible has more stuff in it than any of us could hope to learn in one life time!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

But I'm trying to begin a dialogue with you again. Just please take pause and consider that every Christian here is rebuking you in the Lord with love. That should throw up red flags.

LUKE 6:26 "Woe unto you, when all men shall SPEAK WELL of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets."
Nah, only strengthens my resolve even more since I know what modern Christianity is....and it is not pretty. Christianity does NOT get better as the years go on....it always turns into apostasy. Without fail. Look at the churches we have in America today, the majority of the splintered split churches are to cowardly to even put a denomination in front of their name anymore. Now a days churches are named tripe like "The connection", or Holiness house of prayer", or community center of worship", or "Tongue flapping, fake healing, positive self esteem good hair looking female pastor church". They are a joke to any real Christian and God will spew them out of His mouth.

I'm hoping to edify you, I heard from a bug on the wall that you're new to the faith, under 20? Is this true?

Not to sound boastful....but I know too much Bible to be "new to the faith", and after over 15 years on street preaching, 30,000, jack chick tracts passed out, and hours on one on one soul winning nights and days, plus filling in for our pastor on more than one occasion, I can safely say I know more about Christianity from first hand personal work than Joel Osteen and Joyce Meyer combined. Plus I actually read the Bible through, from cover to cover more times than I have fingers on both hands......so no, I am not 20, nor am I a new convert.
I am a veteran solider of Christ......and I know what the Bible SAYS, not what someone teaches it says.
edit on 21-3-2012 by KJV1611 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

No, I am merely quoting scriptures. You guys are acting like you know better than God and could care less about what God says how He feels about sin. I have only showed you WHAT saith the scriptures. You and others are IGNORING them and will probably go out a buy a new bible that has these verses omitted in order to better worship your emotional love monster you call god.

KJV, that's extremely offensive. You should be ashamed of that, you haven't at all accurately described what any of us has said to you. None of us said we condone or encourage sin from anyone, or that God isn't Holy and Righteous or Just. None of us are ignoring anything, there is a principle of using the "entire council of God" to formulate any doctrine of Theology.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

LUKE 6:26 "Woe unto you, when all men shall SPEAK WELL of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets."

*sigh*

Context.

Who was Christ addressing when He said that? His disciples or the Pharisees and Scribes?

They are a joke to any real Christian and God will spew them out of His mouth.

You're accusing the bride of Christ, that's not your job. There is a fallen angel that has that responsibility right now. I thought a week to cool off would be good. Maybe a week wasn't enough time. We're all trying to help you because we all love you as a brother in Christ Jesus.

You're attacking people filled with the Holy Spirit man, that's not good whatsoever. You cannot do that KJV.

Not to sound boastful....but

If you have to preface your statement like that, it's a clear indication that it is a boast. You should never tell other Christians what your "resume' is, that's wood stubble and hay.

edit on 21-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

No, I'm fine just been on vacation and can't get on like before. I would like to say I am sorry for being very confrontational through out this forum, I just happen to be more of a doctrinal Christian than a practical one. But then again I have scripture to be confrontational as well.... (2 Tim 3:16, Tit 1:9, Jude 1:3, Rom 16:17, 1 Tim 4:13, ) so I am not sorry for the verses I posted, nor what they are saying.

That Holy Bible has more stuff in it than any of us could hope to learn in one life time!

I'm online a ton lately, that's prolly why it seemed to me like you're not on as much as before, because I'm on much more than normal. But I'm unemployed right now, I could really use prayer for a new job if you can remember me tonight when you have your quiet time with the Lord. I'd really, really appreciate that. Do you have any needs I can intercede on behalf of you for?

Where did you go on vacation to? I usually go to Chattanooga Tennessee for a camp-meeting every October for my vacations, but this year I had to get teeth removed and had to take it for that, which sucked.

edit on 21-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

You're attacking people filled with the Holy Spirit man, that's not good whatsoever. You cannot do that KJV.
I AM NOT. I have not mentioned you guys in NAME in the last few posts you are referring too....you however have mentioned me. If you don't like what I am saying, it is probably because it is conviction from God Almighty.

You ever heard the old saying that if you throw a rock into a group of dogs....the one that gets hit, squeals! Think about that a little bit. Now until you can counter the VERSES I post and not just my talking points, don't try and correct me, for you are trying to correct the verses I post and not me....

Lets see, "what saith the scriptures". Now please, reply to the verses I posted. The list on the previous page.
edit on 22-3-2012 by KJV1611 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

My very incomplete "resume" as you called it WAS a preface to ANSWER the question you asked. If you didn't want a answer, don't ask me questions. Now deal with the verses I posted....you are quickly starting to lose all creditability dealing with scriptures. You refuse to deal with the text I posted you which means you either agree with me but are too prideful to admit it, or you are willfully ignoring God's words....which is most likely what yu are doing....most modern contemporary Christians do just that.

I ask this in Christian charity of course....

edit on 22-3-2012 by KJV1611 because:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I AM NOT. I have not mentioned you guys in NAME in the last few posts you are referring too....you however have mentioned me. If you don't like what I am saying, it is probably because it is conviction from God Almighty.

You ever heard the old saying that if you throw a rock into a group of dogs....the one that gets hit, squeals! Think about that a little bit. Now until you can counter the VERSES I post and not just my talking points, don't try and correct me, for you are trying to correct the verses I post and not me....

Lets see, "what saith the scriptures". Now please, reply to the verses I posted. The list on the previous page.

I don't care if you attack me, I'm used to it. I'm defending the "Christians" you attacked above that ARE NOT here to defend themselves from you. And I don't mean the posters here that are offline, I mean the Bride your attacking that aren't even members of ATS.

You need to understand what heretics are NOT:

1. People new to the faith who are trying to get their Theology right the first time.

2. People who differ from you on secondary doctrines (Not Christology, Soeteriology, or Theology), i.e. baptisms, Charismatic or not, pre or post-trib rapture, drinking wine or grape juice with communion, musical instruments or not, et cetra. those are secondary doctrines, they are still Christians if they have Biblically sound doctrine with the primary, (closed-fisted) doctrines.

3. People who once held a heretical doctrine who have since repented. You wouldn't like to be held responsible for something you said 20 years ago and have since repented of and no longer believe/teach.

4. People who aren't Christians. Only the wolves are heretics, not someone who says "I'm not a sheep, I'm a porcupine!" Those folks aren't heretics, they're simply unbelievers.

5. People who accidentally said the wrong thing inadvertently not realizing it. "I said what? Oh no, that was a mistake, I didn't mean to say it that way."

Attack the wolves friend, not the lost, please. Show them only the love of Christ. His love is a magnet brother. That doesn't mean join them in their sin, or condone it, nor revel in it. Just be the hands and feet of Christ to them. Point being:

NONE of us knows what the Holy Spirit is doing in a person's life. We cannot see the future, there is NO WAY WHATSOEVER to know if the lost person you hate today won't come to Christ tomorrow or the next day. Only God knows those things.

God Bless you KJV, you've still not said if I can serve you, can I intercede for you in prayer in any way?

NuT

edit on 22-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

My very incomplete "resume" as you called it WAS a preface to ANSWER the question you asked. If you didn't want a answer, don't ask me questions. Now deal with the verses I posted....you are quickly starting to lose all creditability dealing with scriptures. You refuse to deal with the text I posted you which means you either agree with me but are too prideful to admit it, or you are willfully ignoring God's words....which is most likely what yu are doing....most modern contemporary Christians do just that.

I ask this in Christian charity of course....

I didn't say your resume was 'incomplete'. I said we shouldn't ever talk about our resumes, that's wood stubble and hay. I never implied the work the Holy Spirit put in your heart and you faithfully responded to was 'incomplete'. You may have read what I said wrong.

And I'm not ignoring you, I've already said a few times now I'm done fighting with you in public. I'm not going to engage in it anymore. And if you remember, pride is at the root of all contention, I'm the one trying to refrain from it with you. No one wins when Christians beat eachother up with random single verse theology. It's not good.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I hope you do realize that its not about a book we call the bible ..When Christ said to Peter ,and upon this , I will build my Church ..What was the name of that Church ? or tell me which denominations ,and the names of The different groups that gathered to Him ..this might help. www.pbministries.org...

If you take out single passages that refer to specific people and throw them at others using your own context you will miss the intended target. the verse was about ...Jesus said get behind me Satan, to Peter .Peter was not Satan ..Oh their must be some other context behind the words spoken ... The word is a 2 edge sword ,and cuts both believer and non believer .I have cut myself with it not using it properly ..peace
edit on 22-3-2012 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Attack the wolves friend, not the lost, please. Show them only the love of Christ. His love is a magnet brother. That doesn't mean join them in their sin, or condone it, nor revel in it. Just be the hands and feet of Christ to them. Point being:

I agree with your 5 statements about who not to "attack", that was some good points.
However, the point about attacking wolves and not the lost, I disagree on. If someone never "attacked" me (aka, PREACHED too NEGATIVITY) I would have never been saved.
I know the lost need preached too much harder than the saved do, and the lost need to be told they are LOST and sinners. The harder and meaner the better. Read ANY of the old time preachers and you will see what I am talking about. Read Jonathon Edwards, "Sinners in the hands of an ANGER God" for a great example. Millions were lead to the Lord from this one sermon.
Please reply to what I just wrote.
edit on 22-3-2012 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I hope you do realize that its not about a book we call the bible .

Well, to be quite honest, Christianity is ALL about the Holy Bible. The Bible is more important than the church itself, The Jews, the world, and even salvation.

Without the Bible you would know NOTHING about Jesus Christ OR salvation. So the Bible really is the CHIEF corner stone that our faith is built on. That corner stone is called the WORD (John 1:1-3, Rev 19:13) and that Word created the whole universe. Without the Holy Bible, God Himself would be a liar. (Ps 12:6-7)

So once again, the Bible is more important in this life and world than ANYTHING else in the Christian life....which would include worshiping God, tithing, winning souls, or spreading the "love" of Christ (whatever that means...) my God isn't a spreadable butter...)
edit on 22-3-2012 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I didn't say your resume was 'incomplete'. I said we shouldn't ever talk about our resumes, that's wood stubble and hay. I never implied the work the Holy Spirit put in your heart and you faithfully responded to was 'incomplete'. You may have read what I said wrong.

I know you didn't say that....I did. Go back and read the post. That was just my way of answering the question you asked me. If you didn't like the answer, just say, I don't believe you.

And I'm not ignoring you, I've already said a few times now I'm done fighting with you in public. I'm not going to engage in it anymore. And if you remember, pride is at the root of all contention, I'm the one trying to refrain from it with you. No one wins when Christians beat eachother up with random single verse theology. It's not good.

And I am not fighting with you. I just want you, or ANY Christian on this whole site to RESPOND TO THE VERSES I POSTED!!! If all you guys really think God is just a big love ball ready to accept anyone into Heaven when they die, I challenge you to prove it,

Once again I state this following truth that is one of the most important primary doctrines of the Bible.

God loves those that Love His Son.
God HATES those who HATE His Son. (Which include ALL lost people John 3:36)

And God will throw them into Hell while laughing at them (Prov 1:21-30)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Sure, I will address what you've said when you address my last point because I've said it 4 times now. How can you tell if the lost person you hate today won't accept Christ tomorrow of the next day? None of us can see the future. I love Edwards, have you also heard much of Charles H Spurgeon??

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Before the foundations of the world it has been about Jesus Christ ....peace

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join